PDA

View Full Version : Red Steel 2 online?

wraggster
May 22nd, 2007, 23:15
It was a previous job posting back in November last year that revealed that a Red Steel sequel was on the way, and another vacancy ad seems to suggest that the expected Red Steel 2 will support online functionality.

A new Ubisoft job post on Gamasutra advertises for an online programmer to "develop the online part of a game engine for a Wii project ... located in [Ubisoft's] Production Studio in Paris, where Red Steel and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter games have been developed".

With Nintendo flicking the 'on' switch on Wii's online multiplayer servers this Friday to coincide with the online-compatible Mario Strikers Charged Football, we'd fully expect the next Red Steel to pack an online multiplayer mode anyway. It would be a crime not to include one.

We're chasing Ubisoft and will let you know if we get anything juicy.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=164523)

mastersho
May 22nd, 2007, 23:18
Do you know what this means?!?!?!?! Online swordfights!!!! I can't wait!!!!

ICE
May 22nd, 2007, 23:22
Do you know what this means?!?!?!?! Online swordfights!!!! I can't wait!!!!

bleh.. i can..

Shadowblind
May 22nd, 2007, 23:29
I couldn't really stand the Swordfights, but the gun battling will be awesome! :D Anyone know how we're gonna communicate to others over the internet?

Basil Zero
May 23rd, 2007, 05:21
holy smokes, i am so gonna get this game woot

lexluthor
May 23rd, 2007, 11:16
Hopefully they go with a 1st person system more similar to the new Metriod.

Mr_Squirt
May 23rd, 2007, 13:04
I couldn't really stand the Swordfights, but the gun battling will be awesome! :D Anyone know how we're gonna communicate to others over the internet?

Yea the swordfighting sucked really, was fun for the first 2 battles or so then it just got tiresome.

As for communication, i would assume they'd develop some sort of headset or something considering they are introducing a microphone periphera at some pointl.

Will be nice to see how this pans out.