PDA

View Full Version : PSP firmware version 3.50 Soon

wraggster
May 23rd, 2007, 21:19
Over at the Sony Press release page comes details of whats new for the upcoming firmware release:

2. Use of Remote Play requires a powered up PS3 with Version 1.80 as well as PSP firmware version 3.50 which will be available at the end of May.

Lets hope theres more goodies than that

Shrygue
May 23rd, 2007, 21:22
Me too and when it comes out, I bet Dark_Alex would come with custom firmware 3.50 OE. That would be ace!

PLZKLLME0080
May 23rd, 2007, 21:23
lookin forward to an OE release of this :thumbup:

Solidsnake3000
May 23rd, 2007, 21:29
man sony needs like an fw that can do alot of things like transfer videos using wifi or some thing

Sonicboy 101
May 23rd, 2007, 21:29
lookin forward to an OE release of this :thumbup:

Me too :)

blackrave
May 23rd, 2007, 21:31
Read all about it here (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64037). It makes Remote Play possible through the Internet.

shaney2k
May 23rd, 2007, 21:32
any news on any more up to date downgraders?

blackrave
May 23rd, 2007, 22:22
Not that I've heard of, unfortunately. You'll just have to wait for an exploit to show up. Perhaps in firmware 3.50 ...? ;)

Buddy4point0
May 23rd, 2007, 22:25
... just more crap to try to make us upgrade.
GIVE UP SONY

pt9087
May 23rd, 2007, 22:54
3.50 OE sounds good!

DarthPaul
May 23rd, 2007, 22:56
Finally we'll hear of Dark_Alex,and hopefully Firmware 3.50 OE-A Coming May/June!

Cokemusic
May 23rd, 2007, 23:01
I'm getting a telepathic signal in relation to this new firmware release , Something about an O-E?? I can't exactly put my finger on what it means though.

Sony's getting increasingly limited with the amount that they can put on the firmwares it will definentley be an issue in the near future.

pspforme!!
May 23rd, 2007, 23:10
man sony needs like an fw that can do alot of things like transfer videos using wifi or some thing

I agree. Although Irshell can do that, it would be cool if sony implemented more ad-hoc/wifi transfer into their fiwares.

TCLCloud
May 23rd, 2007, 23:14
Its true that this is anyother pointless update, unless it has VOIP

HumanIce
May 23rd, 2007, 23:17
hope there will be more extras in this firmware (like the remote and thing that came on firmware 3.30 i think..)

wolfpack
May 23rd, 2007, 23:24
only a matter of time before 3.50 OE comes out then

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
May 23rd, 2007, 23:25
Dark_Alex comes to the rescue again........btw does Dark_AleX still have no psp?

Cloudhunter
May 23rd, 2007, 23:32
Dark_Alex comes to the rescue again........btw does Dark_AleX still have no psp?

Nah, he'll have one by now, I'm sure of it.

Well, if the OE comes great :) Let's hope there are more features.

Cloudy

Lodis
May 23rd, 2007, 23:39
Unless this 3.50 firmware has significant extra features , games require it and the Psx emulator has been improved then I dont see why Dark Alex should create a 3.50 OE.

Basil Zero
May 24th, 2007, 00:08
same here, cant wait for a 3.50 OE-A.

Got to admit, DA must be pressured at this, I mean so many people depending on the guy and all.

IM back!
May 24th, 2007, 00:14
I wonder what els 3.5 oe brings

burrito
May 24th, 2007, 00:17
This sounds useless...
I don't have a ps3.

mikebeaver
May 24th, 2007, 00:26
Well, I dont think there will be much need unless you require the latest improvements from the sony firmware, but as usual I will be updating to custom firmware if and when it comes.
Props to D_A for all his hard work, but we must not always expect him to bring us a new version of his firmware with every new sony release, itīs not always neccessary.
Mike..

Veskgar
May 24th, 2007, 00:27
Unless this 3.50 firmware has significant extra features , games require it and the Psx emulator has been improved then I dont see why Dark Alex should create a 3.50 OE.

Exactly, Dark_AleX usually only turns firmwares to OE versions if they offer significant advances in regards to homebrew or how the majority use there PSP.

Since this is something to do with remote play on the PS3 and most people don't yet have a PS3 (myself included) I don't know if Dark_AleX will bother.

Its actually a good strategy because if every minor firmware update gets decrypted and turned into an OE, it gives SONY more opportunities to try and make their firmware harder to decrypt.

I'd rather wait for the major updates that include increased POPS compatibility, more PSP features, and better functionality.

But with all that said, I would not argue with a new OE firmware. Dark_AleX always delivers with his OE versions.

PS. What about that rumor a couple weeks ago about SONY shipping DOWNGRADE PROOF PSP's and a new firmware for download to go along with it?

Was that just a rumor? Or was SONY merely talking about PSP's with 3.10+ pre-installed? And is that that firmware that will be "downgrade proof"?

