PDA

View Full Version : Tokio

wraggster
May 23rd, 2007, 21:06
New game release from thejolz (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=9&post_id=18926#forumpost18926)

Hello!

This is my first game, enjoy it!
PALIB make it easier !! thanks
I donīt have very time...and a lot of code to do... maybe someday...this is my last version

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
May 23rd, 2007, 22:28
ok so its your first game, but what is it

TeenDev
May 24th, 2007, 03:19
its like those old arcade games with the tanks and and the planes shooting at... its basically a Shoot em up

Echo1
May 24th, 2007, 08:35
Another none-R4DS game. :(

Payk
May 24th, 2007, 12:37
One thing Echo1:
It is well known that slot1 flashcards can't use gba-filesystems nor play gba games at all.
This has nothing to do with R4. It has to do with all slot1 cards. So please don't cry, it's not their fault. It is yours, for informing your self not enough.

Slot2 would have played it (beside some neocards or gbamp) and it would have played all other stuff too.
But you still choosed a slot1 card, for some reason which I can't see right now.
Maybe because it fits perfectly (what some slot2 cards do too) or maybe because you are a lazy pirate who doesn't like patching 'backups'. In that case you may not deserve it to play.

Anyway, the game is very cool. Good work dude ;)

Echo1
May 24th, 2007, 14:12
"Choosed"? It's "chose" actually.

How the hell am I meant to know certain homebrew games are only meant for slot2 devices? And how the hell does that make me a lazy pirate.

Pirates who spend a fortune on their hardware to to play backups are idiots. I paid under Ģ23 for my R4DS with a 1gig Jap Kingdom SD card. I think I was rather smart in that respect...

Oh, I use DLDI to patch everything that comes from the homebrew scene - if it needs it or not. :D

TeenDev
May 24th, 2007, 22:03
Payk: This game runs on GBAMP if you were implying that it used PAFS or GBFS.

Echo1: Patching non-FAT or non-DLDI homebrew will currupt the program. A possible reason for stuff not working on your R4 is that fact that you are patching it.

Echo1
May 25th, 2007, 00:45
Obviously the stuff that isn't patchable doesn't get patched. The slot1 device is still new, I guess (as a singular solution). I wasn't complaining, it's just a shame that I can't play all the new homebrew stuff. What we R4 users do get (well, some of it, anyways) is great. :)

DanTheManMS
May 25th, 2007, 00:53
I don't see why it wouldn't work on an R4. Like TeenDev said, it doesn't use any filesystem whatsoever, and it launches on the GBAMP, so in theory it should launch fine on an R4 without any patching.

What exactly happens when you try to launch it?

Echo1
May 25th, 2007, 01:21
It loads up the "palib" screen, allows me to press "A" then goes to the title screen. I can't do anything after that. No touch screen control, button presses, nothing. It doesn't freeze as the side graphics scroll up still.

I have put a fresh (untouched) version of the game on my DS (removing the previous version). Still the same outcome.

DanTheManMS
May 25th, 2007, 02:39
Once you reach that screen, you need to press a button on the touchscreen. I know that older versions of PAlib produced games that did not have touchscreen functionality when used on an R4, but the issue has been fixed. My guess is that he is using the old version, and that a recompile with the updated version will fix it.