PDA

View Full Version : How do I compile my own mapThis?

atari800
May 24th, 2007, 18:35
I am using src from MapThis0497_beta
I have Cygwin installed
and psptoolchain installed
also zlib and some other things (used a LUA setup as a road map for installation)

However......
When I run make - this occurs:
=====
Administrator@hal9000 ~/src
$ make
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEG
U -DNDEBUG -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -L. -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -specs=/us
r/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/prxspecs -Wl,-q,-T/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/linkf
ile.prx -mno-crt0 -nostartfiles main.o graphics.o font.o utils.o attractions.o
nmeap01.o danzeff.o NavigateCalculations.o sceUsbGps.o geo-client.o /usr/local/p
spdev/psp/sdk/lib/prxexports.o -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower
-lpspusb -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lpspdebug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -
lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lc -lpspnet -lpspnet_inet -lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -l
psputility -lpspuser -lpspkernel -o mapViewer.elf
/usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.1.0/../../../../psp/lib/libc.a(lib_a-timer.o): I
n function `_times_r':
../../../../../newlib/libc/reent/timer.c:64: undefined reference to `_times'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mapViewer.elf] Error 1
=====

If I use mapView_03 source_code - I can compile
*with warnings

am I missing something?

atari800
May 25th, 2007, 06:16
come on folks
are you saying no one wanted to see how this is done?

this is pretty cool

atari800
May 25th, 2007, 20:26
Anyone have info on how to set up cygwin to compile mapthis?
(bump)

An0nJ0hn
May 25th, 2007, 20:46
come on folks
are you saying no one wanted to see how this is done?

this is pretty cool

Absolute noob question here.... What does compile your own Map This! mean? I'm sorry but I know very little about computers/programming. Good luck, by the way. I hope you're successful.

atari800
May 25th, 2007, 22:11
Bah - no such thing as a bad question but....
Download and extract Mapthis (the gps program for the psp)
In there you will see several directories:
05/04/2007 04:21 PM <DIR> .
05/04/2007 04:21 PM <DIR> ..
03/23/2007 04:01 PM <DIR> HOLUX_EBOOT
05/04/2007 04:25 PM <DIR> HOLUX_KXPLOIT
05/04/2007 04:21 PM <DIR> PSP-290_EBOOT
05/04/2007 04:24 PM <DIR> russian__language_pack
05/04/2007 04:23 PM <DIR> src
05/04/2007 04:20 PM <DIR> system
0 File(s) 0 bytes

The "src" directory is the source code for making "Mapthis"

It requires specific working environment to compile this to place on the PSP

I thought I set up my environment correctly but I get errors when I compile

So I am asking for help on how to setup the correct environment

atari800
May 26th, 2007, 07:21
{bump}
please tell me the trick

Nieko
June 9th, 2007, 13:43
Since you released an unofficial version of MapThis, it seems you got it working :) Can you tell how you did it?

I've been trying too myself, but so far I haven't got it working.

I first installed the PSP toolchain from http://dev.oopo.net/files/psptoolchain-20070606.tar.bz2. This partially failed to install insight-6.4, but other than that it worked fine.

Then I installed PSPSDK from http://ps2dev.org/psp/Projects/PSPSDK/PSPSDK_1.0+beta2_(Source).download. `make` complained about two functions already being defined, so I removed those from src/libc/stdlib.c, and then that worked fine too.

However, MapThis still didn't want to compile. First it couldn't find zlib.h, and when I symlinked that in /usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include, it gave a bunch of assembly errors :( (Of the kind "/tmp/ccU6P6dq.s:30603: Error: operation combines symbols in different segments".)

Btw., the whole idea to compile my own MapThis is basically the following: in gmdl you can download routes from Google Maps. I've written a tiny PHP script that does just that: http://nieko.net/getroute.php. Now on the PSP, you can access this site, and download the POI file. The browser only wants to save it in a few directories though.

