PDA

View Full Version : NDS: SavSender 1.1 released - dump/restore save files via Wifi

DanTheManMS
May 22nd, 2007, 04:26
New release from Abcd1234 (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13099):

Well, I've just released version 1.1 of savsender on my website. This version supports writing the EEPROM, in addition to the regular dumping functions. I've tested this with both MKDS, SM64, and Brain Age, and it seems to work properly.

In addition, I've fixed the config file parsing so it'll deal with whitespace at the start and end of config lines. This should make Mac users happy, as it will now handle any line-ending style, as well as extra spaces, etc.

Enjoy!

Note that this program is the only way for slot-1 users to manage save files from official cartridges, so the addition of write support is of particular interest.

A full Windows usage guide has been created by DanTheManMS and is available for viewing at http://www.scdev.info/forum/index.php?topic=9915.0

Download and give feedback via the comments

ambersg00
May 22nd, 2007, 07:35
hey, thanks, this post is very useful

Buddy4point0
May 22nd, 2007, 20:16
nice! ill try it now!

yoandahello
May 27th, 2007, 23:04
um....hello i have savesender on my M3 ds simply and i got all to work up till it trys to open the config file it says there is an error opening config file plz help soon as possible...oh and im matt..from the comments on the b ark site thing..

DanTheManMS
May 28th, 2007, 00:31
Did you put the config file in "(root)\DATA\Settings\savsender.conf"? And did you patch SavSender with DLDI? What does your config file look like?

zauberer
May 28th, 2007, 00:32
Which type of SAV files can I use to restore to an original card?

(R4DS=512KB ; SC, etc)

yoandahello
May 28th, 2007, 22:24
well im a noob to didli and yes i did put it in the (root)/DATA/Settings/savsender.conf...back to didli explain? all i have is m3 ds simplys game reader..

yoandahello
May 28th, 2007, 22:28
oh and its =

192.168.0.***

***=end of my ip

yoandahello
May 28th, 2007, 23:22
also i have no clue what you mean by patching it whith didli

Hunter007
May 29th, 2007, 18:49
Hi, I'm having some trouble with savsender and there's really not a lot of information on it that I could find to help solve my problem. Okay, I'll go in order...

The first problem I encountered was that it could not connect to the AP. Therefore, it failed. I then opened my ports (which I had forgotten to do.)

I set up the wifi settings using Mario Kart from my M3 Simply and saved them. I used a static IP and tested the connection. It established fine.

I created the config file as "savsender.conf", with the format

192.168.***

I then created a folder titled "DATA" and in that, "Settings", where I put the conf file.

I patched savsender-1.1.nds with the R4 DLDI and put it on the root of my card.

I go to command prompt after putting "nc.exe" on my desktop and type in "cd desktop". Then I type in "nc.exe -l -p 5000 > output.sav" and hit enter. I get a blinking cursor.

I then turn on my DS Lite, with the M3 Simply in and go to Game - where I click on "savsender-1.1.nds". It asks if I want to create a save file. I click ignore and it boots up.

It says "Welcome to savsender 1.1!" and that's it. The right light is blinking - I assume that's looking for a way to connect to my router. I have no idea what to do as it doesn't do anything further. No other text is displayed and it NEVER says "Cannot connect to AP" anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kegan

*- I'd really like figuring this out, because I have a Pokemon Pearl save on rental that I NEED because I don't want to start over. Everyone will tell me to use Pokesav, but since I can't get that to work...I'd prefer to figure it out this way. Thanks again.

Hunter007
May 30th, 2007, 17:46
Okay, so I've tried DSFTP now and it can't connect to the AP either. I'm starting to think the problem is just my DS connecting to the router. I setup the wireless using my M3 Simply. Do you think that could be the problem? Should I use an original game to do so? I can't seem to use any homebrew wifi software and I imagine that this could be my problem. Testing and will post back soon.

-Kegan

Ryupowerup
May 30th, 2007, 18:37
you SSID MUST BE broadcasting( AP)

for Any DS homebrew wifi app

Hunter007
May 30th, 2007, 19:03
My SSID IS broadcasting though. That's the thing. I've set up my DS using an original game and that hasn't worked either. See, I can connect using the game wifi so that must mean my ports are forwarded correctly.

Ryupowerup
May 30th, 2007, 19:06
do you have the config file in the right place and setup right

Hunter007
May 30th, 2007, 19:12
That's what I thought my next problem was.

