PDA

View Full Version : PSPSSH : SSH2 Client for PSP v1.0.6 (IR Keyboards support)

zx-81
May 25th, 2007, 18:38
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspssh-snap-v6.jpg

Hi All,

For those who haven't seen the previous version, Dropbear is a small SSH2 Server
and Client running on a variety of POSIX-based platforms.
It has been mainly developed by Matt Johnston (see matt's web site (http://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/dropbear.html)).

PSPSSH is a port of the version 0.48.1 to the PSP.

This ssh client gives you a remote access to your PC (if you have a SSH server installed of course),
and you can then enter commands and run scripts as if you were directly in front of your PC.

This software is usefull for linux users who might want to connect to their PC/server
from anywhere using a wifi connection, and then read their mail using text based tool
such as pine, elm or mutt, run text irc client, watch log files, edit configuration files,
restart services etc ...

* Change log : *

What's new in version 1.0.6 :

- Support IR keyboards !

* Credits and license : *

The terminal Vt100 emulation part of PSPSSH is based on the work
of Danzel for his Telnet client for PSP.

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker
(author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library)

This software is distributed under several open-source/free software
licenses, and mainly the MIT/X Consortium License.

See LICENSE.txt file for all details and information about it.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.03-OE, and for the IR keyboard
part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Thanks to Matt Johnston for Dropbear, to Danzel and Jeff Chen for their virtual keyboard,
thanks once more to Danzel for the VT100 emulation, and thanks to all PSPSDK coders.

Special thanks to Cool Matty and Delight1 for their feedback,
and to Paul and Fanjita who motivated me to add IR keyboards stuff :) !

Enjoy, :)

Zx

splodger15
May 25th, 2007, 20:13
Nice work Zx keep it up with these great releases

NoQuarter
May 25th, 2007, 21:49
good news to hear I was just about to buy one of those keyboards,Thank you zx.

chrono75
May 25th, 2007, 22:19
Big ups to Matt and the other folk(s) who put this software together. =D

altimit
May 25th, 2007, 23:25
Awesome. Is there some way I can help to figure out IR codes for other keyboards? I'd like to see WebTV/MSNTV keyboard support on PSP since I have tons of them. The WebTV keyboard reacts on its own will when tested with this release, hehe. I managed to get "q" to type q once. lol

slayer3d
May 26th, 2007, 12:03
:thumbup:

Having tested it last night (thanks Zx) This works great! Connected first time, no setup needed for the Targus keyboard & it works straight away in the menus. I tried it with piKey enabled and disabled, it didn't make any difference, just worked either way (nice one Zx). You can type directly on the console screen; I logged into a server at work and all the important keys worked, tab completion, ctrl-c&d, absolutely fantastic!!!

There is a delay between pressing the keys and the letters showing on the screen, but it seems to pick up all the letters in the end most of the time. It helped alot to set the cpu speed to 333 in the menus.

Now all I need is an auto-configuring miniature wireless ethernet adapter that works with every kind of Linux and XP/2K, and I can stop lugging my ancient (and bloody heavy) laptop all over London haha!

Thank You Zx-81!

zx-81
May 26th, 2007, 15:11
@slayer3d: many thanks for your feedback :)

For those who have got a Targus keyboard, here are my map/configuration files :

Anunakin
May 27th, 2007, 20:39
Thanks ZX, you are the guy!
But for some reason ... each key I type... only show after next type.... this can be a refresh issue!!?
I using WPA wireless security.... a universal palmOne keyboard, 3.40OE-A, I tried without and crypt, but the refresh not working... I type one char and this is not displayed... until I press another key ... and when I open a program like top, this not refreshing the screen....

futaris
May 29th, 2007, 11:38
Sweet. Now all I need to do is update pspirkeyb so it has support for the Stowaway IR keyboard:

http://www.thinkoutside.com/products/elerbye/stowawayir_product.html

NB, I've already gotten it working with a version of tydopad:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=7797

Also, I needed to hack my keyboard up a little to mount the PSP nicely.

HellDragon
May 30th, 2007, 02:18
Nice release, Irssi is fun now with my targus keyboard :)