PDA

View Full Version : Can You Help ExcruciationX? Again?

ExcruciationX
May 25th, 2007, 08:17
The next chilling chapter of the ExcruciationX chronicles details his futile attempts to connect to the internet via his Fedora Core 6 PPC iBook.

The internet doesn't work, and he has absolutely no idea on how to get it working again. But, we do know one thing readers! He is pissed off, and is ready to punch someone's face in after an hour of trying!

Okay, I'm trying to connect to Comcast Cable via my iBook. It used to work, but do to an odd problem, I had to wipe it clean. So, now when it gets to the "Determining IP Information From Eth0..." at bootup, it sits there for almost a minute and a half and then fails. Is it some dumb thing in it's configuration?

Buddy4point0
May 25th, 2007, 19:31
??? 0_o ???
i wish i could help but i have no clue

ExcruciationX
May 25th, 2007, 20:00
Anybody else?

Triv1um
May 25th, 2007, 20:44
If you get connection at the start i wouldnt imagine its the OS's fault.

NoQuarter
May 25th, 2007, 21:06
honestly sounds like it trying to use dhcp( or maybe you need to tell it to use dhcp!!) to assign an ip address and not finding one.Check your connections first then your modem and also try out the internet connection with other pc's

ExcruciationX
May 26th, 2007, 01:56
The Windows XP machine hooked up to it works just fine.

And, yeah, it's using DHCP. I could look at the modems information and connect to it via a static connection.

ExcruciationX
May 29th, 2007, 12:03
People, I still need help.

Any other suggestions?

Huh, old post. EDITED on August 14th 2007. ExcruciationX is DAMN bored! EASTER EGG!