PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Crackdown Beta delayed a day?

wraggster
May 16th, 2007, 22:24
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=164078&skip=yes)

After months of anticipation and hype, the Halo 3 multiplayer beta was scheduled to go live today at 1pm. Two hours later though and there's still no sign of it for people trying to get in through the Crackdown invite.

Bungie has updated its website (that's a bit broken too as thousands try to access the forums to find out where the demo is) with following: "Folks are reporting problems downloading the Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown this morning. We have alerted the appropriate Live authorities and they are taking care of the problem as we speak. More news as it comes in."

We've just popped a copy of Crackdown in our 360 and the option to download the Halo 3 Beta is still greyed out, telling us to check back at a later date. Thanks for that.

"With any luck this will be a short delay. People entering the Beta through other methods - Friends and Family, Rule of Three and so on, are unaffected," adds Bungie. The population count has been increasing since lunchtime.

Word is sources close to Bungie have now said that there could be a problem the the server that's hosting the beta for Crackdown invites. Other sites are suggesting a 24 hour delay. Same time tomorrow? 1pm? We'll let you know.

MasterChafed
May 17th, 2007, 01:16
officials at microsoft state that it will be active within the next 2-5 hours now.

stotheamuel
May 17th, 2007, 01:49
God... This sucks beyond belief. I was so pumped.

MasterChafed
May 17th, 2007, 02:09
You weren't the only one, but oh well, we still get it right? im sure we will make up for our one lost day of Halo 3 during the 3 weeks it will be active.

sitexec
May 17th, 2007, 02:59
buying crackdown to play halo beta: 60$
waiting 5 months to play: painful
knowing others are playing while your invite is worthless: suicidal

already having a beta key from stage one invites and raping people online in halo 3 beta.... priceless

Ive been playing all freaking day, and with my roommate, soon to be all night, enjoy the wait friends =]

MasterChafed
May 17th, 2007, 03:20
IT IS OUT. You have ot do a cache clear first. just go to the system blade on your dash, then go to the memory tab. once inside memory, just hit Y. then hit x,x, LB, RB, xx and it will ask if you want to do maintenance. say yes, then start up crackdown, download the update, and it should be in the crackdown download list.

stotheamuel
May 17th, 2007, 03:41
Thank you Masterchafed!

IT'S WORKING.

MasterChafed
May 17th, 2007, 03:56
no problem bro, im just looking forward to the halo 3 goodness. btw, because of all the trouble, thy ar extending the time we can play until the 10th of june instead of the 6th. so we get 4 extra days for missing one day. :)

Shadowblind
May 17th, 2007, 04:10
Wait extending time? So we don't get to keep the beta until the release?

MasterChafed
May 17th, 2007, 04:14
no, the deadline originally was ending on the 6th of June. we get about 3 weeks with the beta, and thats all.

stotheamuel
May 17th, 2007, 06:28
My download keeps stopping at 16ish %.

Pardon my french but,

WTF.

EDIT: it kept getting error at 16 and I'd start it over and it would go straight to 16 and stop. Now it finally went on and I'm already at 40 %.

I've downloaded 16 percent of it atleast 30 times lol.

Destroyer699
May 17th, 2007, 06:51
I got the beta. Its awesome.

MasterChafed
May 17th, 2007, 07:17
I LOVE THIS. Gamertags now, lets play.

BrooksyX
May 17th, 2007, 07:17
The beta is awesome. Best game I have ever played and it is only a beta, I can't wait for the real deal because it is going to be sick.

SnesR0X
May 17th, 2007, 07:47
It is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MasterChafed
May 17th, 2007, 07:54
I'm absolutely loving the Beta right now. its awesome.

stotheamuel
May 17th, 2007, 22:33
Gamertag St0th3amu31

thats a zero

MasterChafed
May 17th, 2007, 23:47
mine is Kaslover