PDA

View Full Version : A very interesting hack

J sims
May 28th, 2005, 21:44
I found this interesting hack at psphacker.com and it actually started up on my US 1.5 psp. It also claims to work with 1.51 but I haven't tested it out since i refuse to upgrade.

http://www.psphacker.com/2005/05/modified-version-must-update-file.html#comments]

P.S This is also my very first post ever so please forgive me if i may have screwed up th link

Cap'n 1time
May 28th, 2005, 22:36
old news and it is indeed interesting, but many believe its not of any use.

shizzle
May 28th, 2005, 23:04
its to do with 1.5, why bother its not allowed here.

Cap'n 1time
May 29th, 2005, 00:51
its to do with 1.5, why bother its not allowed here.

... yes it is. what the hell are you talking about?

shizzle
May 29th, 2005, 08:56
it's against the rules to post anything about 1.5. I tried to start a thread once were we could put everything about 1.5 but then i got a pm saying id get banned and so will this guy if he doesnt get rid of tihs post, esspecially as this post has been done before. I did tell the admin that as long as these are being deleted they will be repeated by noobs and they are but he says its not my place to break the rules for his conveince and i 'll respect his descison. If it's your first ever post maybe you should read the rules....

MetaFox
May 29th, 2005, 10:07
it's against the rules to post anything about 1.5. I tried to start a thread once were we could put everything about 1.5 but then i got a pm saying id get banned and so will this guy if he doesnt get rid of tihs post, esspecially as this post has been done before. I did tell the admin that as long as these are being deleted they will be repeated by noobs and they are but he says its not my place to break the rules for his conveince and i 'll respect his descison. If it's your first ever post maybe you should read the rules....It is against the rules to post about 1.5 unless a real breakthrough was discovered.

The 1.5 rule was put in place to stop the "homebrew on 1.5", "why cover emulators that only run on 1.0 when the US only has 1.5" and "let's start a thread about cracking the 1.5" threads.

I don't think wraggster posted about this one, so I'll let it stay.

Though, this doesn't do anything of any substance- so don't think that this will miraculously let you play homebrew on a 1.5.

It's more of a curiosity than anything.

Cap'n 1time
May 29th, 2005, 14:38
First off, whatever, Im too much of a regulare here to read the rules as they are mostly common sense. I would say as long as it dosnt apply to warez, and it donst make anyone look like an idiot then it should be fine to post.

back on the topic of this thread. The dude that keeps playing with this hack is trying to do some kind of demonstration with snes9x. read about it here.
http://www.psphacker.com/2005/05/snes9x-for-psp-v15-demo-attempts.html

leggy
May 29th, 2005, 19:26
I can't see whay this thread should be against the rules.

It isn't against the rules to mention 1.5 just to start threads about 1.5 being cracked.

shizzle
May 29th, 2005, 19:29
what this out then... It's about 1.5 being cracked.

leggy
May 29th, 2005, 19:34
what this out then... It's about 1.5 being cracked.

No it isn't.

BlingShyne2 TAA
May 30th, 2005, 17:09
No offence shiz, but just because your thread got locked, doesn't mean you have to be out to put a stop to everyone else's threads.

I'd let the mods handle their board, but that's just me...

Eric
May 30th, 2005, 18:21
okay get off the its illegal to talk about that bs if it was wrong the Mods would have done something about it already change the subject

Eric

ptr.exe
May 30th, 2005, 19:39
Just to clarify, the rule is there to stop people starting a thread discussing cracking 1.5 as there are so many, if a breakthrough is made or someone has proof that they are getting somewhere then that's fine.
If i remember your thread Shizzle was just asking if anyone knew anything, which is pointless as theres already posts stating that there is yet no solution.

Vimes220
June 1st, 2005, 08:48
Erm the rule is....

This a forum rule now, do not post topic asking when it will happen or crying about how you upgraded to 1.5 boo hoo!

so i read it as no more nuisance threads like
"when will the 1.5 be hacked!"
"oh i wish i haden't upgraded"
or misleading threads leading to bogus matreial

thats what i think and i'm sticking to it.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ptr.exe
June 1st, 2005, 13:08
What he said.

shizzle
June 1st, 2005, 17:28
i wasnt asking if anyone knew anything, i was asking anyone who thought they knew anyting to post it in a particular thread for others to read, so that the same tihng didnt get posted over and over agian, as for me i couldn't give a toss about 1. coz i have 1.0 lol :P.

I wasn't even stressing cause my thread was deleted, it's because this has been done before and as 1timeuser said is old news.

Terial
June 1st, 2005, 18:02
well, if this can be activated on 1.5 firmware, can't homebrew developers use whatever code is in the program to activate their own programs on 1.5?

wraggster
June 1st, 2005, 18:06
not yet, but you can bet that the psp will be cracked soon enough

shizzle
June 2nd, 2005, 14:12
it'll seem like forever if you sit and watch it, if you occupy yourself then come back in about a month and i reckon itll be done.

Cap'n 1time
June 2nd, 2005, 14:32
do what im doing, sign up for the feeds for psphacker and emuholic. I am waiting for that faitfull day when I read that headline and pee my pants.

J sims
June 3rd, 2005, 22:19
I am sorry.I didn't know that there was a thread already discussing this