PDA

View Full Version : Bring Starcraft 2 to Consoles

wraggster
May 21st, 2007, 03:05
Blizzards announcement yesterday that the one of the all time classic RTS games Starcraft is to have an update this year (http://pc-gaming.dcemu.co.uk/blizzard-unveils-starcraft-ii-63778.html)has sent the gaming world into overtime at the thought of playing such a great game once again on the PC, but will they do what we all want and that is bring the game to all of the next gen consoles and handhelds, each system Nintendo DS, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii could handle the game with differences in graphical and the way its played.

Who agrees that Starcraft 2 on any console would be awesome, come on Blizzard make it happen :)

DiGG This (http://digg.com/pc_games/Bring_Starcraft_2_to_Consoles)

http://digg.com/pc_games/Bring_Starcraft_2_to_Consoles

Abgoj
May 21st, 2007, 03:13
I think it would be great, but I doubt it'll happen.

liquidfirex5
May 21st, 2007, 03:17
Im sorry, but i have to dissagree. Only because The Keyboard Setup Is perfect, This is the one game that Has not one flaw in terms of control. It would get lost in transiton to a controller. If u have had a ps3, 360, ps2, xbo1, ps1, n64.............Shit you mine-as-well Game on the Pc Level to

nal
May 21st, 2007, 03:35
Im happy with if just on P.C just wouldnt be right on a console, I played diablo on pc and console and the console one was such a let down. lets keep it where it its. Some games are great only on the p.c. i cant same some games are great only on console because all controllers for a console can be ported perfectly to the pc.

ShinMike
May 21st, 2007, 04:27
leave it on pcs

Basil Zero
May 21st, 2007, 04:44
Ya, a game like StarCraft 2 should stay for the pcs.

Graphics wise and fanbase wise.

solid12345
May 21st, 2007, 04:47
Geez, we already got call of duty 3 stolen from us pc users to be exclusive for consoles, let us have our starcraft.

Hana43
May 21st, 2007, 04:57
Yep needs to be for PC. Been waiting so long :thumbup:

Zork64
May 21st, 2007, 05:36
PC only :)

SketchPCIS
May 21st, 2007, 05:39
PC only, definately...any RTS on a console is a travisty, much like most FPS.

Dull Blade
May 21st, 2007, 06:03
Personally I dont like RTS on anything be the PC (I'm not a huge PC loyalist, if any thing a more of a console loyalist), but you cant argue that the DS with the touch screen might beable to pull off a low graphics version with out letting the game lay suffer too much.

Kaiser
May 21st, 2007, 06:22
Yeah leave it on the PC. Anyone remember the crappy N64 port of the original SC?

Balthasar00
May 21st, 2007, 06:35
come on, nowaday consoles can offer keyboard + mouse support, HD output and reliable network option. You don't need anything else.

Yeah leave it on the PC. Anyone remember the crappy N64 port of the original SC?

Things have changed quite alot since SC on n64. lol

and on the console side, there would not be all thoses lame map hack & multi commands cheaters.

It will just make more peoples to play with.

I like the idea..

satty
May 21st, 2007, 07:15
starcraft would be awful on any console, rts has forever been a pc game that doesn't translate well sans keyboard and mouse. Tho a wii port might be kind of interesting, it would probably fall to the same hardship.

Vangar
May 21st, 2007, 07:20
Its just not fast enough unless a mouse will work with the game.

ayhoung
May 21st, 2007, 07:49
yeah dont want sc 2 to be dumbed down just for consoles :(

BelmontSlayer
May 21st, 2007, 08:01
It would be perfect for DS though! The stylus would make it a breeze.

Vangar
May 21st, 2007, 08:41
I've seen someone trying to play Starcraft on a touchscreen. Looked painful.

If anything, the PSP would be the prime console for starcraft - The higher resolution and horsepower would make it playable. I cant see starcraft running in that little resolution DS has without getting attacked and being pissed off not being able to see it onscreen.

pas
May 21st, 2007, 14:37
PC and DS ^^

FrostyTheSnowman
May 21st, 2007, 15:30
Leave it on PC.

Some things are just NOT MEANT for consoles.

soulanger
May 21st, 2007, 16:03
Pc? SC-fan, gameplay and Graphics wise.
DS? Ds-fanboy-wise.... Butt-ugly graphics.... but(pun not intended.. hehe) ;) if were to use the old graphics.... Portable SC guys :))

Any console or handheld who would make it a top selling hardware.. Ahem... I believe half of koreas population would get it by the first day of release.

VFerg
May 21st, 2007, 16:41
It's been a long time since I played the first one and a lot has changed. When the first one was out I never would have agreed or even thought to say this would be just as good on a console. Now though I would say that if it was an exact port that allowed me to only use a mouse and keyboard (cause we all know it will never work with a controller) then I say go for it. Seeing as PS3 can handle my computers usb mouse and keyboard I am already set and would definetly consider buying this for a PS3 instead of computer. Of course it would have to be an EXACT port! and how often does that happen.

