PDA

View Full Version : Linux: Star Craft 2 Petition

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2007, 20:17
Star Craft 2 has only just been officially announced for both Mac and Windows. Well the masses of Linux users demand to play the game natively on their machines too! Sure, in a matter of months Cedega and Wine will probably completely support it, but wouldn't it be great if game companies (other than id software) started to support Linux a little more?

The mac support leads many people to believe this game will not rely on Direct X which may mean native Linux Support is completely possible.

Sign the petition here. (http://www.petitiononline.com/ibpfl/petition.html)

Triv1um
May 24th, 2007, 20:20
Can you use something like wine or crossover?

Or is it not compatible?

anyway, i signed.

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2007, 20:25
Can you use something like wine or crossover?

Sure you can, and I mentioned that, but wouldnt you rather play games for linux natively? "id" has constantly supported the linux operating system and have always been respected for this. I think it is time for other large game companies to start supporting linux too.

Triv1um
May 24th, 2007, 20:41
Oh right i get you now ;)

Yeah, linux is starting to make a big move in the OS's, more and more people are switching to it.

I think it has got away to go yet to warrant manufactures making linux builds.

Still, it would be awesome to see.

JKKDARK
May 24th, 2007, 23:30
It's ver hard to see a Linux version. Even the first one wasn't released for Linux, Blizzard Entertainment never developed a game for Linux. Also they know they will get enough sales with Windows and Mac.