PDA

View Full Version : Are European PS3 owners getting Ripped off?

PSPages
May 25th, 2007, 20:44
Apart from the obvious facts like a delayed launch, the removal of the PS2's Emotion Engine chip (to reduce production costs) and a higher price tag, it seems the short fall for PS3 owners in Europe continues.

While the US and Japanese Playstation Store's are bursting at the seams with goodies, gamers in the EU are starting to feel rather left out. Being a Friday the store was due it's weekly update and there was a certain sense of excitement about what we could be getting.

Well the store has now been updated and what do we get?

Calling all Cars - Trailer! (not the game like the Jap and US stores have, a TRAILER!)
flOw - Trailer! (I see a pattern here)
Spiderman 3 - Trailer!

End of update! So we get an update consisting of 3 Trailers! Pretty crap considering the amount of content the other stores are continualy getting. It's like openning your christmas presents to find nothing but socks, a scarf and a hat (actually that would be more exciting)

There's no reason why they can't release the same content on all stores. There are great demo's of games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the other 2 stores as well as a host of Playstation games too.

It seems like Sony really could'nt care about those of us in the UK and Europe which is infact quite a sad story. :(

DiGG THIS (http://digg.com/playstation_3/Are_European_PS3_owners_getting_Ripped_off)

http://digg.com/playstation_3/Are_European_PS3_owners_getting_Ripped_off

Please share your opinions on this matter. Are we too moany or are we being given reasons to moan?

Buddy4point0
May 25th, 2007, 22:19
they ost deffinantly are, good thing i live in the us.
although i dont have a ps3 anyway

F9zDark
May 25th, 2007, 22:54
European users can make a new PSN account in the US or Japan to get the goodies from those stores. Granted their TVs might not be able to support NTSC resolutions, but they still have a shot at getting them.

Thats how I got Ninja Gaiden early, downloaded it from the Japanese store.

Shadowblind
May 25th, 2007, 22:57
Yes.

Demibeard
May 25th, 2007, 23:33
At least we don't have to put up with a train driving sim demo like the people from Hong Kong!! But yes I do believe we are getting shafted.

Where is the Ninja Gaiden demo? I got mine from the US store, far easier to understand than the fFar East version :-)

I really can't understand why it takes Sony so long to release stuff over here, but maybe we should feel special that we got Super Rub-A-Dub first... I DONT THINK SO.

That said if all they are going to release is crappy 1980's remakes they can keep them, I don't care if Joust or Rampage IS in Full HD, it still looks shite.

Where's the killer content? Why does the other next-gen network get all the demos?

I'm more than slightly fed up with the state of the PSN, It's a good job I kept most of my PS2 titles, mind you having to pay extra for the ability to copy the saves across is a bit much.

Grumpy UK PS3 owner :-(

Justise
May 26th, 2007, 00:00
I was allways a PSfan, but this time i think i'll whait a little longer before buying my PS3. Europeans were $onys Jerks for the very begining, Since not even half of the PS1&2 tittles that have been released to the US were getting a EU release. And the truth is that we've missed some realy good tittles (see Xenosaga, Tales of series...).

I have made my decision!
I wont buy a PS3 till I can play Xenosaga in my unmoded european Playstation!!!!

BrokenHaiku
May 26th, 2007, 03:05
I've yet to see a single PS1/PS2/PSP game made available in the EU PS Store. Although these might rely on the emotion engine chip, why don't we at least get some PS3 game demos and all those trailers? I've created a US account too and hooked up a US credit card just to get some of what is available.

This stinks Sony, we at the very least could get an explanation of what in tarnation is going on.

steve520
May 26th, 2007, 03:29
The PS3 is a rip-off period

matt100
May 26th, 2007, 12:31
yes we have been shafted here in uk
£50.00 games
shite ps store content(mostly crap demo's)and who wants to play retro games i got mame for that and psp with custom fw so i can play that crap if i wanted to on them platforms
my ps3 cost me £550
that was with extra controller and dvd remote and 2 games.....still a shit deal
i just might take it back and wait for a price drop
(SONY PULL YA FINGERS OUT UPDATE PS3 STORE WITH SUMTHIN WORTH DOWNLOADING NO MORE SHITE DEMOS AND CRAP TRAILERS
ALSO LOWER GAME PRICES

VFerg
May 28th, 2007, 06:34
Wow I knew it was bad over there for everyone when it came to getting games and extra content but I didnt know how bad your store really was. Seriously the Ninja Gaiden demo should have been a release for all since its probably the best thing ive seen and downloaded from that store. At the very least GIVE THAT TO THEM SONY!!!

Things are slow but I expect things to turn around by the end of summer and beginning of fall. I say just wait it out, but this is comming from someone who doesnt have to experience the wait so sorry! And at least they havent found a way to stop purchasing store content outside the country, thats always a plus.

ketchup
May 28th, 2007, 12:00
Stupid stupid question. Of course European gamers are ripped off. They blame EU rules. But do they have to lump all European PS3's in the same group? Other countries are treated individually sometimes.
Just think of the price difference between US hardware and software compared to that in the UK. NTSC vs PAL oh major expense there. Oh 240V as against 120V must cost more of course. Ah and don't forget VAT but that doesn't make the differences in price either. RIP off cos' we'll pay anyway. MUGS, all of us. Same with Xbox360 too.