So I had the idea of changing MapThis to also look for POI files in /PSP/COMMON, where the PSP browser can save to. In this way, you could have map specific POIs in the map folders, and one COMMON directory that has POIs available to all maps. You could then download POI files on your PSP directly to this directory.

P.S.: it would of course be even nicer if this were to be built into the official MapThis ;)

vcosmin
June 10th, 2007, 19:33
I am working with a windows version compiler and I think you will be more close with that (note: if you are already using cygwin you must search and rename/delete the cygwin.dll):

The tutorial to install compiler for windows is here:
http://forums.qj.net/archive/index.php/t-99132.html

I didn't succeded to compile the mapthis because of the jpeg svn but I thnik you can solve that problem if you download it.

However, GPSlim works ok compiled with that.

Nieko
June 12th, 2007, 20:03
I didn't succeded to compile the mapthis because of the jpeg svn but I thnik you can solve that problem if you download it.

The JPEG header files are put in c:\pspdev\psp\sdk\inlude, not include. If you move them, compiling works just fine. Thanks :)

However, on the PSP I now get an 80020148 error when compiling MapThis 0.497 Beta. This usually indicates it should be run on 1.50 instead of 3.xx OE, but that didn't help this time... Also, the EBOOT I get is bigger than the original one. Does anyone know where to look?

deniska
June 12th, 2007, 20:40
Try changing makefile - uncomment the appropriate version:
################################################## #################
#PSP-290/USB versionSPECIFIC DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
BUILD_PRX = 1
CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG
LDFLAGS = -mno-crt0 -nostartfiles
LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpspusb -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g

#HOLUX GPSlim236+ version DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
#CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC
#LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsphprm_driver -lpsprtc -lpspvfpu -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio

this would compile the psp-290 version

Nieko
June 13th, 2007, 09:08
Try changing makefile - uncomment the appropriate version:
<snip: makefile>

this would compile the psp-290 version

Sorry, forgot to mention that. The standard makefile from 0.497 Beta has Holux commented out, and compiles PSP-290 (without sound).

Also, I don't see any difference in compiling for PSP-290 and Holux that points to using either FW 1.50 or FW 3.xx OE. Is it then the PSPSDK that decides whether it'll be 1.50 or 3.xx OE compatible?

P.S.: running the EBOOT I compiled in 3.40 OE-A gave the 80020148 error, running it in 1.50 made the PSP freeze at the white screen with PSP logo.

FreewareFire
June 13th, 2007, 14:40
Hi at all!

I'm trying also to compile MapThis - but i failed a few times.

Has someone an tut on compiling under windows with the pspdevsdk? I've already installed the sdk but there are some libs missed. Can someone please give the correct links for a complete installation?

like: Here you find SDK
Here you find the pnglib
Here you find the zlib

ans so on... the problem is, that so many diff versions are out, that i can't get it working...

i also had cygwin installed, but failed...

someone can maybe explain howto or can upload a file containing all needed files...

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Greets FreewareFire

deniska
June 13th, 2007, 20:52
why not install cygwin (with as many options as you can fit on harddrive) and then build sdk and libs - all available from svn @ ps2dev.org
You'll need libgpeg, libmad on top of lz & lpng

There are a few tutorials here and there on how to install cygwin/ build sdk and start developing...

FreewareFire
June 13th, 2007, 22:22
why not install cygwin (with as many options as you can fit on harddrive) and then build sdk and libs - all available from svn @ ps2dev.org
You'll need libgpeg, libmad on top of lz & lpng

There are a few tutorials here and there on how to install cygwin/ build sdk and start developing...

Thanks for help deniska - thats the problem - i already installed cygwin with all options.

The problems are the libaries...

i can't find libgpeg, lz and lpng --- what have i todo? libmad i got working or better installed, but rest i failed...

Thanks for any help!

@deniska - nice work! you've done a great step for community! Thx for this tool!

Update:

Ok, well, i got it almost working... now, i got an error with version 0.4 - 0.3 does compile... Here's the error:

C:\cygwin/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/build.mak:165 ***multiple target patterns. Stop.

any solutions? Or is there an trick - a commandline parameter? Thank you for help!

