PDA

View Full Version : Where to find the "old" Action Replay?

marzsyndrome
May 19th, 2007, 15:42
Hey, sorry, been lingering on here for quite a while but I've finally got an important question that I might as well ask on here! :)

I've been unimpressed with Datel's SD Media Launcher of late, and - knowing that they removed the "Add Codes" function from the newest Action Replay - decided to try and find a seller that still offered the older, less rubbish version. I notice on DCEmu's GC site a link on the front page to Divineo.de, who look like they're selling an old AR. After much time spent translating every page from ordering to submitting payment, I ordered myself a copy. Now, am I making the right decision here? Does anybody know whether Divineo really are selling a version of AR compatible with SDLoad, or whether they're actually yet another of the many sellers flogging Datel's needlessly crippled "Wii-compatible" version? I just hope it isn't difficult to cancel an order from a site entirely in German!

Cheers.

Contracts
May 21st, 2007, 03:21
What do you mean by you can't Add Codes on the new one? As in they don't let you type in the individual code if so how are you supposed to get codes?

kcajblue
May 21st, 2007, 03:52
the newest version of the ar only lets you get codes with updates.
you cant enter codes manually.
they removed that function.

Contracts
May 21st, 2007, 17:57
Oh wowo, Thats terrible. I own one and it lets me manually enter my codes. So whats the point of them even having codes on there site? How i'll never understand the workings of datels odd regulations.

marzsyndrome
May 22nd, 2007, 12:49
According to Wikipedia:

Datel as of now has encrypted the codes on the Action Replay for PS2, GC and GBA; this was meant to stop hackers from translating its codes for use in other cheating devices, but it prevents users from making their own codes for their games. It also prevents the creation of codes using a template.

Although some others reckon that they knew about the SDLoad exploit and so didn't want it to potentially affect sales of their own SD Media Launcher product, or something.

Tharizdun
May 29th, 2007, 01:50
how can you tell which one you have without using it? is there a way to determine which you have? I bought mine but I dont have a GC controller yet, and havent gotten a SD adapter either, dont want to waste money if I need to get the new media streamer thing

PeterM
May 29th, 2007, 08:10
As far as I know, if it comes in a tin box, it's the correct (old) version.

If it comes in a white and purple moulded plastic package (which may or may not say "Works with Wii" in a blue sticker) it's the wrong (new) version, so you should return it to the shop and get your money back.

However! All is not totally lost if you can't find the old version of AR.

SD Media Launcher is able to start SDLOAD via a prepackaged DOL file (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16792&postcount=13), which enables it to run more homebrew. I'm not sure if it's 100% compatible, but it's better.

calendor1
August 23rd, 2007, 22:11
SD Media Launcher is able to start SDLOAD via a prepackaged DOL file (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16792&postcount=13) ...

Any other website with the information on how to "prepackage" a DOL file into the Memory Card?

TIA

PeterM
August 24th, 2007, 08:08
I don't really know how to parse your question but SDLOAD is available in DOL format here:

http://code.google.com/p/quake-gamecube/