Broadus
May 21st, 2007, 17:21
As history will show us, RTSs are unsuccessful and annoying to play on consoles.
Still, I don't care if it's released on consoles, as long as it's released on the PC.
It'd work on the consoles if there was support for a keyboard and mouse.
I don't know how it could possibly improve on the first game, though, since the first Starcraft is the best RTS ever. I wish they'd made Starcraft: Ghost.
I also wish the first game had a portable version. It'd work great on the DS, and I'd be just fine if they made a PSP version, because RTSs can be bearable with controllers if everything's set up right. The closest we'll ever get to Starcraft for the PSP now, though, is if the Nintendo 64 emulator is ever able to run it.

I doubt they'll release Starcraft on multiple consoles because of Battle.net. One console apparently can't play with a different console, so how would Battle.net work out?
Unless they actually come up with something awesome like cross-platform multiplayer.

Balthasar00
May 21st, 2007, 17:34
From Blizzard :

Will there be a console version of StarCraft II?

StarCraft II is being developed for the PC. We have no current plans to bring the game to any console platform.

:\

Dull Blade
May 21st, 2007, 18:55
I've seen someone trying to play Starcraft on a touchscreen. Looked painful.

If anything, the PSP would be the prime console for starcraft - The higher resolution and horsepower would make it playable. I cant see starcraft running in that little resolution DS has without getting attacked and being pissed off not being able to see it onscreen.

The reason why it look painful was because the original wasnt designed to be played via touch screen. If Blizzard decided to make a version that was optimized to be played on a touch screen, there is no boupt that it wouldn't be any less that amazing. If it was on the psp, it might as well be the N64 port, it would be difficult to use the mini map and awkward to control, just like the N64 port. If Blizzard were to make one port of SC2, it would be deffinatly be easiest to play on the DS.

zoson
May 21st, 2007, 19:24
The reason why it look painful was because the original wasnt designed to be played via touch screen. If Blizzard decided to make a version that was optimized to be played on a touch screen, there is no boupt that it wouldn't be any less that amazing. If it was on the psp, it might as well be the N64 port, it would be difficult to use the mini map and awkward to control, just like the N64 port. If Blizzard were to make one port of SC2, it would be deffinatly be easiest to play on the DS.

Actually, blizzard has a module for multitouch displays that works with wc2/wc3/sc/sc:bw on the PC. I saw one on demonstration at Nextfest. The actual promotion was for a touch table, but they were using WC3 as the example program! It looked to me like anyone playing WC3 on this touchtable would rock the pants off of anyone else. Not only could you instantly move the pointer, you could do multiple actions at once(using both hands select two different groups of units, double tap two different locations, etc).

Jonesyxxiv
May 21st, 2007, 20:28
Ive been waiting for years for Starcraft 2. Starcraft is one of the best games ever and by far the bests RTS. Any console version would be good, or PC because I just got a new comp.

wolfpack
May 21st, 2007, 22:10
i prefer RTS on the PC, consoles proved that they suck, though of they remade the ORIGINAL starcraft for the DS along side it, that would be awesome, with the graphics tuned up a bit obviously

ShinMike
May 21st, 2007, 22:12
seen lord of the rings rts game on xbox360, and it was baaaaad.

Tennisgy
May 21st, 2007, 23:40
PC only for now...but Id like a Starcraft 1 game to be on the DS, similar to AOE on the DS

Jonesyxxiv
May 22nd, 2007, 00:22
As history will show us, RTSs are unsuccessful and annoying to play on consoles.
Still, I don't care if it's released on consoles, as long as it's released on the PC.
It'd work on the consoles if there was support for a keyboard and mouse.
I don't know how it could possibly improve on the first game, though, since the first Starcraft is the best RTS ever. I wish they'd made Starcraft: Ghost.
I also wish the first game had a portable version. It'd work great on the DS, and I'd be just fine if they made a PSP version, because RTSs can be bearable with controllers if everything's set up right. The closest we'll ever get to Starcraft for the PSP now, though, is if the Nintendo 64 emulator is ever able to run it.

I doubt they'll release Starcraft on multiple consoles because of Battle.net. One console apparently can't play with a different console, so how would Battle.net work out?
Unless they actually come up with something awesome like cross-platform multiplayer.

This post is wicked awesome^^^. I totally agree that Starcraft is the best RTS ever (because its a fact). I forgot about Ghost for while I really wish they made it. And the other stuff in this post is good too.

Nikolaos
May 22nd, 2007, 01:01
blizzard is lazy.. dont count on it..

penileartery
May 22nd, 2007, 06:23
icant wait. i saw the trailer and i was like must play sc lol so if anyone wants to join my fun. name is Frank-o on US. EAST

Anyways. SC is better on PC, and thats it. period