FreewareFire
June 14th, 2007, 10:29
Well, now i got these errors:

gpsmessage.cpp: In function 'void start_server(const char*)':
gpsmessage.cpp:275: error: invalid conversion from 'size_t*' to 'socklen_t*'
gpsmessage.cpp:275: error: initializing argument 3 of 'int accept(int, sockaddr*, socklen_t*)'
make: *** [gpsmessage.o] Error 1

any suggestions??? thx!

Nieko
June 14th, 2007, 20:12
So, I fixed it :) It was indeed the makefile that needed adjusting. After I commented out "BUILD_PRX = 1", it compiled just fine, and worked just fine :)

The main thing I noticed is the dramatic reduction in size (from 873.5kB to 708.7kB), but everything seems to work just fine.

FreewareFire
June 17th, 2007, 02:11
Hi there!

Here's an Tut on how to setup your environment...
no cygwin installation needed because everything is compiled...

BUT - READ EVERY STEP - EVERYTHING IS VERY! IMPORTANT!

LINK IS: hxxp://forums.qj.net/archive/index.php/t-99132.html

after setting up all, just copy src folder into a dir you find - for e.g. c:\pspdev\src - be sure you have latest sources - 0.499 of MapThis... hope this helps out - you need around 5 to 10 mins. to get started...

Greets FreewareFire / if link is not allowed, please let me know... then i'll delete it...

atari800
June 17th, 2007, 18:18
Getting this stuff setup took a LONG time
If I remember..
I loaded CYGWIN with every single option
then the PSPtoolkit/SDK

then I tried to compile the software
It errored out a bunch of times and I googled the error and SVN the needed libraries

Pain in the @ss

FreewareFire
June 17th, 2007, 21:37
Yes, it does if u're using Cygwin - with the tut above it just takes 5 to 10 mins. because sdk and libs are precompiled - in setups - just install the 2 installers in a directory (c:\pspdev) and then it works fine... it's more easier than doing it manual... cheers

Codaz
June 19th, 2007, 16:50
All the Mapthis versions that you guys are compiling, what do they bring ?

FreewareFire
June 19th, 2007, 19:15
That's simply to increase development time - if more people work on it, more features maybe realised... *yeeeah*

atari800
June 20th, 2007, 04:14
True...if they had more brilliant people on that team. Do what I do....take the source and work on it and try to do something YOU like. I totally messed up the original source file (and lost features) when trying to add my own stuff. I added speech and ability to read maps backwards...I lost the MARKER MODE and MAP UP if there is no route loaded.
I added sonar pings to next MIDPOINT and total distance (miles to feet as you get closer based on road traveled - not the white line)...this causes a hang if I immediately start Mapthis at the destination point.

I added "watching movies" with directional overlays (no map) for portable entertainment.
..the ability to read ads of a store (like best buy) when I am parked in the parking lot for
..if in front of a convienece store that sells lottery tickets, it calculates that last 52 weeks average of of common winning numbers to choose.

..ok the last three I made up
:thumbup:
/|\

Waltrock
June 20th, 2007, 07:06
small question...

what type of programming-language is this about?

atari800
June 20th, 2007, 11:20
C programming on the PSP

Nylon32
June 20th, 2007, 22:17
Does anyone have any tips for getting the psptoolchain to download and install itself properly I got some automake errors in cygwin which I've now fixed and it now starts to download all the relevant files in to a temp directory but after a few minutes (and as I understand the toolchain should take a long time to set up) it just says there's an error and leaves the downloaded files in the temp directory, any help at all is greatly appreciated

btw, I'm sure that I've set up cygwin up properly so I don't think its the way that I've configured it that's the problem but I can't be sure

Edit:

this is the specific error I get
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4370/errortl9.th.png (http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errortl9.png)

deniska
June 21st, 2007, 05:02
you probably did not install some required cygwin tool... try to install as many options as your disk allows and re-run the toolchain script...

