PDA

View Full Version : Wii rumours abound after Nintendo conference

Triv1um
May 29th, 2007, 17:55
Via Wii UK (http://www.wii-uk.net/phpnews/news.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=560)

A massive slew of rumours is currently circulating pertaining to Nintendo's mysterious press summit held in an abandoned castle on the top of a cliff in Transylvania. Lightning and everything.

Those rumour-mongering scamps at NeoGAF (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158865) have posted up a message purportedly from a 'press insider', presumably given to them in a dark alley in some kind of swanky looking briefcase.

There's rather a lot of information, so I'll give you a condensed version - remember, these 'facts' are completely unsubstantiated for the most part so they might not be true:

Metroid Prime 3 will have downloadable extra missions, suits, weapons, and so on.

Smash Bros uses either classic controller / GC controller or a Wii remote / nunchuck combination.

Super Mario Galaxy allows you to explore the interior of giant planets - the game will also use WiiConnect24. Somehow.

A trailer reel was shown featuring ( amongst others ) Mario Kart Wii, Vision Red ( a new RPG from Nintendo ), Animal Crossing, Wii Music, Wii Health.

Finally, an epic-sounding video was shown that finishes with Link and a massive triforce 'smashing into pieces.' ( I love that bit ).

How plausible is all that then? It could be educated guesswork, as nothing sounds particularly unexpected. It's unlikely Nintendo will comment on any of it as the information they released at the press summit is currently under embargo.

It's interesting, but I'm going to wait for the official word before I get too excited.

You can never trust anyone these days.

Stay tuned for more news.

bmemike
May 29th, 2007, 18:08
If you're going all macabre, then I'd like to see something Castelvania-related get announced!

alienanthropologist
May 29th, 2007, 18:53
Zelda for the Wii.... mmmm.... (dribble) :rolleyes:

ICE
May 29th, 2007, 19:05
they said that the next zelda had been being worked on for about a year when they released TP so its possible ..

Demolition49
May 29th, 2007, 19:19
Wow i want to see that trailer then, i would die for mario kart wii.

ganondorf
May 29th, 2007, 20:09
Finally, an epic-sounding video was shown that finishes with Link and a massive triforce 'smashing into pieces.' ( I love that bit )

Damm, I hope it is another zelda game.

ICE
May 29th, 2007, 20:39
all of this could be total bs. keep that in mind. treat it as a rumor until its confirmed.

Demolition49
May 29th, 2007, 20:45
i thought the new zelda for wii was coming this year.

Accordion
May 29th, 2007, 21:10
no new games then?

Man
May 29th, 2007, 21:16
Smash Bros uses either classic controller / GC controller or a Wii remote / nunchuck combination.

Ummm im srry but what the **** else are they going to use to control the game?

ganondorf
May 29th, 2007, 22:34
Ummm im srry but what the **** else are they going to use to control the game?

lmao, good point.

i thought the new zelda for wii was coming this year.

I dont think this year, maybe 08, 09 possably 2010. Although I have heard another wii zelda game is in the works.

Anyways, zelda phantom hour glass will be released for the ds this fall.

Gold Line
May 29th, 2007, 22:37
zelda tp was for the GC and ported to the wii, so the wii does not have a zelda game yet.