PDA

View Full Version : preview video of "Last Call" (build 21)

HardHat
May 20th, 2007, 03:54
Hi,

I spent another long day making a preview video of one of my upcoming releases. It is almost done, and I just want to polish it a little more.

Here is the background of the game:
After a long double shift at work, to your suprise, your co-workers threw a party. They wanted to celebrate your raise at work, a reward for those long hours you work. But now, tired and quite drunk, you're objective is simple. Leave the building, to get to the subway, and go home to sleep it off. The only problem is that the elevators are broken, and this is a big office building.

Too drunk to find your way out alone, ask helpful people for directions. Staggering around, try to avoid frightening the people who might help you. Although strangely you get points for frightening them. Somehow if you get sober before you get home you will lose, from the depressing realization that you must be an alcholholic.

http://youtube.com/v/18W73RQ_j54

A top down 2D game, which features:
- 6 playable levels
- full level editor
- 3 types of collectables
- over 50 non-player characters to interact with (some help you, some insult you but give you points)
- particle effects on picking up things
- cool sound track

here are the full credits:

Credits
Programming: hardhat, a_nub
Levels: hardhat
Graphics: birdman2078, hardhat, a_nub, Meyitzo, Zion
Sounds: WernerVonBraun, meanrabbit.com
Music: Music: http://www.mono211.com/modsoulbrother/ These works are licensed under a Creative Commons License with the full permission of Aleksi 'Heatbeat' Eeben, aka Antti Mikkonnen. (CC-Attribution-Non-commercial-No Derivatives).
Testing: hardhat, PSPJunkie, Zion, Wally, PSPdemon, legendpaul, Meyitzo, Whazilla
Fonts: Sprite Slicer with Font Mechanic
PSPSDK: ps2dev.org

Gizmo356
May 20th, 2007, 04:04
Great Job hardhat this looks great!

gamerremag
May 20th, 2007, 04:21
cool :)

Buddy4point0
May 20th, 2007, 04:28
nice, this looks like a great game

HardHat
May 20th, 2007, 06:20
Should be fun. I just have to finish it up.

robocelot
May 20th, 2007, 09:00
Wow, I got a serious Skool Daze vibe from seeing that video. Dunno why, since SD is side view and this is top down -- maybe something in the way the characters move around and interact.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this when it's released. Good stuff!

titch.ryan
May 20th, 2007, 11:29
wow looks good cant wait.

Sousanator
May 20th, 2007, 21:21
i really enjoyed this game, just ashame it was too late for that contest.

I didn't get the wobbaly walking part, until i remembered the eboot icon. What kept me playing this was definitly the level editor, since im addicted to building stuff like legos and sims. I cant wait for the this release.