FreewareFire
June 21st, 2007, 09:45
does anyone know a free file hoster that allows files bigger than 300MB??

i compressed my cygwin folder with all libs etc. installed - now i want to upload it for free anywhere - but i don't want to register. So if anyone knows a free file hoster service, let me know about, than i'll upload my folder - tested with latest source of MapThis - works well !

Greets FreewareFire (file is ~350MB)

Nieko
June 21st, 2007, 10:19
I have the same, but a 52.5MB zip version. If I'm allowed to put it online (not exactly sure), then I can put it on my webserver.

The only thing I had to change before compiling MapThis worked, was removing "BUILD_PRX=1" from the Makefile.

Nylon32
June 21st, 2007, 10:20
megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/ are ok for large file handling but you do have to register for a free account, I don't think I've come across anywhere that you wouldn't have to register for a free account before you uploaded a large file

FreewareFire
June 21st, 2007, 10:56
Hi!

Thx for reply - i've a solution for - i'm currently uploading the file - but takes a while... more details following after upload

@Nieko - why not? If you're zip doesn't contain copyright material - like prx files or anything else, there's no problem with - cygwin is for free, psptoochain and sdk also. The libs 2. So there's no problem with. But don't include any other files! no prx or other copyright material. - how did you get the file so small - i've used WinRar and full compression... ~ 350MB

BUILD_PRX=1 have truely to be out comment! else it won't compile!

change in makefile to:

#PSP-290/USB versionSPECIFIC DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
#BUILD_PRX = 1
CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG
LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpspusb -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g
PSP_EBOOT_ICON = ICON00.PNG

#HOLUX GPSlim236+ version DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
#CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC
#LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsphprm_driver -lpsprtc -lpspvfpu -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio
#PSP_EBOOT_ICON = ICON0.PNG

Nieko
June 21st, 2007, 11:24
OK, I just wanted some confirmation :)

I've posted my PSP dev environment here:
http://stuff.nieko.net/pspdev.zip
(Just extract to c:\.)

Don't know why it's so small, I probably don't have so many libraries. But it still works just fine :)

Edit: my pspdev.zip is no longer online, since you can't compile MapThis 0.5 with it.

FreewareFire
June 21st, 2007, 12:30
Thx for your DevEnv. So now, some people maybe start developing. I'm currently uploading and have 54% - if it's finished, we'll let you know about. Cheers

FreewareFire
June 21st, 2007, 14:05
Ok so far, for everyone who doesn't like the bash shell of Cygwin, i attached instruction howto setup Dev-C++ Environment for PSP Developing... ;) It's more comfortable i believe. Before you start, please read the ReadMe inside the file. If you didn't get it working, please let me know. Bye

FreewareFire :thumbup:

ok, finished upload - in7ane add's hopefully an link to file here... so - goodbye - (the file attached in this post is NOT the Cygwin installation! it's just an howto PSP programm with Dev-C++)

in7ane
June 22nd, 2007, 09:39
FreewareFire, you cygwin setup is up on

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/cygwin.rar

Thanks for this!

Nylon32
June 22nd, 2007, 10:00
Thanks for all your help FreewareFire, in7ane and Nieko, I really appreciate it

FreewareFire
June 22nd, 2007, 13:01
@in7ane - no, i don't believe you have to say thank you - i have to say thank you! for your help, your tool and especially we have to thank deniska for his absolutly fantastic mapthis!

