PDA

View Full Version : Custom Maps in GMDL - HOW?

parzeval23
May 27th, 2007, 21:51
Hello,

Could somebody give me an advice, how can I prepare my own .png maps (not calibrated, scanned- just a picture) in the GMDL for mapThis?

I think I can't solve the problem because I don't know how to calibrate the maps...

There are three opinions in the form "Custom Map":

1) Load Any PNG with Map Parameters
- It is impossible to load a picture, because I don't know the top/bottom coordinates

2) Load any PNG
- this is OK, but if I make an export, I think it isn't a calibrated map, because there are no excact coordinates to add.

3) Load Compliant PNG
- I think this should be the right choice, but how? - If I load a PNG, how should I "compare" it? - In the table right ("Select Comparison Source"), I can select map sources, but nothing happens (?) - The same if I check/uncheck the choice "Select Comparison"...

Do I need some other software for the calibration before I load a .png to the GMDL?
Or CAN I SIMPLY MAKE A CALIBRATED MAP WITHOUT GMDL PROGRAM, but for MapThis?

I tried to find some guides for Custom Maps in this forum, but I think very few people have experience with it or it is a banal thing...

I would appreciate any help, because I am really desperated :( ...

parzeval23
May 28th, 2007, 16:39
Why can nobody help me with it?? :(

parzeval23
May 28th, 2007, 17:56
Why can nobody help me with it?? :(

NivisTigris
June 10th, 2008, 12:50
i cant help you, coz i need the same responses like you.

andreq
June 10th, 2008, 14:06
You can get Microsoft MapCruncher to "calibrate" your map on top of Virtual Earth.

It will export some files to a folder (which you can use your broswer to look at your map).

You can use GMDL with this folder as a source (choose MapCruncher) and it should create a map flawlessly

Good luck

fl-run
June 4th, 2009, 06:42
Hi
I've got scanned maps ( jpg with calibration file for oziexplorer)
how to convert these maps to use them on a iphone 3G (with offline maps app) ,
I guess I have to use GMDL to buid compatible maps for iphone
thanks for your help
Francois from France