PDA

View Full Version : XMB Theme Cycler/Manager v0.5

wraggster
May 28th, 2007, 10:30
News/release from luislizard:

Hi, say hello to version v0.5 with theme manager, and an easier way to adding themes (now you can just throw the theme with any name you want in ms0:/themes)

To create screenshots for your themes:
--Take the screenshot of the theme
--Open it with paint and click Image then Resize/Skew
--In there set to resize both horizontal and vertical to 70%, click OK
--Then click File then Save As, and save it as a PNG
--Then place that file as screenshot.png in the theme's folder

Features:
-- Theme Manager NEW!!!
-- Automatic theme flashing at startup
-- Unlimited slots for saving themes
-- Configuration menu
-- Dummy font flashing -- Frees 2.5 mb in Flash0
-- Monthly theme cycling
-- Original theme backup
-- Scripting improvement over last release

Files it can flash: (Requests accepted)
--topmenu_plugin
--opening_plugin
--savedata_plugin
--gameboot
--system_plugin
--background (01-12.bmp)
--impose_plugin
--premo_plugin
--system_plugin_fg
--system_plugin_bg
--photo_plugin
--game_plugin
--sysconf_plugin
--ltn0
--visualizer_plugin
--update_plugin
--sysconf_plugin_about
--savedata_utility
--rss_suscriber
--netplay_plugin
--netconf_dialog
--music_main_plugin
--msvideo_main_plugin

IMPORTANT:
-- In my past releases i received alot of complaints about why i didn't include the original sony files. I don't include them because it's illegal to do so, you have to get them by yourself, or if you run theme cycler with the original theme installed, it will make a backup of it.

-- If you have 3.40 then you need themes for 3.40, if you use one for another version it WILL NOT work.

-- You need to know the basics of flashing before using any flashing progams. Also, learn how to use the recovery mode before flashing anything.

-- To fix a semi-brick goto recovery mode and enable auto-boot. Reboot PSP and hold O, the configuration mode will load, then press "flash backup theme" and voila semi-brick fixed!

-- The README file is your friend, take a look at it before using.

-- if you want both autorun and the manual Cycle Theme function you need to set the 1.5 kernel to GAME since the boot folder has to be strictly at GAME, not GAME150.

-- DO NOT RENAME THE BOOT FOLDER, AND IT SHOULD BE LOCATED IN THE GAME FOLDER, NOT GAME150, NOT GAME340, IF YOUR ARE GOING TO USE AUTOBOOT.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

via luislizard (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1581004&postcount=1)

luis_05
May 28th, 2007, 21:02
yes!!! another update, this app is so cool, nice work and keep it up!! u just made a big fan lol

Buddy4point0
May 28th, 2007, 23:19
nice, i like being suprised of my theme everyday!

LAMPRO
May 30th, 2007, 07:35
anyone having any probs wit this?? any success on frequency- meaning you themeflash alot and its all good?

any bricks?? im interested in this theme cycler- but i been reading alot about some issues.. i guess the only thing i need to really be concerned with is the fw and the topmenu corresponding, but anyone with any experience, chop it up wit me.

lemme know.