@Nylon32 - thx - if i can help, i'll do so! that's why communitys are so great! Have fun!

nikkinguyen
August 10th, 2007, 02:56
Has anyone tried using Linux? I am trying the psptoolchain on FC7. i will let you know know how it goes. And then pspsdk.

nuts720
August 11th, 2007, 20:52
I have a problem to complile pre 0.5

error message is:
nuts@xp-julien ~/projet/src_pre_0.5
$ make
make: *** No rule to make target 'sceUsbGps.o', needed by 'mapViewer.elf. Stop.

can you help me ?

deniska
August 13th, 2007, 02:22
Ups... looks like I missed sceUsbGps.S in 0.5 src code distribution... just get it from any previous 0.46X src code version

nuts720
August 13th, 2007, 17:34
Salut, merci beaucoup ça marche maintenant

Thank you, now it is working

Codaz
August 13th, 2007, 23:05
I hope you don't "forget" it in final version HAHAHA :)

Two thumbs up Deniska, waiting for the 17th !

kexik
August 24th, 2007, 11:21
Hi! I have decided to edit and keep GMDL and MapThis current versions for use with mapy.cz. Iam almost done, but I can't compile PSP-290 version of 0.5 MapThis :'( It comples just fine, but I can't run it on PSP. I use 3.51 kernel. I can run official version of MapThis 0.5. I use pspdevkit release 11. Any ideas? If no, can anybody help me and compile my modified version witch his SDK? Thnks in advance and sorry for long post.

My makefile:

#BUILD_PRX = 1

TARGET = Binary
OBJS = ./main.o ./attractions.o ./danzeff.o ./font.o ./sceUsbGps.o ./geo-client.o ./graphics.o ./mp3player.o ./NavigateCalculations.o ./nmeap01.o ./utils.o

PSP_EBOOT_PIC1 = PIC1.PNG

CFLAGS = -O2 -G0-Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG
LIBS = -lstdc++ -lpspdebug -lpspsdk -lpspwlan -lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lc -lpspnet_inet -lpspnet -lpsphprm_driver -lpsprtc -lpspvfpu -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpspusb -lpsppower -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g
PSP_EBOOT_ICON = ICON0P.PNG

INCDIR =
LIBDIR =

CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

EXTRA_TARGETS = EBOOT.PBP
PSP_EBOOT_TITLE = mapViewer
PSPSDK = $(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path)
include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak

Compile oputput:

psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o main.o main.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o attractions.o attractions.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o danzeff.o danzeff.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o font.o font.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o sceUsbGps.o sceUsbGps.S
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o geo-client.o geo-client.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o graphics.o graphics.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o mp3player.o mp3player.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o NavigateCalculations.o NavigateCalculations.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o nmeap01.o nmeap01.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -c -o utils.o utils.c
psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -L. -LC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -mno-crt0 -nostartfiles main.o attractions.o danzeff.o font.o sceUsbGps.o geo-client.o graphics.o mp3player.o NavigateCalculations.o nmeap01.o utils.o -lstdc++ -lpspdebug -lpspsdk -lpspwlan -lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lc -lpspnet_inet -lpspnet -lpsphprm_driver -lpsprtc -lpspvfpu -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpspusb -lpsppower -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -lpspdebug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -lpspgu -lpspgum -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lc -lpsputility -lpspuser -lpspkernel -o Binary.elf
/cygdrive/c/pspdev/bin/../lib/gcc/psp/4.0.2/../../../../psp/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 0000000008900018
psp-fixup-imports Binary.elf
psp-strip Binary.elf -o strip_Binary.elf
pack-pbp EBOOT.PBP PARAM.SFO ICON0P.PNG \
NULL NULL PIC1.PNG \
NULL strip_Binary.elf NULL
rm -f strip_Binary.elf

deniska
August 24th, 2007, 15:18
it might have something to do with the linker warning that you get...
try reinstalling the toolchain...

Nieko
September 8th, 2007, 20:13
kexix: uncomment BUILD_PRX=1. I had the exact same problem as you, because in 0.497 things wouldn't compile _with_ that directive. Seems for 0.5+, it won't compile _without_.

Btw., I'm using the newest SVN checkout from svn.ps2dev.org (psptoolchain, pspsdk, libs, etc. under Linux).

cydus21
September 9th, 2007, 08:36
/cygdrive/j/PSP/homebrew/mapThis0501/src/main.c:686: undefined reference to `sceSysconCtrlHRPower'
make: *** [mView.elf] Error 1

i can compile 5.0 properly but i'm having this error on 5.01

can someone help me?? i'm not using cygwin just pspdev.. oh by the way i've not tried to edit any thing yet just tried compiling it

thanks!

