PDA

View Full Version : Solar-powered battery works with PSP

Shrygue
May 16th, 2007, 20:44
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/05/16/solar-powered-battery-works-with-psp/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.pspfanboy.com/media/2007/05/sunpower.jpg

Want to have the power of the sun in your hand? Good. Digital World Tokyo (http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/2007/05/solar_charger_hooks_up_with_ip.php) is reporting on a new solar-powered battery. Boasting some impressive specs, like 1350mAh life and 3.7 volt operation, the battery will convert solar energy into portable electricity. One thing that makes this gadget particularly noteworthy is its connectivity to handheld devices, such as PSP.

For the adventurous, this battery pack may help make those trips to the Sahara less boring. There are a few drawbacks that come to mind, though. Firstly, the PSP screen doesn't handle sunlight too well. Secondly, the battery takes quite a while to charge: ten hours in sunlight. Some people don't even see that much light in a day. Finally, it doesn't come cheap: ¥7,980 (about £34).

Nikolaos
May 16th, 2007, 20:51
very nice, :) on the go energy!!! ill tape that shit to the top of my car LOL

Buddy4point0
May 16th, 2007, 21:15
LAME!
you cant see the psp screen worth crap in the sun!
so this thing is pointless

gymnotropic
May 16th, 2007, 21:36
I could see it having worth if you were out camping or something, and wanted to play when it gets dark.

$67.31 is rather expensive, though.

mfz64
May 16th, 2007, 21:54
that's stupid; first, it's expensive; second, 10 hours? that's crazy

ste
May 16th, 2007, 22:19
Cool. Will this make me eco-friendly? I could play it in a tree too if that helped?

tallica
May 16th, 2007, 22:41
My friend got that for his ipod because hes hiking in india for 4weeks. Should come in very useful.

Buddy4point0
May 16th, 2007, 23:05
yea i gess for camping and stuff it would be useful,
a good combanation would be a sun visor with the solar panels on top of it.

Veskgar
May 16th, 2007, 23:54
Simply wonderful. So we could take our PSP to be stranded on an island somewhere. Yes, the PSP's screen displays terribly outdoors on a bright sunny day but if the battery can lay out and charge and then play for a few hours out of the sun it would be great.

This would be great if I ever NEEDED it. Currently, I and many others don't really need this.

Memento
May 17th, 2007, 00:45
omg.....
lol
well well...
we kinda don need one... -_-"

Basil Zero
May 17th, 2007, 05:57
LAME!
you cant see the psp screen worth crap in the sun!
so this thing is pointless

I agree, its pointless, I cant even see the screen even with the cover visor i have:mad:

Memento
May 17th, 2007, 08:02
and the sun would reflect, damaging our eyes. No pint in getting it if u cant c it

Triv1um
May 17th, 2007, 11:30
10 hours?!!!

Jeez, its a good idea, but no-one will wait 10 hours.

So if you had this on while playing your battery would still drain just slower.

The King
May 17th, 2007, 16:00
i would be needing one of these since im going to dominican republic next month and the electricity over there is never stable so it come and goes some nights i have to spend it in candle light so i will need this and also is eco friendly