PDA

View Full Version : I got a new ds lite got a question...

tggalindo
May 18th, 2007, 03:18
I got a new black ds lite today along with the new super mario game. Is it common for the ds to have some ghosting/blur? I notice in the super mario game like marios head for an example if you look at his red head and run fast you see black ghosting/blur. Basically any objects ingame if moving the screen fast you see it.

DanTheManMS
May 18th, 2007, 21:51
It's a side effect of most LCD screens. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can always compare it to a friend's DS to make sure your unit isn't defective though.

yaesumofo
May 19th, 2007, 07:05
I got a new black ds lite today along with the new super mario game. Is it common for the ds to have some ghosting/blur? I notice in the super mario game like marios head for an example if you look at his red head and run fast you see black ghosting/blur. Basically any objects ingame if moving the screen fast you see it.
Doesn't sound normal to me.
I find the DS's screen to be sharp as a tack when playing games or viewing images.
This blur /ghosting doesn't sound right to me
You may want to go to where you bought the DS from and compare it to another new one. If you didn't buy it at a shop go to a best buy or eb game or some place which sells the DS and play the game on a new machine. If it looks the same then you have your answer. If it doesn't then send it back and get a new one.
There is a chance that you got a defective unit. Some times these things take some "ON" time to show up.
For the most part I believe the DS is a pretty good piece of hardware, My only gripe is the quality of the hinge design, I have 2 dS's and both are showing cracks.
Good luck.
Yaesumofo

tggalindo
May 20th, 2007, 06:00
Doesn't sound normal to me.
I find the DS's screen to be sharp as a tack when playing games or viewing images.
This blur /ghosting doesn't sound right to me
You may want to go to where you bought the DS from and compare it to another new one. If you didn't buy it at a shop go to a best buy or eb game or some place which sells the DS and play the game on a new machine. If it looks the same then you have your answer. If it doesn't then send it back and get a new one.
There is a chance that you got a defective unit. Some times these things take some "ON" time to show up.
For the most part I believe the DS is a pretty good piece of hardware, My only gripe is the quality of the hinge design, I have 2 dS's and both are showing cracks.
Good luck.
Yaesumofo

Do you have the " new super mario bros game"? if so load up the world 1-1 and right at the start make sure you have marios hat red not white and stand at one spot and jump up and down and stare at the head/hat you'll see black blurring/ghosting.

Let me know, becuase I did exchanged it for another ds which was a white and it does the same thing.

spik3yb0i
May 22nd, 2007, 04:41
yep sounds like a problem. the ds is known for being a bit fragile

!!!!rocky!!!!
May 22nd, 2007, 04:46
There is nothing wrong with your ds mine does the same thing on that game. Its suppose to be like that

Pkemon Dork
January 14th, 2008, 19:28
ernesto17,i got your friend code registered, heres mine:
Name:Dunaka
Friend Code:2921 8098 3459