PDA

View Full Version : Aussie PSP Price Drop

kcajblue
May 24th, 2007, 07:30
via IGN (http://psp.ign.com/articles/791/791458p1.html),

Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today announced a price drop for the PSP to $279.95 RRP, effective immediately. This is good news for a system in need of a boost, and alongside some strong recent releases such as Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (which is in stores today) should see strong sales. It also brings the system into line with other territories - both the US and UK have seen recent price drops for the system.

That's not the only exciting news for Aussie gamers, as SCE Australia has also confirmed that the Go!Cam camera adapter will go on sale in Australia on the 21st of June for $79.95 RRP. What's Go!Cam? Well, aside from being a rallying cry for yours truly (sorry, couldn't resist), it's also a camera attachment that snaps on via the mini-USB port on the top of your PSP. The camera rotates 180 degrees, allowing you to use the screen as a viewfinder, whether you're taking a photo of yourself or filming a video. Images are snapped at a resolution of 1.3 megapixels, which is a little disappointing considering that 2mp is pretty much standard issue for most phones these days. Nonetheless, if you have a 4GB Memory Stick, you'll be able to store 40,000 photos, or two and a half hours of video, and the built-in mic ensures continuous audio. Go!Cam will ship with Go!Edit, an editing suite which allows users to tweak movies and photos with sounds and graphical effects, as well as upload finished media directly onto the internet.

bah
May 24th, 2007, 11:05
They have been $299 or so retail with a game included for a while now.

Still nice to see Aus getting the official price drop like everywhere else though.

HumanIce
May 24th, 2007, 14:50
wooww chill on making new topics, you just made 13 topics this morning o_o (hope he aint a bot..)
and they all say "via ign" stuff.. i check for news at ign myself, and on gamespot.. we dont need topics for that o_O

kcajblue
May 24th, 2007, 15:25
lol. the only reason i posted the news was because it wasnt posted yet. usually when i try to post news, im too late and its already posted.
and no im not a bot.

Gold Line
May 24th, 2007, 15:27
kcajbot :p

anyway i love the sound of that psp price drop

Buddy4point0
May 24th, 2007, 16:19
i dont live there but im sure they are happy