PDA

View Full Version : Syphon Filter coming back to PSP with new features

Shrygue
May 17th, 2007, 19:33
via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/17/syphon-filter-coming-back-to-psp-with-new-features/)

The sixth Syphon Filter game, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (nearly one per year since 1999, dang) is coming to the PSP this fall, and it is offering up some new features like 360 degree underwater combat, a cover system with blind fire, Havok physics (on the leetle PSP? Nice!), and a contextual combat system that adds some new and unique melee attacks, from neck snaps to knife kills.

What's cooler though is that they are opening this game up on a global scale as Logan travels the globe trying to unravel the mystery behind the disappearance of his long-time partner, Lian Xing. Story was penned by comic book writer extraordinaire Greg Rucka, who you'll have to forgive for writing the novelization of Perfect Dark. He does a good job with Queen & Country thought, so we're willing to let it slide. The game also features an original score from Azam Ali, who also composed some of the music for 300.

Screenshots can be viewed here (http://www.joystiq.com/photos/syphon-filter-logans-shadow-1/). Leave feedback via comments.

foxzoner
May 17th, 2007, 20:01
Oh Yeah!!! go syphon filter, go!!! ;)

Buddy4point0
May 17th, 2007, 20:07
the original syphon filter on psp was awsome and i cant wait for this!

Basil Zero
May 17th, 2007, 21:03
I never played the original, heard alot of good things, cant wait for this one, this one i will get for sure.

gamerremag
May 17th, 2007, 22:24
Omg Omg Omg Omg.....o.....m......g

Cant Wait I Love The First One!!!!!!!!!!! I Have Been Waiting For Ever For This!!!!!!! Online!!! Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloud_35
May 17th, 2007, 22:29
I never played the original, heard alot of good things, cant wait for this one, this one i will get for sure.

you have lost the the best pre-Crisis Core game of the PSP :D

Lodis
May 17th, 2007, 23:32
The first Psp Syphon filter is simply excellent and I still haven't even completed it yet. I expect the sequel to be great too.

If anyone hasn't played the first one yet you are missing out on some excellent, challenging and varied gameplay with intelligent AI, enemies that actually take cover and work together to kill you and some great weopons.

Broadus
May 18th, 2007, 00:23
Havok physics as in objects and debris flying around everywhere, dynamically reacting with other objects, or Havok physics as in ragdolls? It'd be nice to see more ragdolls in shooter games, just because ragdolls are neat. So far, the only PSP game I've seen with ragdolls is Killzone: Liberation.

Cloud_35, how can you say Crisis Core is the best PSP game if it isn't even out yet?

Cloud_35
May 18th, 2007, 00:36
Havok physics as in objects and debris flying around everywhere, dynamically reacting with other objects, or Havok physics as in ragdolls? It'd be nice to see more ragdolls in shooter games, just because ragdolls are neat. So far, the only PSP game I've seen with ragdolls is Killzone: Liberation.

Cloud_35, how can you say Crisis Core is the best PSP game if it isn't even out yet?

I can feel it :D. Just kidding. Don't need it to be released to know it (if you like rpgs of course...)

Gizmo356
May 18th, 2007, 01:44
Finnaly I've been waiting for a new Syphon Filter to own at!

The King
May 18th, 2007, 01:50
me and gizmo challenge all on this game we will dominate u in team battles guahahahaha we are kings

pt9087
May 18th, 2007, 02:24
Syphon Is awsome!

Baboon
May 18th, 2007, 08:39
The first Psp Syphon filter is simply excellent and I still haven't even completed it yet. I expect the sequel to be great too.

If anyone hasn't played the first one yet you are missing out on some excellent, challenging and varied gameplay with intelligent AI, enemies that actually take cover and work together to kill you and some great weopons.

I'll second that! :thumbup:

I'm still playing the first game (story mode and multiplayer infastructure) and its defo one of my fav psp titles. For me this game even kicks Metal Gear Solids ass on the psp!

If only all psp games were of this quality?

The second sounds ace... an essential purchase! :)