PDA

View Full Version : Beowulf Film and Game Share Assets

kcajblue
May 24th, 2007, 23:47
via IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/791/791688p1.html),

During its recent Ubidays event in Paris, Ubisoft announced that it would be publishing the much-discussed, but still mysterious Beowulf game based on the upcoming movie of the same name. The epic poem was adapted to the screen by Roger Avary and noted author Neil Gaiman. Robert Zemeckis is slated to direct.

"Ubisoft is excited to be partnering with Paramount Pictures and Shangri-La, and the creative teams at ImageMovers, to leverage the 'Beowulf' movie assets and storylines and extend them into the interactive video game universe," said Yves Guillemot, CEO of Ubisoft. "Ubisoft has quickly become an industry leader in creating high-quality movie-based video games that deliver a compelling experience to both casual and hardcore gamers alike."

"'Beowulf' is particularly well-suited for the video game format," added Robert Zemeckis. "Not only does the film have a compelling story and strong visual style that will translate well into a game, but because the film is entirely digital, we are able to share our assets with Ubisoft. Audiences will be able to make a seamless transition between the film and the game."

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/791/791681/beowulf-20070524030404291.jpg

The Beowulf film features a star-studded cast of Hollywood elite, including Ray Winstone, Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, and Angelina Jolie. Although no details about their videogame likenesses was provided at this time, the shared assets should provide for a cast of characters that look a whole lot like their feature film counterparts.

The game is expected to hit stores in time for the movie's planned release in November of this year.

chrono75
May 25th, 2007, 22:22
When I watched the movie Beowulf I thought WTF, man, this movie is almost nothing like the book. I say, this game could perhaps be a flop, but I won't officially knock it down a peg until I try it, I'll edit this post then.