PDA

View Full Version : Tried 3.40OE-A, no luck... Tried 3.30OE-A, no luck...

Goldfire
May 17th, 2007, 14:25
Please help me before I start pulling my hair out!

Ok, so I got my GPS-290 here, I've followed the instructions on the Deniska website.

However, when I try to load MapThis! I get nothing at all, (in terms of picking up a satellite). I've tried running the green test program, but here is what I get:

Loading USB Accessory module... OK
Loading USB GPS module... OK
Starting USB BUS driver... OK
Starting USB Accessory driver... OK
Starting USB GPS driver... OK
Opening USB GPS device... OK
USB State = 0x211 [activated]
GPS State = 3 location: 0

All the other information is a zero (0), except for the date/time.

I have tried different PRX's ranging from 2.71 to 3.40, on the two different firmwares (3.30OE-A & 3.40OE-A), tried both Kernel modes (3.30 & 3.40 as well as 1.50). No difference. I've tried the obvious things like going outside into a clear area.

Should I try 3.03OE-A?

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: My wireless switch is off
EDIT2: I just tried 3.03OE-C... Same problems... Arghhh... I'm going to bed...

kevinaldo
May 17th, 2007, 20:57
me too

deniska
May 17th, 2007, 21:44
do you have a TA-082 board? -if so - read the FAQ

Goldfire
May 17th, 2007, 23:30
No, I have the older TA-079 board, I have two PSP's, both with the same board. Same outcome on both.

I really, really wanted to get this going.

EDIT: I have also tried formatting my memory stick as well.

EDIT2: I just tried the PSP290 TEST with the wireless switch ON, now it picks up some satellites. Not many because we have bad weather here at the moment. However, it's still more than before. Haven't got a lock yet, been about 3 minutes or so now.

Does anyone know how many satellites are in the total constellation?

yaro666
May 19th, 2007, 00:05
No, I have the older TA-079 board, I have two PSP's, both with the same board. Same outcome on both.

I really, really wanted to get this going.

EDIT: I have also tried formatting my memory stick as well.

EDIT2: I just tried the PSP290 TEST with the wireless switch ON, now it picks up some satellites. Not many because we have bad weather here at the moment. However, it's still more than before. Haven't got a lock yet, been about 3 minutes or so now.

Does anyone know how many satellites are in the total constellation?

Just sit on a bench for 10minutes. set LOC to 0, CPU to 111MHz and wait...you must be patient.
once i have fixes after 15minutes, so it depends of something...

Goldfire
May 27th, 2007, 04:42
Sorry for the delayed reply, I had to move. Still have no internet, just leeching off a wireless :P

I got it working though, I had to wait until the sky was clearer, worked straight away, I still get the occaisional lockup though. I can get a lock within 15-30 seconds now.

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it.