PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground due out in June

wraggster
May 25th, 2007, 20:36
via siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/05/21/dungeon-maker-hunting-ground-due-out-in-june/)

XSeed Games is finishing up production on Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground and it is scheduled to come out sometime next month. Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground is a role playing game for the PSP, but with one significant twist you’re the architect of the dungeon. Players start out by designing the dungeon of their dreams and if the layout is good it will attract monsters for the player to fight. A better layout means stronger monsters, better loot and the chance that the legendary Wandering Demon will appear. The dungeon creation system really is the most interesting part of Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground and we’re going to get a chance to play interior decorator for orcs and goblins soon. Check back to see our results and if you really need a dreary dungeon to draw in dragons.

Buddy4point0
May 25th, 2007, 20:47
sweet! rpg maker for psp it sounds like!

Robert de Clair
May 25th, 2007, 20:57
Sounds like a dungeon keeper for PC

Murdock
May 26th, 2007, 19:08
SOrry, I don't get this entirely. Is this a commercial game which comes out next month or a homebrew release?

I mean I'd be excited about both, but I am curious. When I saw the very first homebrew games and ports of games comming out for the PSP, I thought about a port of Dungeon Keeper right away. Unfortunately, I can't code a single line. But the PSP has so much potential, it could shurely handle an engine similar to that of DK2, and as a homebrew, u could add to this engine the gameplay of DK1 ... that'd be AWESOME!

So let's keep this topic in the mind ... it sounds damn interesting.