PDA

View Full Version : R4 DS v1.09 Firmware Released

wraggster
May 22nd, 2007, 06:39
The R4 DS team have released a new version of their firmware for the flash cart. heres whats new:

1) Optimization delete process;
2) Solve the 0991 issue;
3) Solve issue to some of the games without displays of icon and the title; 4) Support master switch of action replay cheat for real-time game (opening cheats by L+R+START+UP, temporaryly closing cheats by L+R+START+DOWN);
5) When cheats to the same game are in both the official database and the users database, users can choose to use the cheat in any database;
6) Solve the 1070 achiving issue;
7) Solve the 1085 issue;
8) Update Cheat code editor v1.01;
9) Released the list of cheats.

http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm

Buddy4point0
May 22nd, 2007, 20:10
great work!, downloading now

canfield727
May 22nd, 2007, 21:14
Where do I put this on my R4...and how do I put cheats on it?

Basil Zero
May 23rd, 2007, 05:20
Nice, cant wait to get my R4 and install this

x999x
May 23rd, 2007, 07:20
So what do these fixes mean to the layman?

Billo-Exx
May 24th, 2007, 10:04
well good news but .... i dont need cheats so this update is barely useful for me ...

Da_ALC
May 25th, 2007, 15:20
Any update is a good update.

StealthCP
May 26th, 2007, 17:48
Any update is a good update.
No? Sony PSP Firmware Updates. Merr, good example :D

I'm not noticing a mighty load of M3 Simply firmware updates, I wonder why, seeing as it's practically identical :p

brinstar
June 14th, 2007, 10:17
Is anyone else having problems with the 1.09 firmware?

1.08 works fine, but when i try upgrading to 1.09 i get a lock-up.

Is it a requirement of the new version to include the moonshell files, because i normally leave them out? I get by fine with the _dsmenu.dat file, which then creates its own 4mb file on the microsd card.

I have removed all files relating to the 1.08 firmware.

Tegamal
June 15th, 2007, 14:14
No? Sony PSP Firmware Updates. Merr, good example :D

I'm not noticing a mighty load of M3 Simply firmware updates, I wonder why, seeing as it's practically identical :p

I got the M3 Simply as well, & I noticed they release their updates (which are pretty much the same as the R4's) about 1-2 weeks after R4's.

gusgus
June 18th, 2007, 21:37
How many people have tried the R4DS? I was looking to get it and was wondering if people have been having good or bad experiences with it. What does everyone think?

Tegamal
June 19th, 2007, 14:35
Like I said in my previous post, it works identically like the M3 Simply, which I absolutly love.

My friend from work has the R4DS & he is equally happy with it.

Category
June 19th, 2007, 14:50
Yes, my experience with th R4 is a very good one - it has awesome homebrew compatability (mostly thanks to DLDI), and it is just such an easy experience... I recommend it to all!

[FFM]-AC/DC
June 20th, 2007, 00:38
I've had no problems with my R4 either. My friend has the M3 and his has been great to. I went with the R4 for price, and the fact that the updates come out quicker, and I have never been let down.

Tegamal
June 20th, 2007, 03:43
Kinda funny...

I'm talking about my friend that has the R4, AC/DC is talking about his friend that has the M3.

Just in case you haven't guessed, we're talking about each other, haha

Back to the topic, though, the M3 has never let me down, but I wish the updates came as fast as the R4.

[FFM]-AC/DC
June 20th, 2007, 12:05
Speaking of the R4 i believe firmware 1.10 is out with auto DLDI patching. This is from GBAtemp.com:

"The R4 Team have released loader version 1.10. This version includes DLDI auto patching, meaning that you don't have to patch DLDI supported homebrew before copying it across to your memory card. The R4DS patches the homebrew on the fly. This version also fixes the recently (understatement) discovered problem with The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass 2MB flash save type. Congratulations to the R4 team for such a fast release!"

TeamOverload
June 20th, 2007, 12:59
Yes, that is correct. I just submitted a news article about the patch. Hopefully it will appear here shortly :)
Can't wait until I get home now, so that I can download the update.

Tegamal
June 20th, 2007, 15:35
That's great, can't wait for 2008 when it comes to the M3 Simply!

brinstar
June 21st, 2007, 13:40
well it looks like they have either fixed my problem in the 1.10 version, or i did something right.

this time i tried copying everything from the firmware directory (inc. moonshell which i never use) and it works fine now.

it previously used to work with only the firmware, but now they probably tied the firmware to moonshell or something, but it does work now, so it wasnt the make of my micro sd.