PDA

View Full Version : Looking for coder =good opertunity=

dark heart
May 23rd, 2007, 09:11
hi! I'm working on my own medieval type action game, and i need some help, i can only model, and i don't want to worry about coding.

I'm pretty sure this needs to be coded in one of those 'c' languages, so if your up for a challenge, and a rewarding outcome you can help me with this.
i have already started working on the characters, here are they're screen shots just so you know that i'm not waisting you time.

this has potential to be a really cool homebrew, i just need to convince someone it's a good idea:)

parkermauney
May 23rd, 2007, 12:18
Many people would be willing to help, but it would be VERY hard to build an entire 3d game from the ground up.

titch.ryan
May 23rd, 2007, 12:23
if i knew how to do stuff like this in lua i'd help.

splodger15
May 23rd, 2007, 19:31
^ ^
He wants the game in C

Dark Heart why dont you just learn the language yourself then once it is completed you can call it your own game as you had done it yourself.

You are going to need to find a good C coder to code that

dark heart
May 24th, 2007, 02:41
no way in hell I'm gonna learn to code, besides, I'm good enough at media, and i need to be working on that. i need someone else to do the coding, someone who already knows the basics of coding.

and, it shouldn't be too hard if we use one of those psp engines.

also, i'm partly doing this so that when i get a job in media this looks good on my resume----did i spell that right?
and, if your a coder it'd look good with you :D

but look, i don't know that much about coding, i can't tell the difference between lua and c, aside from the fact that lua is easier, if you can convince me that lua will also work as well, you can join :)

Shadowblind
May 24th, 2007, 02:55
no way in hell I'm gonna learn to code, besides, I'm good enough at media, and i need to be working on that. i need someone else to do the coding, someone who already knows the basics of coding.

also, i'm partly doing this so that when i get a job in media this looks good on my resume----did i spell that right?
and, if your a coder it'd look good with you :D

but look, i don't know that much about coding, i can't tell the difference between lua and c, aside from the fact that lua is easier, if you can convince me that lua will also work as well, you can join :)

Hmm... a 3D engine would almost be extremely hard to impossible(to my knowledge) in C, and utterly impossible in LUA. Do you know of an engine for the computer to run the characters? If you do maybe you should create a computer version first, then after a while try to assemble a team of coders.

But first things first. Nothing comes fast, ya know? :)
Try to make at least a clone of the game you want to create pn the computer.

splodger15
May 24th, 2007, 09:26
Hmm... a 3D engine would almost be extremely hard to impossible(to my knowledge) in C, and utterly impossible in LUA.

It would be possible in C although it will take some time it wont just be a 1 week job. You are correct on the Lua side

Ghoti
May 24th, 2007, 23:07
Funny to see, I am also busy with medieval/fantasy 3D adventure rpg. I'm making the 3D engine from scratch and I must say it is not impossible, however i must also say, i have not gotten skinned meshes to work as of yet but I will succeed in it eventually.:thumbup:

However if you have never programmed in C or C++ it will be a very difficult to impossible job to make it on your own and before the PSP2 will be released ;) I guess so finding a coder will be the better choice for you IMHO.

Anyway I hope you find someone.

Buddy4point0
May 24th, 2007, 23:59
ghoti, if your already making a medieval rpg why dony u work with him?

acn010
May 25th, 2007, 00:10
look for an open source 3d engine

BlackShark
May 25th, 2007, 01:43
[QUOTE=dark heart]no way in hell I'm gonna learn to code, besides, I'm good enough at media, and i need to be working on that. i need someone else to do the coding, someone who already knows the basics of coding.
[\QUOTE]

It would be impossable for some one to code this who "just knows the basics".

[QUOTE=dark heart]
[\QUOTE]

eh, no, it will still be quite difficult, if you manage to get an experienced programer to help you, then maybe this can be built, but with out that, no, this would be impossable.

factor remix
May 25th, 2007, 02:19
I LOVE the idea, but its NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to do this in c/c++, for someone who know just the basic...

Ghoti
May 25th, 2007, 09:54
hi, well because i am allready busy with a game for the NEO summer compo, and i am in my final year of my masters and i have a job so not much free time on my hands anymore :(

dark heart
May 27th, 2007, 07:14
where the hell do you look for coders??

parkermauney
May 27th, 2007, 07:22
Check around on other psp forums. Buddy4Point0 seems to know alot.

splodger15
May 27th, 2007, 10:58
You are probaly best off coding yourself as it will be hard to find a coder

yaustar
May 27th, 2007, 11:49
where the hell do you look for coders??
Talk to or PM SG57, Bronx (aka Bronxbomber) or Grimfate on PSP Updates (QJ). All have previous experience with 3D programming and model (MD2) loading. Don't bother looking for anyone else. Others that are good enough are busy on their own projects or just plain busy. The reminder are just not good enough for many reasons.

Cloudhunter
May 27th, 2007, 13:57
You always seem to be trying to coordinate projects...

Rather than starting your own, I'd join an existing project.

Cloudy

dark heart
May 28th, 2007, 07:11
thanks yaustar!

sg57
May 29th, 2007, 01:41
The best way I see this being made is if you used a pre-existing 3D engine for the PSP.

I, for one, am just getting into using LTE 3D render engine and have gotten thus far

http://jordansg57.googlepages.com/screen.JPG

So far, you can move around in Hyrule field with a non-firing (yet) loaded Fairy Bow and Arrow (shown) :o . I have to discontinue development until I get permission from the Hyrule Field model author if I can use it. Ive only been using LTE for about 3 weeks now, so Ive still got alot to learn. While im still waiting for hte answer to my email about the hyrule field map model, Im willing to look at what you have planned for this. And you, being the modeler, can make the weapons, map, etc. as you see them fit in your mind.

You can reach me on MSN at

JordanSg57<at>hotmail.com

Shadowblind
May 29th, 2007, 02:20
Dont mind me, but that looks EXACTLY like the custom map for Halo CE, from the bow to Lon Lon ranch... :confused:

fatcat04912
May 29th, 2007, 03:00
you should use a older open source quake engine its called dark sumthing i dont quite remember but anyways i am amazing a graphics/skining so if you need any help let me know

dark heart
May 29th, 2007, 07:44
EXCELLENT, if you help me with this I'll make you some kick ass Zelda characters, and other things from Zelda that you would want to steer clear of copy right infringement. if you want to talk about my idea on msn,
you will have to go on ether early or late if you live in Europe.

EDIT-fatcat; hi, yer more help with media would be appreciated.
my msn is [email protected] same deal with you, if you live in Euro, log in early
or late.

rich_27
May 29th, 2007, 15:19
looks really good i would like to see how this progresses, although i am no good at coding or anything. wil u be posting on your blog about it dark heart?

dark heart
May 30th, 2007, 07:39
of course, when i make my first release.
that might be an IF, we will see. ;)
hey fatcat, i need your msn address

fatcat04912
May 31st, 2007, 03:16
sorry man i dont go to forums very often
my adresses are as followed

1. yahoo - [email protected]
2. aim- fatcat0491

fatcat04912
May 31st, 2007, 03:17
sorry man i dont go to forums very often
my addresses are as followed