Buddy4point0
May 24th, 2007, 01:17
yea i dont think he will, as it sounds like its only to make u upgrade and for the ps3 (witch i dont have)

parkermauney
May 24th, 2007, 02:02
Well, he made 3.40 OE from 3.30 oe, and there were nearly no improvements in 3.40 from 3.30.

jmendes
May 24th, 2007, 02:41
another useless update

Solidsnake3000
May 24th, 2007, 03:28
Well, he made 3.40 OE from 3.30 oe, and there were nearly no improvements in 3.40 from 3.30.

i know but anyways i mean now a game actually requires yo to have 3.40 (bleach heat of soul 4) i know its askin to much of D.A to make cfw every time they comeout but i understand wen there is no point to upgrade thats why he didnt make 3.11 but if a game comes out and we cant play it we're screwed :(

mfz64
May 24th, 2007, 03:31
lame

steve520
May 24th, 2007, 03:34
Sony..............Pathetic

Veskgar
May 24th, 2007, 03:38

There were quite a few additions to 3.40 actually. The ones I wanted to utilize most were the changes in the POPS PSX emulator.

You know, there are actually PSX games that only started working on the PSP with the latest 3.40 firmware update.

So 3.40 was a BIG improvement if you ask me.

Just my 2 cents...

Zin0099
May 24th, 2007, 07:50
guess i'm screwed when it comes to homebrew on my psp so i'll just have update i really love to have dark alex fw but need that new modchip to do it but i don't know anything in soddering

parkermauney
May 24th, 2007, 15:34
OK. Then maybe Hot Wheels Turbo racing will work on 3.50 OE! :D

Cloudhunter
May 24th, 2007, 15:50
Sony..............Pathetic

You do understand that isn't the only features? That was just a quick update.

Cloudy

cnewhall
May 24th, 2007, 17:22
Hmm...Remote Play (for the PS3 I can't afford) or homebrew, emulation, customization and easy pirating...Hard choice...HAH

Triv1um
May 24th, 2007, 17:25
easy pirating...Hard choice...HAH

you're the sort of noob that makes the scene look bad....

anyway, this should be hacked quick enough.

NoQuarter
May 24th, 2007, 17:31
I hope we can get an OE version of this.I use remote play around the house alot and would love to use my ps3 browser instead of the slow psp one when I'm out and about.I've just updated the ps3,did any of you guys notice that the ps3 requires the update to play online?!Resistance made me upgrade the ps3 before I could play online again!!
Maybe dark alex can come up with a way to play psx rips on the ps3 using the new eboots that will be able to play on the ps3 and psp.

cnewhall
May 24th, 2007, 19:36
you're the sort of noob that makes the scene look bad....

anyway, this should be hacked quick enough.

First of all, I've been using homebrew on my PSP for well over a year and a half now. I have a pretty good understanding about what I'm doing when it comes to messing with the flash memory. So noob is a little harsh. I've been coming to this site forever. I just didn't participate in the forum.

And second, Mr. Morals, don't people like you have a commandment that tells you to not judge lest ye be judged yourself? (Please, nobody take that the wrong way. I'm not refering to any religious or moral person. I believe that religion can be a good thing. I'm specifically talking about hardcore moral people that think poorly about others that aren't like them [who, the majority of the time, are religious].)

You act like the majority of people who downgrade their PSP's are doing it JUST so they can use homebrew. Judging from how big the PSP/PS1 iso communities are that may not be the case. And don't tell me you've never downloaded an mp3...that's just as wrong.

It's hypocritical people, like you, that like to point out other people's flaws that makes the world look bad.

Plus anyway, if I like a game enough (I would say it has got to be one of my top 10 or 15 favorite PSP games) I will buy it to support the development studio. The only exception I make is if it's unplayable on UMD but works fine on a memory stick (The Sims 2. Loading times made it not fun to play on UMD but were almost non-existent running it from my memory stick with my PSP overclocked to 333mhz).

Ultima Chocochu
May 27th, 2007, 18:24
... just more crap to try to make us upgrade.
GIVE UP SONY

Pretty much, MAYBE some stuff will work better
But it might just be another pointless Update.

Hmm...Remote Play (for the PS3 I can't afford) or homebrew, emulation, customization and easy pirating...Hard choice...HAH

Uuh, you could just wait for D_A to come out with 3.50 OE y'know?
Plus you would be able to play newer PSP games...
Course that doesn't matter to me, till Silent Hill Origins XD

Vega
May 27th, 2007, 21:54
Same arguements... different thread. Chill out for a sec.

Time for DAX to earn his wage again! Go on son!

Redbeard46
May 28th, 2007, 23:43
Same arguements... different thread. Chill out for a sec.

Time for DAX to earn his wage again! Go on son!

Considering DA doesn't GET ANYTHING out of all this, except thanks, I don't think thats an appropriate comment.

Maybe it's time for some people to just shut thier ****ing Yaps, and learn patience.

:mad: