PDA

View Full Version : Jackass is Official

kcajblue
May 24th, 2007, 07:16
via IGN (http://ds.ign.com/articles/791/791450p1.html),

It was floating around retailer pre-order lists for ages and even had its own website, but after more than a year of silence, Red Mile Entertainment has finally announced that Jackass: The Game is coming to PS2, PSP and Nintendo DS this fall.

Sidhe Interactive (GripShift) is handling production duties on both Sony platform versions, while Sensory Sweep Studios (Marvel Nemesis, Justice League Heroes) develops the DS edition.

Classified as a "mission-based action/ adventure," Jackass takes its inspiration from the MTV television series and allows players to try out 35 different scenarios with digital incarnations of Steve-O, Johnny Knoxville, and the rest of the cast. However, word on the street is that Bam Margera didn't make the cut.

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/791/791449/jackass-the-game-20070523055758012-000.jpg
Awesome in the making? (PSP Shot)

So far, Red Mile has revealed two of the 35 scenarios -- avoiding traffic on the streets of San Francisco while in a garbage can and invading a country club with your golf cart in an effort to destroy every object you can find. "Detailed rag doll modeling, dynamic physics and stunts that are never the same" are among the reported features.

Red Mile has also confirmed that the PSP version of the game will boast multiple extras including unlockable footage from the TV show, a "save replay" feature, and the ability to trade clips wirelessly with other PSP users. There's no word yet on what (if any) system-specific features will be included in the other versions.

The first official screens of Jackass: The Game are available in the gallery below.

Mr_Biggs
May 24th, 2007, 19:01
the ds version better take full advantage of the available 128 MB rom size. i wanna hear every foulity from every jackass in the game. it's a shame mr. margera didnt make the cut, i'd love to peg that little bitch in the ballsack.

Buddy4point0
May 24th, 2007, 20:36
the movies were great, but i doubt the game is gonna be very good

Adrenalin
May 25th, 2007, 06:51
Buddy4point0 - agrees, but we can hope.

Veskgar
May 25th, 2007, 16:28
I think this should be more appropriately titled:

You're a Jackass if you buy this game...

I mean seriously, do people really expect this to be a good game.

I guess I shouldn't judge a "book by the cover" so to speak but I'm not putting much hope into this one.

Buddy4point0
May 25th, 2007, 19:00
yea expecially the ds version. its gonna suck even worse then the psp verison, becuase the game is prolly gonna be way different