PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Rumble Sixaxis In November

Shrygue
May 24th, 2007, 19:53
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/ready-to-rumble%3F/rumor-rumble-sixaxis-in-november-263298.php)

Could the PlayStation 3 be getting last-gen's rumble functionality before the end of the year? According to the rumors section in the latest issue of PSM, the answer might be yes. The magazine even gets into specifics, saying that the Sixaxis rumble controller will be announced at E3 this year with a projected release date of November 13th. Seems sort of odd that a rumor would have such a concrete date attached to it, doesn't it? Sounds more like someone either a) has a big mouth or b) enjoys playing games with magazine editors. Word is that Kojima wanted rumble included, and considering the importance of MGS 4 to the PS3 platform, Sony listened.

I've really got my fingers crossed for 'a'. I never noticed how much rumble meant to me until it was gone. I don't particularly like the idea of paying for something the system should have come with in the first place, but sometimes that's just the way the cookie rumbles.

Triv1um
May 24th, 2007, 20:01
They are going to have to make a whole new pad to fit rumble in there.

It will be the size of a house brick.

Shrygue
May 24th, 2007, 20:07
Sony may also have to to come up with a higher capacity rechargeable battery to maintain the long run times.

Triv1um
May 24th, 2007, 20:17
Yeah maybe, the battery is bad enough in the already though.

We will see what they come up with i guess :P

smiles
May 24th, 2007, 20:54
Rumble is not something I'm interested in. After switching to the Wavebird with the GameCube I found I prefered the lack of rumble. But I've never been a fan of rumble, I tend to turn it off on games that will allow it.

PLZKLLME0080
May 24th, 2007, 20:57
great, the lack of the rumble feature in the PS3 is what kept me from buyin it. i think ill get one when (and if) this does happen. :thumbup:

mike03$$$
May 24th, 2007, 23:21
Good I'm ready for the rumble imma buy the controller once its out, I'm tired of that 0.1 pound controller

ngin.small
May 24th, 2007, 23:35
this is awsome, there bringing the rumble feature, so now we have the option of using rumble or no rumble

jdnation
May 25th, 2007, 02:07
You guys are behind the times... I'm betting this rumble will not be the rumble you know, but Immersion's next gen force feedback which is rumble on crack! Also they will not take up excess battery power, the amount needed is negligable.