PDA

View Full Version : Porting Dosbox- emulator port suggestion

imprompt
May 26th, 2007, 03:58
wouldn't it be great if you could play all ye old Dos games

"DOSBox is a DOS-emulator that uses the SDL-library which makes DOSBox very easy to port to different platforms. DOSBox has already been ported to many different platforms, such as Windows, BeOS, Linux, MacOS X...

DOSBox is totally free of charge and OpenSource."

source is available @ http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1

zonic
May 27th, 2007, 18:16
yes it but it make more sense would make an update for dosbox featuring a easeier rome browser for noobs who dont know what they are doing. plus the games are fun even old school prince of persia.

Balthasar00
May 27th, 2007, 18:27
There's a great DosBox port on xbox wich include gui and a virtual keyboard. Simple to use and running well.

imprompt
May 29th, 2007, 12:46
I grew up using dos in the late eighties, its would literally open up another world of games available for the ds, with all the abandonware available, etc

I guess the keyboard issue is the first one to encounter, the dos language was pretty easy, I could master all the basic commands as an 8 year old

XioN980
June 9th, 2007, 17:25
keyboard would be easy better then the PSP could handle think about the name Dual Screen, What does it suggest, there are two screens what could one be used for ;)

Plus CrocoDS even has a button on its virtual keyboard that brings up the menu.

Some games could function, early ones like Skyroads, 33mhz

imprompt
June 10th, 2007, 03:42
Surely a DS is capable of emulating the performance of a 286 or 386 computer?

Even Windows 3.0 should be able to run.:)

I guess it needs someone with programming skills to make this happen...

Helllooo programers :)

perhaps http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?page=BuildingDOSBox is of some use

There would be literally thousands or more vintage games available using DOSbox

bassCore
July 9th, 2007, 01:34
Ohh yes :D DOS.