PDA

View Full Version : Datel games n' music questions.

mik3y08
May 21st, 2007, 01:06
:eek: yea im an idiot, and w/ out doing much research bought datels sorry excuse for a media device/homebrew player, and now im stuck!!!! :mad:
Anyway since I am now stuck w/ this crappy device, and can't order anything different off the internet I have a few questions:

1) ok im kinda new to the whole DS homebrew scene, but i am led to understand that Datels games n' music has no DLDI (i think thats wht its called), well my question is what are the chances of a DLDI driver being made for this? and if there is a chance, how long will it be b4 one is made? :confused:

2) And my second qeustion is if a DLDI is made for this, will that allow me to play backed up commercial roms on my DS?

firedemon727
May 21st, 2007, 04:00
1. I don't know if there is going to be a DLDI driver for Games n' Music.

2. Talking about commercial roms here is aganist the rules.

mik3y08
May 21st, 2007, 05:37
MAN!!! THAT WAS THE MOST HELPFULL REPLY I HAVE EVER SEEN, YOU NAILED EVERY QUESTION I ASKED!!! (sighs in disappointment) thanx anyway i guess

bah
May 21st, 2007, 05:54
A single google for 'games music DLDI' turned up this in the first page of results, try searching for answers yourself before asking people:

agentq of forums.scummvm.org said:
"The current beta of ScummVM DS (v0.9.1 beta2) runs perfectly on all cards with a working DLDI driver, with all types of card and card reader.

Unfortunately, Datel do not provide a DLDI driver for their Games 'n Music card. They did provide the source code that allowed a driver to be created for the Max Media Dock though, so they may well provide this for the Games 'n Music card.

Until they do, there is no way to run ScummVM DS on the card. Better get emailing them and ask them to provide one!"

Your second question wont be answered on this site. Buy your games.

mik3y08
May 21st, 2007, 18:50
Actually I did search for 2 days, thats how I know what I do, and yes I read that, and thats what led me to my question! If it was ever possible...

And 2 if you read my post im not wanting to pirate games, im wanting to play back ups of my OWN games, so0o dont tell me to go buy my own games!

bah
May 21st, 2007, 20:09
Yes, of course.
'Backups'.

Shadowblind
May 21st, 2007, 20:13
1. I don't know if there is going to be a DLDI driver for Games n' Music.

2. Talking about commercial roms here is aganist the rules.

ISO talk is against the rules. You just can't ask where to find commercial ROMs. You can talk about them.

Bonic
May 23rd, 2007, 02:09
You might as well have gotton the MMD T_T

Smalldeadman
May 24th, 2007, 17:06
Backuped games are not allowed to be talked about + you need a flash card to backthem up, so i dont think you have one,

Oh people WORD OF advace DO NOT BUY THE DS LINKER, i have HAD TWO and both the batterys HAVE DIEd (none replacable) so no saving for me :(

EDIT: Whoot neoflash OS on ds LInker soft reset works soo i now have saving Edit

kcajblue
May 25th, 2007, 00:33
and dont get ds link confused with ds linker people.
they are different.

50calCerberus
June 2nd, 2007, 15:26
hey i wanted to get a game and music thingy if u dont want to homebrew is it still good to play music and games on?:confused:...also for the memory can u take the sd card out or is it built in?

TeenDev
June 2nd, 2007, 15:49
maybe... if you give chishm a plane ticket to the US or buy him a GnM, he will make a DLDI driver.

DanTheManMS
June 2nd, 2007, 22:51
I would suggest against getting the GnM. It plays music and media, and it plays the games it comes with, but that's about it. Commercial games obviously won't run, and very few homebrew games that aren't on the CD will run either.

Cheatsurfer
June 6th, 2007, 06:21
I have a MMD, more than enough for me. (for now)

50calCerberus
June 14th, 2007, 16:24
well i got it and a 1 gb card for it it was 35 bucks for the gnm and 30 bucks for the gb i got some shows and i got alotta music on there...i found some gaems on the website that work with it its pretty cool.:thumbup:

doctorded
June 16th, 2007, 16:20
Hey all! I emailed Datel 4 weeks ago, and finally got a reply:

Dear Sir

Further to your email it seems that we should now be releasing the required
driver and information in the near future.

Regard

Daniel Leese
Technical Support
Codejunkies
[email protected]

So talking with TeenDev a week ago, I bought the R4DS, worth the money and the 2 day wait for shipping.

aznpride93
June 19th, 2007, 22:13
well i got it and a 1 gb card for it it was 35 bucks for the gnm and 30 bucks for the gb i got some shows and i got alotta music on there...i found some gaems on the website that work with it its pretty cool.:thumbup:
how did you get doom running?

EliteKiller234
August 25th, 2007, 05:52
Yeah heres what I have: DSDoom, DSQuake, Nes, Snes, Moonshell, Ds demo roms, whole bunch of homebrew games about 78 now, gameboy, stella, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Episodes, DSOrganize, a bunch of my cd albums, genesis, and (takes a breathe) pictures lol...still not satisfy on what you purchase <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLgLcUhjKcw">check this out</a> for proof hahaha :)

and wtf to that stupid code upabove not working lol

DanTheManMS
August 26th, 2007, 06:13
HTML doesn't work on most forums. The syntax you're looking for is:

check this out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLgLcUhjKcw)

For some reason, using the [ code ] tag doesn't show the actual code, which makes it kinda useless, so I had to wrap it in an HTML box for it to show you the correct syntax.

Ctown
September 2nd, 2007, 23:36
Games N' Music still can't play commercial games (plus, this isn't the website for talking about that) but chrism made a second dldi driver at http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Main_Page and click devices, slot 1, and Datel's Game And Music (micro SD).

Retardedcow2000
September 9th, 2007, 19:52
I've used the new DLDI driver and it works great! I don't have problems trying to boot homebrewn anymore!