PDA

View Full Version : Lameboy v0.7 GB/GBC Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
May 27th, 2007, 18:40
Nutki (http://ds-scene.net/forum/pforum.php?act=1&publicforum=5&topic=696&page=4#30) is back with a new release of his Gameboy/Gameboy Colour emulator for the Nintendo DS.

Heres whats new:

Changelog:

- fixed: less interscreen video glitches
- fixed: correct flag bits locations, helps Zelda Oracle of Ages
- fixed: window size overflow, helps with menu in both Zelda Oracles
- added: 60fps emulation speed sync
- added: fast mode with L button
- added: cpu emulation optimizations, more games run fullspeed

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

jojotjuh
May 27th, 2007, 19:01
can this be made as a plugin to moonshell?

anyway, nice job :)

Harshboy
May 27th, 2007, 19:04
Sweet! I can't see how this emulator could get any better. The only thing that isn't a feature that I want, is Sound.

Keep it up

DanTheManMS
May 27th, 2007, 20:25
Glad to see an update to this again. The frame sync is nice, as I no longer have to use older versions of the emulator to get fast games to run at 100%

kcajblue
May 27th, 2007, 20:53
its nice to see this is getting updated still.
keep up the good work! :D

hardedge71
May 27th, 2007, 23:03
very good...emulation on DS is coming along well.keep it up people

F2bnp
May 27th, 2007, 23:12
C00l only sound missing now

Buddy4point0
May 28th, 2007, 03:54
sweet! nice update

skipboris
May 28th, 2007, 04:26
I will get this once it emulates sound well. Does it have rewind?

DanTheManMS
May 28th, 2007, 04:38
No, no rewind function, but it does have the speed-up function available, which is rather nice.

pacaveli
May 28th, 2007, 07:04
nice to see ds emulation moving along
does anybody know if this works with the r4 i just ordered mine so if you dont know i will in a week anyway

DanTheManMS
May 28th, 2007, 07:53
Yes, it works with nearly all devices, including the R4.

tisti
May 28th, 2007, 17:43
Amazing emulator :D And just in time too, my old Gameboy broke a few months back. Finaly get to replay Wario 3 :thumbup:
Its near perfect, only one noticable sprite issue so far. Can't wait for sound.

Hyrule_boy
May 29th, 2007, 02:10
Hell yeah! a frikking update!!! :D I checked almost daily to see if there was an update from this emulator. He's done an awesome job again. Can't wait for the next build! :)

eric55441
June 1st, 2007, 01:58
Love this emulator, definetly the best for NDS, I cant wait for sound too! Also I was wondering if there is a way to run a game boy rom in gameboy color mode? Changing the extention doesnt seem to do it. Any help would be apreciated.

DanTheManMS
June 1st, 2007, 02:17
I don't think it's possible, no. The GBC assigns colors to GB games because the information for each specific game is stored on its BIOS, and I don't believe they've managed to dump the GBC BIOS yet (very tricky). I had asked the same question about Goomba Color a while ago to find this answer from Dwedit.

Best you can hope for is a version that lets you choose your own palettes or gives you a set of commonly used ones.

Hyrule_boy
June 1st, 2007, 03:02
Love this emulator, definetly the best for NDS, I cant wait for sound too! Also I was wondering if there is a way to run a game boy rom in gameboy color mode? Changing the extention doesnt seem to do it. Any help would be apreciated.

That's not possible because the games are programmed in non color. Although you had an function on the Gameboy color that would let you change it in an other color not that it made it look any better...

eric55441
June 1st, 2007, 03:19
Thanks for the reply. Now that you mention it I do remeber doing that on my good ole GBAMP but now I have a EZV and the GBA mode is a bit slow so I came looking for a NDS version. If this ever supports sound and mabye automatic saving this will definetly be the best choose for people with Slot 1 cards, cant wait! :thumbup:

DanTheManMS
June 1st, 2007, 03:42
If you have the ability to run GBA files, use Goomba Color instead. While Lameboy is good, currently Goomba Color is better. Try messing with the "GBC double speed" setting (or something like that) in the Goomba Color menu to see if that helps with the speed. Also note that you can press L+Start to make Goomba Color stop limiting it to 60 fps and instead emulate it as fast as it can (which isn't as fast as the "fast mode" of Lameboy here, but it's still noticeable)

eric55441
June 1st, 2007, 12:29
If you have the ability to run GBA files, use Goomba Color instead. While Lameboy is good, currently Goomba Color is better. Try messing with the "GBC double speed" setting (or something like that) in the Goomba Color menu to see if that helps with the speed. Also note that you can press L+Start to make Goomba Color stop limiting it to 60 fps and instead emulate it as fast as it can (which isn't as fast as the "fast mode" of Lameboy here, but it's still noticeable)

Its not that the games are slow its that the GBA roms take like a minute or so to erase and them burn to the GBA slot (and if I start using emulators on GBA I have to switch the roms all the time) I just would prefer a NDS emulator becuase that just that a few seconds to load.

DanTheManMS
June 1st, 2007, 16:53
You could use Rudolph's tool to load the GBA game into the 3in1's PSRAM instead of the NOR flash, which should make it much quicker to load the game. As long as your file is below 16 MB, it should work, but the file won't stay on the 3in1 after poweroff. Check the EZ-Flash forums for more info and downloads.

crazyncurly
June 3rd, 2007, 14:38
nice emulator finally play those games (zelda ) on my ds great!