PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Rivals 2 heading our way

-Xandu-
May 27th, 2007, 20:32
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.pspfanboy.com/media/2006/12/tmpphpitb770.jpg

Sonic gets another game on the PSP.
Not much to say here, really, but various sources have confirmed (GameInformer, some random online store, GameTrailers) the existence of a sequel to Sonic's PSP debut, Sonic Rivals! The game is set to come out on November 6th this year, and will be on sale for $39.99.

No other details have been revealed regarding the content of the game. Stay tuned to Sonic News for further developments!

[Via Sonic Stadium (http://www.sonicstadium.org/sonicnews/293/)]

xg917
May 27th, 2007, 20:43
the first one was easy and only good if you played in multiplayer with a friend, i hope they add infrastructure to race with people everywhere

Basil Zero
May 27th, 2007, 20:45
Awesome, loved the first one

Hope they fix the level glitches

Vega
May 27th, 2007, 21:13
hated the first one.... hated every sonic game since sonic adventure.... loved the oldies on megadrive. Sonic team need a good kick up the arse and a course of nostalgia pills

emuking
May 27th, 2007, 21:29
hated the first one.... hated every sonic game since sonic adventure.... loved the oldies on megadrive. Sonic team need a good kick up the arse and a course of nostalgia pills

cant agree with you more man, though you should check out sonic and the secret rings, it sort of goes back to just being about speed and fun and not just a lame story with sh1tty voiceovers like past sonic 3d games

Vega
May 27th, 2007, 21:44
yeah I heard some good things about the Secret Rings, would love to play it. Unfortunatly I dont have a wii yet. Definitly like to play it

edit - damn, i wanted my 1000th post to be epic . . . .

Triv1um
May 27th, 2007, 21:54
Sonic isn't Sonic anymore, they should go back to the old days.

Shadowblind
May 27th, 2007, 22:27
The sequal to Sonic Rivals isn't welcome.

Solidsnake3000
May 27th, 2007, 23:56
man i think this sonic game sux they could have done much better

JKKDARK
May 28th, 2007, 00:03
Oh my god, it is a nightmare. Sonic Rivals is an horrible game. Please Sega, make a Sonic Adventure style Sonic game or go back to the 2D graphics making a sequel to Sonic Advance or Sonic Battle.

yoshinatsu
May 28th, 2007, 00:10
I have some mixed emotions about Sonic Rivals.
I like the fast-paced gameplay, but... it's not the Sonic platform game I wanted. It was just a "win your rivals" games. Not a game with levels... This game could have been something really different... Something like a revamped Sonic 2. It's graphics were really good for the PSP, and it would have been perfect if it was an original Sonic game.
Personally, I liked Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the GameCube, even if it was after Sonic's decline era. Sonic Heroes... Shadow The Hedgehog... Sonic Riders... Duh... Rubbish...RUBBISH...

DarthPaul
May 28th, 2007, 01:16

Damn,that's a huge meatball.

xg917
May 28th, 2007, 01:54
well u know how they brought back super mario to DS like the old style super mario bros from the nes and snes.
thats how sonic should be on the psp (brought back from genesis, or a sonic adventure type of game. not some racing bull crap

Buddy4point0
May 28th, 2007, 03:31

very much agree take sonic of this diet.
i didnt like the first sonic rivals game.
my favorate was sonic adventure 2. i wish they would just port that to psp.

acn010
May 28th, 2007, 03:46
yeah... good graphics though :o

Solidsnake3000
May 28th, 2007, 07:19
man if i was to actually buy sonic riders when it first came out i would be mad good thing i have an oe i can try the game before i buy it its what u usually do if i like a game saves me money lol thanks D-A

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
May 28th, 2007, 10:09
the first one was crap, I hated the idea of a racing game.............i hope this one will have a major improvement!

bah
May 28th, 2007, 11:22
Glad I'm not the only one who hated the first one, I cant believe it sold well enough to get a sequel.

Sonic 2 will always be my favourite, all the megadrive platform sonic games were great. The GBA games aren't bad either. Sonic should be a 2d platformer, the game mechanics work best in that format.

All of the 3d games have been awful IMO, the engine from sonic rivals could make a great 2d playfield/ 3d look platformer, but this whole 'racing' theme is just boring beyond belief.

MAKE A PROPER SONIC GAME FOR PSP!!

At least we have emulation :)

mnky
May 28th, 2007, 11:24
I was looking forward to this game, 3d graphics in a 2d setting, then they...made it into a racing game.

xg917
May 28th, 2007, 16:30
yea 3d graphics, 2d setting like in genesis

like they did for new super mario bros ds

irondirgible
May 29th, 2007, 04:16
It seems like they have to keep adding new characters to do anything "new". I know that Mario games add new characters as well, but most have the same "core" cast of mainstays (those in Mario Kart and Mario party, for example). They almost have a rainbow of hedgehogs:

Sonic: Blue/Yellow (when he is Super Sonic)
Knuckles: Red (I know he's an echidna, but they're pretty much the same thing)
Amy: Pink (because she's a girl)
Shadow: Black (suprised?)
Silver (They keep getting more creative): Silver/White

Knuckles was cool, he could glide and climb walls with his awesome spike-fists. Every lad needs his lass, so Amy is OK as well. But they keep running out of ideas. I don't want to buy the new games, because I+ don't want any of their "innovation." There is a reason Mega Man is fun. Capcom changes very little in each game, and even in games like Megaman Zero the game is kept a side-scroller, along with becoming much more open-ended. The Battle Network games take very little from this original formula, and although the first was entertaining (and the others repetitive sequels that have devolved into having "different" versions, they are not Mega Man. Nintendo innovates well with its flagship series, and SEGA does not (I'm not implying that they are not creative in other areas).

The original Sonic games were good because they were fast and fun. Sonic Adventure was good because it was too (at least in the Action Stages). Nothing else works, and SEGA needs to realize that. Nothing else is good enough. Nothing else is Sonic.

SpacemanSpiff
May 29th, 2007, 04:25
Has anyone played Sonic Rush on the DS? I hear that's supposed to be pretty good.