It's set up as "savsender.conf" in "DATA/Settings/" from the root of the M3 Simply.

The format is:

192.168.0.**

Ryupowerup
May 30th, 2007, 19:17
192.168.0.**:this MUST BE you PC IP so, something like 192.168.0.255
5000 is forwarded

and
you are typing this
nc.exe -l -p 5000 > savefile.sav

Hunter007
May 30th, 2007, 19:23
Yep, using my exact PC IP. 5000 IS my forwarded port. My range is from 4500 - 5001. I'm typing "nc.exe -l -p 5000 > savefile.sav"

Nothing.

EDIT: I had tried just forwarding port 5000 too earlier.

DanTheManMS
May 31st, 2007, 04:28
I'm really not sure what the issue is, as it looks like you're following everything correctly. =/ Sorry man.

Hunter007
May 31st, 2007, 04:44
Well, I got a new DS and at least it gives me an error. It says it can't connect to the AP and it aborts. That's at least some progress. I guess there's nothing left for me to do since it doesn't work.

Thanks anyway,

Kegan

Tegamal
May 31st, 2007, 14:18
I'm also getting this Error Opening Config File. I have it in the file path ROOT/Data/Settings/savsender.conf.txt.

I'm going to keep trying new ports & see what I can come up with.

NM, I forgot to take the .txt out of the file name. I'm not quite awake. :P

DanTheManMS
May 31st, 2007, 19:43
Yeah, it needs to be named exactly "savsender.conf" without the .txt attachment. Did you end up getting it working?

Tegamal
June 1st, 2007, 03:14
Well, yes & no.

I got the save files to transfer to my PC no prob, but when I transfered the save to the card (after naming it the same as the .NDS file), then I tried to boot the game, it told me the save file was damaged & needed to be remade.

Any ideas?

DanTheManMS
June 1st, 2007, 03:45
Make sure the save file is the right size and isn't overdumped. That's the only thing I can think of. I think that the Pokemon games are a bit picky with the save files, but I haven't confirmed this.

[FFM]-AC/DC
June 2nd, 2007, 00:06
Tegamal, if you need your sav files dumped let me know, I can do it with my SCLite using Eepinator.

yoandahello
June 4th, 2007, 22:48
I'm also getting this Error Opening Config File. I have it in the file path ROOT/Data/Settings/savsender.conf.txt.

I'm going to keep trying new ports & see what I can come up with.

NM, I forgot to take the .txt out of the file name. I'm not quite awake. :P

.....lol i noticed that the file has a .txt at end and that there is a error opening config file....how do i remove the .txt file out of the file name like tegamal did?
:confused: :(

Tegamal
June 5th, 2007, 13:44
Just right click on the file & choose rename, then just delete the .txt off the end.

I then had to use another program to take the .sav up to 512k to work on the M3 Simply.

Padbin (http://www.pineight.com/gba/gbfs.zip)

The only file you'll even use in this download is the Padbin.exe.

To make this work, you need to put the sav file and padbin in same directory for ease of use (I just did everything from the desktop) and open a cmd window and using the following command "padbin 524288 <filename>.sav" and then put that .sav on your R4/M3 card.

It only takes about a sec & doesn't give you a confirmation or anything, but if you check the size of your .sav file, it will now be 512k & able to work on your card.

eric55441
June 14th, 2007, 16:36
Anyone know of a program like this but instead of dumping the save to your computer it is dumped to your sd card. Seems like it would be a lot simpler that way.

DanTheManMS
June 17th, 2007, 22:28
You could try REIN or REINMOON or EEPINATOR, but they will most likely fail on slot-1 cards. See the guide from the first post here for links to them.

Starcom
June 23rd, 2007, 11:49
Hi,

I just want to inform you that I've wrote a savsender client for XP called savreceiver.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9761/screenshotip4.png

It is multilingual (Default is french. To turn it in English, just edit savsender.ini then replace Franēais by English).

It download automatically the save file from savsender and make a file compatible with any linker (actually M3Simply/R4, DSLink but others will be added in few days).

It contains a step by step tutorial too.

Take a look to the readme.txt included to read more informations.

Actual version is 0.1b.

I add it in attachment (It's a full package containing savsender-1.1 too).

You could also ask me about it on my HQ french forum Gueux (http://gueux-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=160400&st=0&gopid=1107333&#entry1107333)

I hope you will enjoy it.

zauberer
June 23rd, 2007, 22:31
I need to register and I don't know very well that.

