PDA

View Full Version : Sony expects further game losses

Shrygue
May 17th, 2007, 19:42
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25075)

Sony expects its games division to continue to make a loss in the financial year ending March 2008.

Senior vice president Takao Yuhara has forecast an operating loss of around JPY 50 billion (EUR 305 m), reports Reuters.

However the figure is an improvement on the losses for the previous financial year, where the company's games division suffered a JPY 232 billion (EUR 1.4 bn) loss due to the launch of the PlayStation 3.

Despite the financial hit in the games division, Sony still expects operating profits of JPY 440 billion (EUR 2.6 bn) for the financial year ending March 2008.

shedeus
May 17th, 2007, 21:56
ISO's?

Buddy4point0
May 17th, 2007, 22:52
i dont know... i think theres alot of good games coming out soon.

emuking
May 18th, 2007, 00:09
god of war......... and uh ff7:cc should do it

comicgeek
May 18th, 2007, 05:16
again its not piracy that's causing the losses... it's the games themselves... dont expect all playstation owners to buy GTA, or by GOW, or any other title. The playstation games are so varied and sadly alot of them suck! -nuff said

Lodis
May 18th, 2007, 15:14
I don't think it has anything to do with ISO's because there are very few games really worth buying. The ones that interest me take so long to come out in Europe that by the time they do come out I am no longer interested in buying. When you are effectively seen as second class with regards to game releases it does little to motivate you to make a purchase.