PDA

View Full Version : New MGS 4 coming to the 360 rumor is bologna

Shrygue
May 29th, 2007, 18:46
via Xbox 360 Fanboy (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/05/29/new-mgs-4-coming-to-the-360-rumor-is-bologna/)

In the past few days rumors have been a flutter over a Swedish gaming magazine confirming that Metal Gear Solid 4 would be making its way to the Xbox 360 in 2008. The source, a supposedly translated piece from the magazine's article posted on the Xbox.com (http://forums.xbox.com/12756627/ShowPost.aspx) forums. Well, from what we can tell, this rumor is made up crud that some fanboy whipped together to stir the rumor pot. But why do we cry falsity?

Well, on the same forum, member indianhustler brought to everyone's attention the wording of this supposed magazine article by linking to a 2003 IGN article (http://insider.ign.com/teasers/388/388211.html) that talks about MGS 2. That 2003 article's verbiage is nearly identical to the supposed new MGS 4 rumor from Swedish Super Play magazine, except for a few words switched out. Take a look for yourself as we've posted both the "translated text" from the new rumor and the old 2003 MGS 2 IGN article below. See any similarities? Yeah, this MGS 4 confirmation is nothing more than a copy and paste job from an old IGN article done by a bored fanboy. That's why this is made up bologna ... for now.

Supposed MGS 4 confirmation from Super Play magazine

"At the end of 2007, one of the biggest titles to be released for any of the current generation consoles is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. As the follow up to the blockbuster smash hit PS2 title Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, it will problably sell extremely well and be played by many PS3 fans. However, sole owners of Wii and Xbox 360 would have to do without it. Fortunately, Konami isnīt completely blind to the fact that more gamers deserve to play this epic title, and it is now confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 will launch a year later in November 2008. It will come with new content additions including VR missions and other bonus gameplay like Snake Tales, which lets you go on more objective-based missions -- some quite lengthy. So, there's no question that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 comes packed with more content than the original PS3-version.

Seemingly, the Xbox 360 Metal Gear would have been the one to wait for, but Konami respond by releasing the slightly beefed up Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3 as well."
Text from MGS 2 IGN article that ran in 2003

"At the end of 2001, one of the biggest titles to be released for any of the current generation consoles was Metal Gear Solid 2. As the follow up to the blockbuster smash hit PSX title Metal Gear Solid, it went on to sell extremely well and be played by many PS2 fans. However, sole owners of GameCube and Xbox would have to do without it. Fortunately, Konami wasn't completely blind to the fact that more gamers deserved to play the epic title, and it released Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the Xbox a year later in November 2002. This came with new content additions including VR missions and other bonus gameplay like Snake Tales, which lets you go on more objective-based missions -- some quite lengthy. So, there's no question that Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance comes packed with more content than the original MGS2 on PS2.

Seemingly, the Xbox Metal Gear would have been the one to buy, but Konami responded quickly by releasing the slightly beefed up Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for PS2 this March."

Triv1um
May 29th, 2007, 18:48
That is shocking :|

Thanks for clearing that up.

Balthasar00
May 29th, 2007, 20:37
:rofl:

JKKDARK
May 29th, 2007, 20:47
lol that xbox fanboy was an idiot

Gold Line
May 29th, 2007, 20:54
mgs4 is the ps3's life line if it went to the 360 then its game over ps3

Triv1um
May 29th, 2007, 22:08
Not really gold.

The PS3 is the best machine on the market at the moment, when its power has been unlocked you will be eating your words ;)

Asuki
May 29th, 2007, 22:55
Not that I wanna bring any attention but.. it seems that alot of fans forgot about Metal Gear Solid 3. That one never got out for the PC or the KeX-Box.

The chance for either MGS4 or FFXIII (both FF versions) getting out on the box or cube/wii. Is like the day when both nintendo, sony and MS will open up free downloads for roms of different consoles (you know what I mean...)

Waqs
May 29th, 2007, 23:25
even if konami are saying it, i doubt metal gear solid 4 will come to 360

Gold Line
May 29th, 2007, 23:28
Not that I wanna bring any attention but.. it seems that alot of fans forgot about Metal Gear Solid 3. That one never got out for the PC or the KeX-Box.

The chance for either MGS4 or FFXIII (both FF versions) getting out on the box or cube/wii. Is like the day when both nintendo, sony and MS will open up free downloads for roms of different consoles (you know what I mean...)

well your kinda wrong
FF was nintendo only untill ff7 when they jumped to sony also snake (the main char in mgs) will be in super smash bros brawl witch will only be for the wii, so games can jump to a different console at any time the only games that will stay are pokemon,zelda,mario,metroid,donkey kong,star fox,kirby,wario (wii) and halo (xbox) i cant see thos games ever jumping consoles.

BrooksyX
May 30th, 2007, 03:29
I believe that MGS4 will eventually find its way to the 360. Konami would be stupid not to release it for the 360. The only way I think that MGS4 won't make it to the 360 is if $ony buys Konami, which I don't see happening because $ony is over a Billion dollars in the hole right now.

DPyro
May 30th, 2007, 03:32
Like I said, more FUD.