PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a wireless air PC mouse?

Mark30001
May 28th, 2007, 23:55
If so, what are some good brands? Also, are they good for FPS games?

SnesR0X
May 29th, 2007, 02:35
I do at my regular house, I'm not there right now though :o. I'll tell you what it is in a few hours when I get there, It's pretty good, last a long time, and yes it plays nice with FPS. I got a Mouse/Keyboard combo

VampDude
May 29th, 2007, 03:52
I'm using a wireless mouse, and keyboard...

...They use batteries like there's no tomorrow thou, apart from that they're quite good.

IndianCheese
May 29th, 2007, 04:03
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2158,CONTENTID=10776

This is what I have, and I love it. It is all Bluetooth powered and comes with a Bluetooth USB dongle to plug into your computer. This also enables you to connect other Bluetooth devices (e.g. cell phone, Blackberry) that you couldn't before. But onto the desktop itself. The mouse needs no batteries; it comes with a charger that you drop it into at night or when you aren't using it, and the keyboard uses 4 AA batteries about every 2-3 months. I like the media controls on the side (play, pause, stop, next, previous, open media player, open my music, my videos, or my pictures), and the keyboard has an assload of hotkeys. The mouse has up/down scroll and left/right tilt-scroll. It also has an app switcher button to switch between windows really fast. It also has fast scroll arrows and browser back/forward arrows, and nearly every button or hotkey on the mouse and keyboard is customizable in the settings (e.g. when I press the "Mail" button, it brings up a drop-down menu asking whether it should open my web mail or Thunderbird). It's great.

VampDude
May 29th, 2007, 04:39
the keyboard uses 4 AA batteries about every 2-3 months

Mine uses 2 AAA batteries, and they last about 2 weeks before they start to die on me...

...I usually try and push the 3rd week out've them thou, my mouse uses 2 AA batteries which lasts a good 2 weeks at the most

Mark30001
May 29th, 2007, 04:42
Thanks, but I'm looking for more of an "air" mouse that you can hold like a remote control. ;)

http://www.beamer.de/produkte/zubehoer/img/Gyro_neu1.jpg

VampDude
May 29th, 2007, 04:54
Thanks, but I'm looking for more of an "air" mouse that you can hold like a remote control. ;)

http://www.beamer.de/produkte/zubehoer/img/Gyro_neu1.jpg

Buy a Wii then! lol :p

SnesR0X
May 29th, 2007, 07:12
woah, sorry but why do you want that? :p

bah
May 29th, 2007, 08:20
A wireless air mouse makes more sense than a wireless regular mouse IMO.

All you guys with cordless mice/kb setups, do you use them at a distance from your PC that a cord wouldn't allow/would make annoying or are they on your desk all the time?

I wouldn't think that an air mouse would be very good for FPS games but I could be wrong, would be nice for browsing things on a PC hooked up to a TV as a media center though.

Triv1um
May 29th, 2007, 11:46
all my school has those, there really cool. I had a play on paint with one, its suprising how much control you have over the mouse with one of these.

I haven't personally tried one with a fps game, but I would immagine its awesome.