PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 could drag Xbox into profitability

Triv1um
May 25th, 2007, 19:00
Via Play.tm (http://play.tm/story/10703)

Analysts Goldman Sach's this week predict that Halo 3 could earn Microsoft such vast piles of cash that the Xbox will be dragged into profitability for the first time ever.

Rumours on the internet suggest that retailer GameStop might already have accumulated a frankly obscene (and therefore unlikely?) four million pre-orders, and with the game due out a the end of September industry experts predict the new Bungie title could deliver 170 million USD in revenue for the quarter. This is based on a prediction of 4.2 million sales - one for every three Xbox 360 systems sold, with analytics expecting worldwide sales to have hit 13.2 million by September.

Buddy4point0
May 25th, 2007, 19:13
im sure it will, im going to buy a 360 just for this game.

Shadowblind
May 25th, 2007, 19:16
Buddy-Promise me you'll get Gears of War as well; I have no doubt its better then Halo 3 :D

Elven6
May 25th, 2007, 23:13
Buddy-Promise me you'll get Gears of War as well; I have no doubt its better then Halo 3 :D

Gears was good but it was WAAYYYY to short, and it had some cheezy death scene's aswell.

Shadowblind
May 25th, 2007, 23:17
You ever play it online?

markymark1
May 25th, 2007, 23:47
Gears of war online is legendary! Halo 3 beta is legendary only it takes a bit of getting used to, its quite a different pace to Gears.
...add me, GHOST MARKY if u want to game!

Cap'n 1time
May 26th, 2007, 04:17

I am a firm believer that Gears of War was just an test showing off the capabilities of the latest Unreal Engine. If you thought that it was good just wait for the new Unreal Tournament. I bet it'll blow the hell out of Halo 3 and GoW! :thumbup:

Destroyer699
May 26th, 2007, 04:21
Halo 3 will pwn all, no doubt.

Shadowblind
May 26th, 2007, 04:44
I am a firm believer that Gears of War was just an test showing off the capabilities of the latest Unreal Engine. If you thought that it was good just wait for the new Unreal Tournament. I bet it'll blow the hell out of Halo 3 and GoW! :thumbup:

I looked at Epic Games official site. The Graphics for the character models alone look awesome o_0

And that "test" sold 6 million copies in 10 weeks :D

BTW just wait for Blacksite Area 51--its being made on the UE3 engine as well.

franklin1991
May 26th, 2007, 08:50
I played the beta the other day but just could not get back into the hang of it