Can you post it here or post a link?

The utility looks awesome; nice work.

DanTheManMS
June 23rd, 2007, 23:54
I can't really help with the download, but I did update the link in the first post because the SCdev forums moved.

Starcom
June 25th, 2007, 09:05
I need to register and I don't know very well that.

Can you post it here or post a link?

The utility looks awesome; nice work.

In case your reply is for me, I have edited and add my program in attachment.

Enjoy !

rctneil
June 25th, 2007, 18:36
Hey,
can anyone tell me how long it takes to dump a .sav file from the cart to the computer? The lines of small dots are appearing 1 by 1 but seems to be about 1 and a half minutes between showing a new dot!

Thanks

Neil

Starcom
June 25th, 2007, 19:38
For me 4 seconds max :thumbup:

rctneil
June 25th, 2007, 19:50
The problem I have is that I insert the orig ds game when told and then press a to dump.

It then says this:

Connecting to server. . .
Error!
Sending EEPROM contents. . .

If I leave it then it never completes. The "."'s keep appearing but it will go on for hours!

Any idea to whats up?

Thanks

Neil

Starcom
June 25th, 2007, 20:40
Yep!!

It's a connecting problem have you create the savsender.conf file in /data/settings/ on your linker ?

Have you typed in it:
Your PC internal IP adress
The port to use

??

Have you a router ??

Can you post the result of "ipconfig /all" command ?

rctneil
June 25th, 2007, 20:57
My ip address is 192.168.1.64 and my .conf file is as follows:

and yes of course i have a router. wouldn;t bother if i didn;t have one.

Starcom
June 25th, 2007, 20:59
Have you forwarded the port 5000 to IP 192.168.1.64 ?

rctneil
June 25th, 2007, 21:02
yep.

rctneil
June 25th, 2007, 21:14
Any other ideas?

Starcom
June 25th, 2007, 21:15
Is the port 5000 open in your PC firewall ?

rctneil
June 25th, 2007, 21:35
i have disabled the firewall

Starcom
June 25th, 2007, 21:42
Can you post you ipconfig /all ?
Or check your PM for my msn

Abbathorn
July 20th, 2007, 21:59
hello!

i have a problem, whe i run the savesender.dns in the NDS it freezes and only say :

Welcome to savesender 1.1! and do nothing.

the yellow led of the wifi connection on the ds is flashinf but nothing happens

i have an r4

someone help me plz

thanks
Abbathorn

Siesna
July 23rd, 2007, 18:16
I am having the exact same problem, the odd thing is I've used savsender with no problem on my R4 before.

I've tried everything I can think of:
Let savsender run in its frozen state for about 10 minutes
Re-DLDI patched
Removed EZ Flash 3-in-1 from slot 2 (just in case)
Reverted to 1.09 R4 kernel
Took everything off the SD card except _system_, _DS_MENU.nds, and savsender.nds
Reformatted the SD card
Put the original savsender file from the original .zip, just in case mine had gotten corrupted somehow
Removed EVERYTHING off the card, put back only _system_, _DS_MENU.nds, moonshl, _DS_MSHL.nds, savsender.nds, and the DATA folder
Restarted savsender about 137897597934 times

The green led that normally flashes when the DS is in WIFI is flashing like it should, but the program is definitely frozen. The R4's soft reset doesn't work.

I really don't understand, because like I said, I've used savsender on this same R4 and SD card before. I don't know why it's suddenly freezing. Anyone have any answers? Please? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I tried putting my R4 in a different DS. When I loaded savsender, it said "Cannot connect to the AP!" I configured that DS's wifi settings to connect to my router. I retried savsender, and now it freezes after the "Welcome to SavSender 1.1!" just like before. I'm going to borrow a friend's R4 and try that later.

