PDA

View Full Version : [OLD] Beup Live v0.3e Fixed - MSN for DS

wraggster
May 17th, 2007, 00:16
This version of Beup Live DOES NOT WORK as it's OLD.Use the search function (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php) for the latest one.

HtheB (http://www.area-ds.com/htheb/index2.html)has updated BeupLive, heres the info:

This is a patched version of the Beup Live 0.3e DLDI ROM for Nintendo DS by HtheB. Microsoft sometimes changes the IP-address of the MSN Passport server so the ROM can't connect. The problem is that the ROM is using hardcoded IP-adresses instead of looking up the server's DNS. So until a version which supports DNS-lookups has been released I'll patch the ROM with a new IP whenever it changes. Simply put, this fixes the problem with "SSL connect failed". Enjoy

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jojotjuh
May 17th, 2007, 10:10
works again :D
thanks HtheB :)

tomqman
May 17th, 2007, 11:20
working fine again on my r4ds thanks..... one problem my display pic never shows up for the other person in my convo

nurae
May 17th, 2007, 15:47
Nice, thanks alot, works perfectly with M3simply :)

paultall90
May 17th, 2007, 16:42
cheers m8

Buddy4point0
May 17th, 2007, 20:04
yay! thanks man

beckyl99
May 27th, 2007, 13:37
why wont it let me sigh on msn?
it connects for like 5 minutes and then stops.
x

toymin80r
May 29th, 2007, 03:03
hey beckyl, what card are you using?

BigJC1983
June 13th, 2007, 19:07
Hopefully this works...just dl'ed it

GizmoGary
June 21st, 2007, 21:41
Having loads of problems with this beup... after it gets to "Doing handshake" it either hangs there or then comes up with "Connection to notification server has died"
I'm using a SuperCard with SD card and latest firmware on it...
Any ideas anyone?

Edit-
Ok, I got it working now, a reboot of my router sorted it. Only problem I have now is that it is not saving my settings and I have to put my username and password in every time... the beup-user file is on the card from a previous version but it won't use this or create on a new one... :(

mr_pablo
June 22nd, 2007, 10:41
after trying several versions of Beup, i tried today as i updated my r4 firmware, and would you believe it, its working.

although i am thinking it may be because i changed the first wifi settings to manual mode (i put in a set ip address)

DanTheManMS
June 22nd, 2007, 16:34
The manual Wifi settings are most likely the reason why it worked. Homebrew has a hard time with DHCP, the process of automatically obtaining an IP address and DNS servers, so it's best to set everything to manual.

JP_Godfrey
June 24th, 2007, 18:02
Fantastic! This works again.

I've always had problems with saving my settings and Avatars have never worked for me. I have tried putting the file both on the root level of the card and in my homebrew folder with the BEUP folder at root level and in the homebrew folder.

I am using an M3 DS Simply.

mr_pablo
June 24th, 2007, 18:51
try DLDI patching the beup file for your card.

it may work without DLDI, but with it, it should be able to read the avatar files etc off your card.

arnold_disco
July 1st, 2007, 20:55
What are you using to extract it becouse i can't.

sugarspun58
August 8th, 2007, 17:23
strange bug report....

not sure if its been mentioned before, i haven't looked...

If you are on MSN Live via Beup and someone sends you a message using the Trillian client rather than Windows Live software.... it crashes, or boots you.

Coire
August 12th, 2007, 17:27
I can't get it to work, It won't get past the handshake. I'm using an M3 SIMPLY, And I'm Using a Netgear Rangemax. I'm using a .gmail.com MSN but I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any solutions?

DeathMonkey
August 16th, 2007, 10:58
It was working fine for a while then it suddenly froze :S

Linkman
August 17th, 2007, 01:12
Aww I can't download this! It says that the ZIP may be corrupted and btw, I'm new here. lol

KuroiNeko
September 5th, 2007, 04:30
My keyboard is CRAZY. Most notable is the Y/Z swap and the special character (!@$%, etc) placement.

Could someone upload their keyboard images and config file that more closely resemble the QWERTY layout I know and love? Thanks.

Also to add to that, my soft keyboard doesn't take up the whole space from left edge to right, and the keyboard is squished (the spacebar and some key placement suffer) which makes no sense to me.

