PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Game: PSP needs more new titles, says LocoRoco creator

Shrygue
May 17th, 2007, 19:38
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25097)

LocoRoco creator Tsutomu Kouno has told GamesIndustry.biz that too many of the games available for PSP are sequels - and that he plans to redress the balance.

Speaking at the Nordic Game conference earlier this week Kouno said, "We need to make more new games for PSP, not just sequels. We have to increase the number of casual games, games that LocoRoco players will want to play."

However, Kouno is currently working on a sequel to his own game for PSP. When asked if LocoRoco will also be appearing on PlayStation 3 he replied, "I can't really say anything official right now, but... As you'd expect."

Kouno went on to state that he is committed to Sony's handheld, and to doing what he can to improve the range of software on offer.

"There are too many sequels for PSP, only sequels, so I want to make a new game for PSP," he said.

"I have many ideas, but I can't make them all because I am only one person. I have five or six new game ideas either for PSP or PS3, but I actually want to make them for PSP - for the people who bought LocoRoco, or bought a PSP because of LocoRoco, and like casual games."

The full interview with Kouno, where he discusses the potential of the Sixaxis controller and the EyeToy camera, the allegations of racism that were levelled at LocoRoco and his latest ideas for new games, will be published on GamesIndustry.biz next week.

Buddy4point0
May 17th, 2007, 20:07
speaking of locoroco creator, how cool would a locoroco level editor be in locoroco 2, and then send it to ps3 and have people on playstation home play with u on it. that would be awsome.

m_d_uk
May 17th, 2007, 20:39
speaking of locoroco creator, how cool would a locoroco level editor be in locoroco 2, and then send it to ps3 and have people on playstation home play with u on it. that would be awsome.

that would be awesome :)

Basil Zero
May 17th, 2007, 21:00

Ya, that would be so cool

I cant wait for Locoroco 2, and hope they make one for ps3, that would be so cool:thumbup:

emuking
May 18th, 2007, 00:11
loco roco was fun so i pray its on ps3, ds, or psp again

Broadus
May 18th, 2007, 00:21
Eeeh, I don't like "casual" games. I mean, I played Loco Roco a little bit, but I never had the inspiration to buy it. Mainly because I can't stand seeing those little yellow guys getting eaten.
I like XTREME games that get that adrenaline pumping.

pt9087
May 18th, 2007, 02:35
Loco Roco is the best game for PSP, (so far) the PSP needs better games!!!

Buddy4point0
May 18th, 2007, 04:28
oh amagine locoroco with the sixaxis controler