Nieko
September 9th, 2007, 10:28
Strange, that function is also used in 0.5. Did you (un)comment the proper blocks in the makefile? In 0.5, PSP-290 is the default, in 0.501, generic is.

Otherwise, as always, you could try getting the newest psptoolchain and pspsdk from SVN (svn.ps2dev.org).

cydus21
September 9th, 2007, 16:58
hmm.. i just found out i compiled the 290 on 0.5 and the generic on 0.501

so how do i solve this? i wanna compile the generic instead. and how do i update the psptoolchain and pspsdk? without using cygwin that is.

thanks!

Nieko
September 9th, 2007, 19:54
You should open the makefile (in src), comment all the PSP-290 directives and uncomment the generic directives. You can easily see the difference between the makefile from 0.5 and 0.501 also.

As for updating the psptoolchain and pspsdk, that's easiest if you use an SVN checkout from svn.ps2dev.org.

cydus21
September 10th, 2007, 05:19
hmm still dun work..

psp-gcc -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEB
UG -DGENERIC -c -o main.o main.c
main.c: In function '_sioInit':
main.c(686) : warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceSysconCtrlHRPower'
UG -DGENERIC -c -o graphics.o graphics.c
UG -DGENERIC -c -o font.o font.c
UG -DGENERIC -c -o utils.o utils.c
UG -DGENERIC -c -o attractions.o attractions.c
UG -DGENERIC -c -o nmeap01.o nmeap01.c
UG -DGENERIC -c -o danzeff.o danzeff.c
UG -DGENERIC -c -o NavigateCalculations.o NavigateCalculations.c
UG -DGENERIC -I. -IC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -
DNDEBUG -DGENERIC -c -o sceUsbGps.o sceUsbGps.S
UG -DGENERIC -c -o geo-client.o geo-client.c
UG -DGENERIC -c -o mp3player.o mp3player.c
UG -DGENERIC -L. -LC:/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib main.o graphics.o font.o utils.o att
ractions.o nmeap01.o danzeff.o NavigateCalculations.o sceUsbGps.o geo-client.o m
p3player.o -lpspdebug -lpsphprm_driver -lpsprtc -lpspvfpu -lpspgum -lpspgu -
lpsppower -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -lpsp
debug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lc -lpspnet -lpspnet_inet -lpspne
t_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lpsputility -lpspuser -lpspkernel -o mView.elf
main.o: In function `_sioInit':
/cygdrive/j/PSP/homebrew/mapThis0501/src/main.c:686: undefined reference to `sce
SysconCtrlHRPower'
make: *** [mView.elf] Error 1

tat was the whole error.. from wat i noe, if it says "warning: implicit declaration of ....", some function is missing.

and i'm still having trouble updating psptoolchain. pspsdk was ok.

i've my psptoolchain folder in c:\pspdev
i type ./toolchain.sh in the toolchain folder using cygwin
but i keep getting this error:
ERROR: Add C:/pspdev/bin to your path before continuing.
../depends/check-pspdev.sh: Failed.

Nieko
September 10th, 2007, 10:13
Well, it does say "Add C:/pspdev/bin to your path before continuing.", you could try that :)

cydus21
September 10th, 2007, 11:20
static void _sioInit(void) {
/* Shut down the remote driver */
sceHprmEnd();
/* Enable UART 4 */
sceSysregUartIoEnable(4);
/* Enable remote control power */
sceSyscon_driver_44439604(1);
//sceSysconCtrlHRPower(1);
}

that was the function with trouble. i commented out sceSysconCtrlHRPower and uncomment sceSyscon_driver_44439604 and it works fine! but wat is the different btw this two function?

and one more question, wheres the routine that generate the map for level with no folder? Deniska could u make some form of API? hahaha.. just jokin