PDA

View Full Version : New PSP "definitely" coming, says "analyst"

wraggster
May 18th, 2007, 23:02
Even more PSP revamp rumours have emerged this morning, this time slopping from the mouth of Lazard Capital Markets analyst Colin Sebastian, who says that sources indicate Sony "definitely" has a redesigned PSP in the works.

Speaking to Next-Gen.biz - which uses significantly less swearwords than we do - Sabastian said that during a Sony presentation at this week's Gamers' Day event, Sony "implied" that a reworked PSP is surely on the way.

"That may or may not mean a change in form factor," he said.

Sebastian backs this with his own industry sources, who apparently tell him that a revamped Sony handheld is imminent. "I can tell you from industry people I've talked to that [Sony] definitely has something in the works," he said regarding a reworked PSP.

Sony recently slashed the price of the slick handheld to £129.99, perhaps pre-empting the arrival some kind of remixed hardware.

It's also set to roll out the PSP Go! Cam next month, which personally we'd like to see incorporated in a redesigned PSP.

We will, as always, keep an eye on the situation (because we get paid for it) and shine two really bright torches in to the sky when Sony announces something.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=164236)

JKKDARK
May 18th, 2007, 23:10
good for the poeple who never got a psp :)

Veskgar
May 19th, 2007, 00:51
Maybe this also explains why North America has not gotten any colored PSP's. They will probably release this "revamped" PSP in 2 or 3 different colors and try to capitalize on how well the DS Lite is doing with its color variations (onyx being my preference).

I really want a silver-metallic PSP so if I hope to get a homebrew capable one I'll have to import it I guess.

Buddy4point0
May 19th, 2007, 01:41
i hope its thinner with a better backlight

Classic80s
May 19th, 2007, 06:38
I hope it blocks hacking so I can sell my homebrew capable psp for lots!

Basil Zero
May 19th, 2007, 08:10
Good news for the psp!