PDA

View Full Version : Seriously weird problem

Spark
June 1st, 2005, 18:47
OK, I know this isn't directly Homebrew-related, and allow me to at first apologise for that.

I've had my PSP for about 3 weeks now, and last night I left it with my sister who was playing Ridge Racer on it in another room. She returned it to me later in the evening and I charged it.

Upon switching it on this afternoon, everything works fine, except the OS menu has changed from green to purple. I've ran games and video files in it, and they look exactly as they did before, and there's no bleeding of text/colours on the main menu. I've been through the menus on Ridge Racer and the system menu and neither seem to have any sort of skinning feature that could have been changed to cause this. I've also searched the net, and I can't see anybody else mentioning this. I've also reset the PSP to factory default and checked for any updates that could have somehow happened, and the system menu still recognises the bios as 1.50.

Has anybody else seen this before, or have any idea of what may have caused. I'm really just wondering if this is a sign that my PSP could be deffective in some way.

Thanks in Advance.

Sparky

EDIT: OK, just in case this has happened to anybody else, I've just had a text on my mobile from one of my mates in China Town. Apparently they change colours dependent on what month it is or something. If your PSP has done this as well, there isn't anything wrong with it, it's just Sony's attempt at being creative. ;)

SoQb0nc5r
June 1st, 2005, 21:29
every month it changes colour, try changing month in ur the time and date settings :P

wraggster
June 1st, 2005, 21:32
ahh so thats why :P

xuphorz
June 1st, 2005, 21:33
Page 89 of the manual.
look at the second hint

Spark
June 1st, 2005, 22:31
My manual is Japanese, I have a pdf of the US one, but I've only really read the basics.

I found out why it had happened just minutes after posting this though, which is why I edited the post just to help anyone else out that this had confused.

ganon
June 1st, 2005, 23:11
this happened to when it turned green but i found out ater it was a month thing

aseddon130
June 1st, 2005, 23:30
if it changes color then it means the PSP is closer to blowing up ... :(

lol - only joking - it changes every month, i aint seen the colour for june yet /me checks ...

we've all had this question answered, for ages it was stressing me out that the colour of my dads PSP was blue and mine was pink, then i found out that his date was set as august (i think) and mine was proper for the time (april i think)... eh well !!!

Cap'n 1time
June 2nd, 2005, 01:10
ah, it seems this monty my psp is getting in touch with its less masculin side.

xuphorz
June 2nd, 2005, 01:11
ah, it seems this monty my psp is getting in touch with its less masculin side.
you think this is bad? one of the months is pure pink

aseddon130
June 2nd, 2005, 02:26
April ... i soooo hid away my PSP that month ....

ganon
June 2nd, 2005, 02:27
I think this months colour is the best out of all of them

Kpow
June 2nd, 2005, 07:21
April ... i soooo hid away my PSP that month ....

You are sooooo right, what a crappy colour, found myself apologising all the time and showing the new colours. :D :D :D

Clare
June 2nd, 2005, 09:11
you think this is bad? one of the months is pure pink

I prefered that one actually :p

shizzle
June 2nd, 2005, 14:21
This colour is much better than that "ikky" green that made me wretch, seriously i hadnt installed some games properlly like the neo geo and it had corrupted data, then i ran it and turned back and it was purple, i crapped my pants lol.