PDA

View Full Version : [Update 3]Final Fan-tasy VII: Last Chapter

wraggster
May 22nd, 2007, 16:44
News/release from kuraudo-sama (http://www.cg-network.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=699) of an update to his Final Fantasy RPG for PSP

+ Better battle system(Still needs work)
+ You can now walk into one house
+ Better menu system
+ Better walking animation.(Not much really)
+ Now worth downloading

--Release Notes--
Wow! I must be crazy or something for releasing this earlier then I wanted, after all those complaints about my game.
But here it is release 3. This must be a new record, because I've never seen a RPG be updated more then twice.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarthPaul
May 22nd, 2007, 17:05
This project is going far! Thanks man,keep it up.

titch.ryan
May 22nd, 2007, 19:10
hmm starting not to like this guy even if he is producing a ff game

Vega
May 22nd, 2007, 19:32

erm.... why?? :confused:

goldensupersonic
May 22nd, 2007, 19:49
Yes, what did I ever do to you?

Buddy4point0
May 22nd, 2007, 20:04
This project is going far! Thanks man,keep it up.

...not really, its not even ready for an alpha relise yet so i dont get why he doesnt wait a little before be relised it to the public, also the way he is doing the battles is terrible and he is going to have to recode the entire battle system if he want u to have more than 1 enemy in the entire game.

jason215
May 22nd, 2007, 20:08
keep it up |im downloading it right now!|

yo guy's you give him a chance he deserve's it
programming a rpg isnt that easy... i know
i've tried and it didnt turn out the way it has supposed to be

goldensupersonic
May 22nd, 2007, 20:47
...not really, its not even ready for an alpha relise yet so i dont get why he doesnt wait a little before be relised it to the public, also the way he is doing the battles is terrible and he is going to have to recode the entire battle system if he want u to have more than 1 enemy in the entire game.

Actually, now this was just to show off that I can do one enemy, which I did do poorly. But it's now quite easy to add 2-3 enemies.

Also the only reason I keep releasing these so early is to show you that I will keep coding this, unlike most RPGs that only get one release. But if I waited 2 weeks I could have added 2 enemies with very advance attacks.

Buddy4point0
May 22nd, 2007, 20:55
Actually, now this was just to show off that I can do one enemy, which I did do poorly. But it's now quite easy to add 2-3 enemies.

Also the only reason I keep releasing these so early is to show you that I will keep coding this, unlike most RPGs that only get one release. But if I waited 2 weeks I could have added 2 enemies with very advance attacks.

i dont mean more than 1 enemy at once, i mean more than 1 enemy in the game. all u did was have a bunch of pictures, u shoudlve loaded the animations for the enemys then blited them with x and y axxis, then changed the animation to attacking then move them. its alot harder but your current system is pointless

goldensupersonic
May 22nd, 2007, 21:19
i dont mean more than 1 enemy at once, i mean more than 1 enemy in the game. all u did was have a bunch of pictures, u shoudlve loaded the animations for the enemys then blited them with x and y axxis, then changed the animation to attacking then move them. its alot harder but your current system is pointless

Right now, that was out of pure laziness. But I'm using timers instead of animlib, so I basicly just through together.

xcjzerox
May 22nd, 2007, 21:20
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solidsnake3000
May 22nd, 2007, 21:21
screens?

Buddy4point0
May 22nd, 2007, 21:29
Right now, that was out of pure laziness. But I'm using timers instead of animlib, so I basicly just through together.

animlib is gay and its just a cheep tool noobz that cant code and are just trying to pass off as coders use.
timers are way better.

screens?

yaustar
May 22nd, 2007, 21:51
animlib is gay and its just a cheep tool noobz that cant code and are just trying to pass off as coders use.
timers are way better.
?
It is a library that can be easily reused in many projects with a good number of features without having the developer recode the animation system every new project.

Anything that saves time and effort is a damn good thing in most developers' opinions.

Cloud_35
May 22nd, 2007, 22:03
That sword is HUGE! Is that the sprite from KH chain of memories?

watupgroupie
May 22nd, 2007, 23:13
?
It is a library that can be easily reused in many projects with a good number of features without having the developer recode the animation system every new project.

Anything that saves time and effort is a damn good thing in most developers' opinions.Ya i'm backing you up there. I'm trying to learn lua right now and found the tool quite useful. And i respect you greatly to you really know your stuff judging by the amount of help and stuff you do at evilmana.

Buddy4point0
May 23rd, 2007, 00:30
ok well sorry, i gess ill reword my statement.

i dont like animlib but it is a great tool for noobz and experienced coders alike. although it does have great features, i prefer to use timers and make my own.

sorry for saying it was gay, it is clearly not :)

BelmontSlayer
May 23rd, 2007, 02:42

goldensupersonic: Ignore that dumb troll. He's one of those idiots that thinks "OMGz!!1 Teh gaem isntt made by Sqaure-Enixx!!11 Its teh suxxors". Program a game is no easy task, I've been programming apps in VB.NET for several years. Your game seems to be coming along great and I look forward to the next release! :thumbup:

goldensupersonic
May 23rd, 2007, 06:35
goldensupersonic: Ignore that dumb troll. He's one of those idiots that thinks "OMGz!!1 Teh gaem isntt made by Sqaure-Enixx!!11 Its teh suxxors". Program a game is no easy task, I've been programming apps in VB.NET for several years. Your game seems to be coming along great and I look forward to the next release! :thumbup:

