PDA

View Full Version : PSP Store is 'long overdue,' Sony admits

Shrygue
May 17th, 2007, 19:29
via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/17/psp-store-is-long-overdue-sony-admits/)

SCEA president Jack Tretton has reiterated Sony's intent to launch some semblance of a 'PSP Store,' but his statements provide little assurance that the project is a priority. "I think the advent of a long awaited and quite frankly long overdue ability to deliver a downloadable service for the PSP will help us out a great deal," Tretton said during an appearance at Sony Gamers' Day. "Hopefully we'll have it out there by the fall."

Tretton gave no further insight into the proposed venture, leaving us to wonder if he was merely referring to SOE's Station Launcher, a forthcoming service that will offer downloads of PSP-formatted movies directly to the handheld device (via PC). Of course, there would be obvious benefits to launching a portable counterpart of PS3's PlayStation Store, complete with PS1 games, demos, and trailers -- and, dare we suggest, full e-Distribution titles. All with just the flick of a WLAN switch. If only...

Buddy4point0
May 17th, 2007, 20:08
yep, its way overdue.
i wish sony would stop caring about the ps3 so much and focus more on psp.

offtopic: sup ykb you were gone for a while and now your back

Basil Zero
May 17th, 2007, 21:08
I say they should be equally active on both systems similarly to what Nintendo is doing with their DS and Wii.

mfz64
May 17th, 2007, 22:02
this was supposed to come out near Christmas and now it's MAY

Shrygue
May 17th, 2007, 22:08
Near Christmas? That is certainly a long while...

Triv1um
May 17th, 2007, 23:34
they aren't even concentrating on the ps3!

no recent fw updates, no updates in ps store (uk)

they are focusing on the psp more I think.

and I think that's wrong, psp games (umd) are nothing to me anymore. I don't own 1 single umd.

all homebrew games and emulators.

its stupid to be doing a store for a in my mind outdated machine.

pt9087
May 18th, 2007, 02:39
they aren't even concentrating on the ps3!

no recent fw updates, no updates in ps store (uk)

they are focusing on the psp more I think.

and I think that's wrong, psp games (umd) are nothing to me anymore. I don't own 1 single umd.

all homebrew games and emulators.

its stupid to be doing a store for a in my mind outdated machine.

I dont like your words! " Outdated Machine":confused: explain plz!