PDA

View Full Version : Sega adopts Unreal Engine 3 for next-gen projects

Shrygue
May 17th, 2007, 20:09
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25073)

Sega has signed Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 for use in a selection of titles currently in development.

"Sega is pleased to arm our developers with the sophisticated tools contained in Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3," offered Simon Jeffery, president of Sega America.

"Its versatility and power will help Sega create incredible gaming experiences."

Titles currently in development at Sega include the recently announced Condemned 2: Bloodshot and Universe at War: Earth Assault.

"Epic is extremely excited to be working with Sega," commented Mark Rein, VP of Epic Games.

"Sega has a long history of innovation and leadership in our industry and we're honoured that they've chosen to use Unreal Engine 3."

bah
May 18th, 2007, 05:01
Standard, mutual back scratching press release.

I don't think there are any games using the Unreal Engine 3 on PSP, the cpl of games that use the (pretty cut down) unreal engine 2 are really pushing the hardware already.

Basil Zero
May 18th, 2007, 09:19
Sega has disappointed me last two years.......nothing special about this news to me.

bah
May 18th, 2007, 10:11
Sega hast existed in a long time.
Like atari.

Just a name.

Mr_Biggs
May 18th, 2007, 13:36
man, i took a look at some pictures and videos of what UE3 can do, and i was pretty impressed. i'd love to see that in Condemned.