PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Guys Think About The New LP Album?

wind_mill
May 21st, 2007, 20:06
Hey Everyone

I just finished listening to the new Linkin Park album ( minutes to Midnight). Although all in all i think its a fairly decent album, albeit with some serious low points (Valentines Day WTF???).

I may not have liked it as much as their previous albums, but there are a few tracks which i enjoyed

1)Given Up
2)Leave Out All The Rest
3)In Pieces
4)The Little Things Give You Away
5)Shadow Of The Day

Also, is it me or are there too many Slow songs on this cd? And isnt the intro to shadow of the day exactly the same as a NIN song (Cant Recall the name:o )

I would like to know what you guys think. In in your opinion(s) , is this a step in the right direction for the band?

Triv1um
May 21st, 2007, 20:07
I haven't listened to the whole album. but i actually like the song they have released *embarrassed*

wind_mill
May 21st, 2007, 20:26
I haven't listened to the whole album. but i actually like the song they have released *embarrassed*

Yeah thats actually not a bad song, but ive liked some lp songs that werent made into singles better than this, but then this album is almost nearly different.

Kaiser
May 21st, 2007, 20:51
I love the CD. Took me about a dozen listens to get used to it mind you. Its quite different from their previous work but I believe its a step in the right direction. They definatley borrowed a lot of ideas from other bands ( NIN, Deftones ect; ) but in the end its still LP.

Also, is it me or are there too many Slow songs on this cd?

It has its slow moments but it also has some of the heaviest music they've ever done, and their are several guitar solos throughout the album. I mean "No More Sorrow" has some fairly heavy riffs for LP.

I think the main thing they accomplished in this album is that they have moved away from the "nu metal" brand. No one was expecting a "Hybrid Theory part III" and with this Cd they are far harder to label and seem to have developed a sound of their own we always knew they were capable of.

wind_mill
May 21st, 2007, 20:54
U know what youre absolutely right about the heavy stuff theyve done.

Maybe after a few listens ill start to appreciate it more to. Some songs do take longer to catch on.

Kaiser
May 21st, 2007, 20:59
U know what youre absolutely right about the heavy stuff theyve done.

Maybe after a few listens ill start to appreciate it more to. Some songs do take longer to catch on.

Yeah man, like I said give it awhile to grow on you. I really didn't care for it that much the first listen through, but after listening to their old stuff (Meteora specifically) I was somehow drawn back to MTM. Now I can't stop listening to it! :p

blackrave
May 21st, 2007, 21:54
Hm, I saw a commercial for this on TV and thought it sounded neat. I haven't really listened to Linkin Park ever .. So what album do you recommend a noob to listen to? :p

gdf
May 21st, 2007, 22:02
linkin park were already bad but this album is their worst, absolute piece of shit. christ buy pretty much ANYTHING else instead.

Accordion
May 21st, 2007, 23:09
Pop

Cloudhunter
May 21st, 2007, 23:33
Sigh, prepare for flames when you mention Linkin Park ;)

I personally like it.

Cloudy

Triv1um
May 21st, 2007, 23:52
hybrid theory was good.

then it went downhill.

VampDude
May 22nd, 2007, 02:31
The new album is ok, hopefully it doesn't get ruined by a remix/rerelease like they did with the other albums cause I actually like Linkin Park

kcajblue
May 22nd, 2007, 03:27
some of the songs on reanimation were good.

pt9087
May 22nd, 2007, 04:24
some of the songs on reanimation were good.

In The End (Reanimation), that song was very good!:D

Funeral For A Friend album is also really good! they got rid of the double bass drum and the screamo! the only shit song is Out Of Reach! :thumbup:

kcajblue
May 22nd, 2007, 05:21
yep.
i like the reanimated version of in the end.

ExcruciationX
May 22nd, 2007, 05:36
I personally don't like them. It's just not my taste.

dejkirkby
May 22nd, 2007, 08:34
This isn't their best, but it isn't their worst.

gdf
May 22nd, 2007, 13:39
you sure about that?

i am looking forward to gallows' album, now THERE is a band.

LilSwish722
May 22nd, 2007, 18:15
idk. i haven't heard the new cd. I love LP so i'll hafta listen to this. and I actually loved Reanimation. Kyur 4 th Itch was good. But Hybrid Theory was the best.

SnesR0X
May 23rd, 2007, 06:13
I loved Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but I was destroyed when I heard What I've Done, when unreleased tracks like Qwerty came out I had great hope for their new album. I hate it.

parkermauney
May 24th, 2007, 06:48
Given Up is the only good song on the entire album. Even the single sucks!

JKKDARK
May 24th, 2007, 16:20
It's MALLCORE. The real metal contains big guitar solos.

VampDude
May 24th, 2007, 18:03
It's MALLCORE. The real metal contains big guitar solos.

Like MetallicA... Before they sucked!

Triv1um
May 24th, 2007, 18:11
Yeah, indeed.

Metallica are my favorite band, but they suck now.

The old trivium have good power solos.

gdf
May 25th, 2007, 20:47
gallows

biffy

qotsa

these 3 bands al rock and have new albums soon!

hockey2112
June 7th, 2007, 18:11
A little late to the party, I suppose... does the bass line in the "quiet" parts of Given Up remind anyone else of the bass line in the song "Degenerated", as performed by the Lone Rangers in the movie Airheads? Listen to the bass in the part where Brendan Frasier is singing the song's verse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUNtPd1xA7w

Also, "Shadows..." REALLY sounds like something U2 would put out. Overall, the new LP is pretty good, in my opinion.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
June 7th, 2007, 21:53
metallica does not suck now. i think the new album had a little too much rap in it, and that they shouldve stuck with their old style. everyone is selling out these days

SnesR0X
June 7th, 2007, 22:09
Their newest album wasn't selling out, it was them sober :p

AvengedSevenfold Fan
June 9th, 2007, 21:41
does anyone notice that there is a lot of clapping in this album?