EDIT 2: Different R4 didn't help. Gave up and just used eepinator.

teosmi
August 7th, 2007, 18:22
Hi,
I'm from France and have the same probleme with savsender-1.1.nds as Siesna and Abbathorn
I have a ds lite + m3 simply + 2Go µSD.
In the root of the µsd i have DATA folder in witch i put SETTING folder with savsender.conf file (192.168.0.2 and 12456 port open in the router)
Also in th root I have savsender-1.1.nds.
when i launch it i have the message "welcome to savsender 1.1!" and nothung else. Black screen down and white screen up.
can any one help me
My Ds is a new one v5 (magenta screen)
THX

teosmi
August 7th, 2007, 21:47
Hi,
I'm from France and have the same probleme with savsender-1.1.nds as Siesna and Abbathorn
I have a ds lite + m3 simply + 2Go µSD.
In the root of the µsd i have DATA folder in witch i put SETTING folder with savsender.conf file (192.168.0.2 and 12456 port open in the router)
Also in th root I have savsender-1.1.nds.
when i launch it i have the message "welcome to savsender 1.1!" and nothing else. Black screen down and white screen up.
can any one help me
My Ds is a new one v5 (magenta screen)
THX

teosmi
August 7th, 2007, 21:48
I made a try with an old DS std and it works with the same µds and the same M3 simply.
In an another forum the told me to wait a new update of savsender wifi librairy for newest DS Lite.?????????????

Yasir Said
August 8th, 2007, 18:43
i tried and it worked, ds lite, 1gb micro sd, final fantasy III and an r4 thank you very much

invalid
November 4th, 2007, 01:53
anyone have a link to the guide on how to use this? The link in the first post isnt working...

ButterBeer121
November 4th, 2007, 13:17
http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=9915.0

Just change the .info to .org.

The program works great. Only problem is that it's as slow as hell, but you're trying to extract a 512kb file from a card and transfer it over a wireless connection using a portable game device, so how fast do you expect it to be? It would also be really cool if the program could extract the entire game ROM.

WillWill56
November 25th, 2007, 02:21
I'm having a bit of trouble with the resolving host part.
Also, do you enter your computers IP? I'm using my routers IP.

From my DS:

Welcome to savsender 1.1!
Connected to AP.
Opening config file...
Server is at 192.168.0.1
5000:0...
Press A to dump, or B to restore
Detected EEPROM of type 3, size
Reading 262144 bytes from EEPROM
Resolving host...

It gets stuck there and won't budge.

...Help?:(

pizzatacoman
November 25th, 2007, 03:51
Hmm...

When I run the program it says..

Resolving host...
Resolved to 208.69.32.137
Connecting to server....
Error!
Sending EEPROM contents....

And then it does that forever.

I have the conf file setup:

192.168.1.01 (my computers ip)

I have port forwarding setup to send to 192.168.1.101.

When I run the progam it creates the save file on the desktop but it remains 0kb forever. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

WillWill56
November 25th, 2007, 04:01
what server are you using? netcat, savreceiver or savsender server?

pizzatacoman
November 25th, 2007, 04:08
netcat

WillWill56
November 25th, 2007, 07:28
In your case it might pay to try a different one, but with mine... well, I don't really know, but mine has nothing to do with the server.

DanTheManMS
November 25th, 2007, 19:01
WillWil56, you need your computer's IP, not the router's. pizzatacoman, no clue, try SavReceiver I guess.

WillWill56
November 26th, 2007, 07:16
Thank you! An actual answer instead of "Go back and read the instructions!".

Edit: Changed it to my PC's IP, still nothing. I might need help with the port opening/forwarding bit.
I have Dial-Up if that changes anything for port opening.
And hopefully there is someone out there kind enough to reply within the next hour!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit Again: Sorry about the double post below, the server hid this post so I posted a new one and this one magically appeared!

WillWill56
November 26th, 2007, 07:41
[Deleted]

Teh-Matt
February 4th, 2008, 03:52
Nvm... should have read the posts

dphirschler
July 14th, 2008, 19:01
I was also getting the "cannot connect to AP" error. I checked and rechecked everything and was convinced I had done everything right. So after some more searching, I finally solved my problem. The solution for me was locating a newer version of Savsender version 1.1b. Here is the link that led me to it.

http://frodo.dyn.gno.org/~brettk/savsender

I've done it with both Savreceiver and Netcat. Either way works. Here is my setup:

- Cobalt Blue DS Lite
- Supercard DSone HC (slot 1)
- Nothing in slot 2
- I am using my computer's IP, not the router's.

The process goes like this:

- Run Savsender from the flashcart
- At the "press A" prompt, remove the flashcart and put in your DS cart without turning off the power.
- Run Netcat (or Savreceiver) on the PC
- Press 'A' on the DS.

The file will then transfer. Took about 30 seconds for the first game I tried. The second one took 4 seconds.

Darryl

strikes
May 9th, 2013, 04:15
Thanks!