Scizz
September 12th, 2007, 18:19
Hm...any chance the IP changed again? Because I get the SSL error with this version as well.

lofty123
September 29th, 2007, 22:17
Mine just says connecting...... for ages until i turn it off

Using M3 DS

sel
October 28th, 2007, 16:02
ive had this beup for months ive updated it and downloaded your patch but it still stuck at the "doing handshake" part

and if u wait long enough it goes to
starting connectio
connected to msn dispatch server
doing handshake...
asking for auth token
connection to notification server has died

darkangelz
October 28th, 2007, 16:15
Im really new to this. Could someone get me a step by step walkthrough on how to do this I want MSN on my ds..

sel
October 28th, 2007, 16:20
is it the kind of mod card u got cuzz i got the m3 lite proffesional

baloobot
December 8th, 2007, 07:09
k im having a horrible time trying to even get this thing running :(

i patched my firmware to v1.13 for my r4ds and have the posted version of beup. i manually typed in my SSID and tested it with mario kart, but lo and behold I STILL CANT GET PAST "CONNECTING USING FIRMWARE SETUP: SEARCHING" :mad:

unholy3000
December 8th, 2007, 21:35
thats weird cause im sure this not the fist time this happend right?...when my point is mine still works i havent changed it once^^

TsunamiLuke
January 28th, 2008, 21:45
hi thanks guys it loads up but when i try to start a conversation it won't let me any ideas on what to do

LoudMaximus
February 5th, 2008, 20:33
k im having a horrible time trying to even get this thing running :(

i patched my firmware to v1.13 for my r4ds and have the posted version of beup. i manually typed in my SSID and tested it with mario kart, but lo and behold I STILL CANT GET PAST "CONNECTING USING FIRMWARE SETUP: SEARCHING" :mad:

Ive been having the same problem as you for ages,anyone out there with any ideas?

nikhilm
March 8th, 2008, 05:16
it dosnt download properley :(

maxinebluestar
March 14th, 2008, 22:09
it used to work for me.... for some reason, it wont anymore.

someone help me.

javichox33
March 29th, 2008, 02:36
Hi, I'm having trouble, after it connects it won't display my contacts. I'm using an m3 simply. Thanks.

Also, could you please tell me (in layman's terms) how to patch a .rar file to play on my m3 simply. Thanks

Donofduketown
July 9th, 2008, 22:52
broken again..... again ssl connect failed

witeds
July 21st, 2008, 22:21
sorry i didnot see you donfduketown on your post so i just about posted the same thing

they need to make it so that they can just post the patch and make a program to patch the old version on there cpus but that is just my opinion

zanaku
July 25th, 2008, 21:46
has there been any further update to this as of now? I get the ssl error as most people above.

Bruces
August 3rd, 2008, 17:11
Now its SSL Connection fail again :(

gencer131
August 7th, 2008, 07:48
how do you use it?

Dead1nside
August 24th, 2008, 02:10
Just a quick question... Does this thing not work with WEP routers? my router has a WEP, and I've had atleast 3 ds homebrews not work with it (2 I remember are this, it just keeps searching like it can't find it, even when I'm right in front of it, and lcirc, which does the same thing, can't find it). Or, is it just my router? :(

DanTheManMS
August 24th, 2008, 08:09
Beup is dead. Don't use it for testing.

Most homebrew requires that you setup your WFC configuration using an official wifi-enabled game (or DSOrganize) first. WEP should work fine. If you're still having troubles, try using manual settings rather than automatic ones, and try changing the channel.

HtheB
August 31st, 2008, 14:51
We all know that my old site was suddenly gone down, this is because Area-DS shut his doors down.
I thank the Area-DS team for their help they gave me. :)
We all know that Beup Live also doesn't work anymore (gives an SSL error while logging in.)
My computer got broken (the mainboard got messed up I think :( ) so I couldn't do anything to get Beup Live back to work
I'm on holiday at the moment, and will return soon back to home.
Ah and the last thing for today: A new project is on his way......... ;)

Please check out my new site for details: www.HtheB.com

Damiano
September 1st, 2008, 16:45
It is a miracle that Htheb is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zondajag
September 1st, 2008, 17:20
Hopefully him being back means that a working version of beup could be produced...he hasnt said anything about him trying to get it working again so im guessing hes not totally decided whether hes going to abandon this or not. This is all just speculation on my part but nonetheless without any proper indication of any work in progress we still sort of left in the dark.

jonsploder
September 29th, 2008, 03:30
Comon HtheB! Your work was (is) awesome! I really want to chat on the DS to other people again..missing it :(.

zondajag
October 3rd, 2008, 02:31
i doubt HtheB can fix it now, he did make the thing before he just modded it a little, so likelihood is that he wont be able to fix these major function losses.
He's not going to fix this and i think he never had any intent to when he posted before, i think he just wanted attention drawn to his new/newly updated site (maybe for advertising hits revenue i dunno. It's been a full month and still no word on any progress or any hint that hes fixing beup.

beup is dead go back to using your computers or wait until KevinC (the original author) decides to fix this app.

Rant, over

hert122
October 14th, 2008, 16:10
whaaaaaaat. whats the ip addres and stuff. and if you dont know how do i find it????

Bowser N64
October 17th, 2008, 08:12
Nice, but does this work with DLDI? Last few beups wouldn't even boot on my Games N Music after I patched them with GMTF2.DLDI.

lucaaaaaaaaaasz
December 12th, 2009, 21:12
hey it stays stuck @ doing handshake...

Shrygue
December 13th, 2009, 00:01
This version is old. As of now, the latest version is v0.6 over here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=271225).

Thread closed