Ah, you've been coding for several years. I just started learning my first language, lua. So the rode to making this game has not been an easy one, and when I first tried to make hello world I failed. But when I finally got it to work I was all like yeah! I'm da s***. Compare your life to mine then kill yourself! But I just didn't say it. but I sure felt that way.

ok well sorry, i gess ill reword my statement.

i dont like animlib but it is a great tool for noobz and experienced coders alike. although it does have great features, i prefer to use timers and make my own.

sorry for saying it was gay, it is clearly not :)

It's not so much that it's for noobs, as it is if you make a simple game like pinball. Like in a pinball game you would use it so when the ball hits a certain area, it will shine up, and instead of doing all those timers, you could just use a animlib.

However! If you make a big long complexed game, like my rpg, you would need to use timers. Thats part of the reason(as you commented on earlier) why my RPG was faulty in the battles. The reason why I did that(put all of the animations frame by frame) is because I was using animlib before. Because with animlib you load all your images into one load, and then call it out. But with timers you call out what happens ever millisecond, so you could make 2-infinity happen. Like you can make it blit 3 images at a time, and then blit one of the images in a different place on the screen. But with animlib you can only blit 1 animation in the same place, which is why my second release you had to press X whenever an animation happens. But if you read that all you should give yourself a pat on the back, because that was a lot. But anyway, my point is it's good for small games, experienced or noob.

titch.ryan
May 23rd, 2007, 08:46
erm.... why?? :confused:

to do with what he said

-Release Notes--
Wow! I must be crazy or something for releasing this earlier then I wanted, after all those complaints about my game.
But here it is release 3. This must be a new record, because I've never seen a RPG be updated more then twice.

sounding quite arrogant. he shouldnt even be releasing this yet. theres no point until hes has done alot more work on it!

Gold Line
May 23rd, 2007, 08:51
this game looks cool!

EDIT:dude the backgrounds suck! try using some sprites :)

goldensupersonic
May 23rd, 2007, 20:05
sounding quite arrogant. he shouldnt even be releasing this yet. theres no point until hes has done alot more work on it!

I'm sorry if I seemed arrogant, all I ment was that most RPGs never get finished on the PSP. Thats what the real purpose of all these crappy releases where for.

maxipower90
June 13th, 2007, 19:09
great sprites and stuff, been playing it a while now, plz make more

h4s30
June 19th, 2007, 02:17
how cute lol we have a ff7 fan good job and yes you should be proud you have more releases than most homebrew rpg's

go timers and animlib!!!!! they're all great weapons in a coder's arsenal

maxipower90
July 1st, 2007, 03:01
i liked version 2 better as the battle system has gotten worse, and it still freezes at the end

Buddy4point0
July 1st, 2007, 09:28
i liked version 2 better as the battle system has gotten worse, and it still freezes at the end

code wise, the battle system has gotten way better.
and he is not working on this anymore. he told me on msn.

maxipower90
July 5th, 2007, 01:39
look dude, im loving how this is coming.

Omega weapon
July 6th, 2007, 20:35
im not a big fan of homebrew games but i might take a look into this one:D

maxipower90
July 8th, 2007, 05:29
im not a big fan of homebrew games but i might take a look into this one:D

adrian what smack are u talking, "im not into homebrew games", i only downgraded ur PSP last week, i doubt uve even seen a homebrew game, either ur talking smack or you work fast :rofl:

parkermauney
July 8th, 2007, 06:54
He's probably only played roms/psx games/ ..... isos???

Briggzy11
July 9th, 2007, 03:19
This project I like very much :)

maxipower90
July 13th, 2007, 04:50
He's probably only played roms/psx games/ ..... isos???

hes only played what i put on his PSP, which was a snes emu, a gba emu and ff9 disc 1.

jxx2005
August 3rd, 2007, 15:10
nm i got it

maxipower90
August 8th, 2007, 11:27
dude what firmware are u, do you have custom firmware?

SecretAsianMan
August 12th, 2007, 19:18
I'm on fw 3.52 M33. how do i go about getting this game on my psp??

I put it in the GAME352 folder. starts but ends up saying "Game could not be started (80020148)". Put it in GAME folder. same thing. Help Please.

jxx2005
August 13th, 2007, 14:40
I'm on fw 3.52 M33. how do i go about getting this game on my psp??

I put it in the GAME352 folder. starts but ends up saying "Game could not be started (80020148)". Put it in GAME folder. same thing. Help Please.

put it in GAME150

SecretAsianMan
August 14th, 2007, 00:59
Thanks alot man. I was really scratching my head over that.

DeadlySin15
October 19th, 2007, 18:16
hey man the game couldn't be started

Stingraygreat
August 13th, 2008, 02:20
umm, wow thanks

Attila
January 15th, 2009, 21:42
Great....

jerhmia
September 14th, 2009, 04:34
i will try to play, keep it up guys, tnx!

tisa'ryu
May 11th, 2012, 22:55
Where's the dl link?

kiritoxo
September 13th, 2013, 19:49
how do i download this?

jairoxtremer
July 1st, 2014, 14:51
wheres the link for downloading?