PDA

View Full Version : No Silent Hill for Wii

Triv1um
May 30th, 2007, 13:52
Via Wii UK (http://www.wii-uk.net/phpnews/news.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=565)

Konami shun the idea of Silent Hill on Wii, as 'grandma wouldn't like it.'

Clearly they've never met my Grandma - I bet she'd love caving in the heads of zombies or whatever it is you do in Silent Hill.

In an interview (http://silenthillorigins.com/?subaction=showfull&id=1180447154&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&) with Konami's Masashi Tsuboyama, he had the following to say about the prospect of Silent Hill coming to Wii:

'While Nintendo Wii sales are very high, and I applaude Nintendo for their sucess, I dont think Silent Hill is a game that would be sold on Nintendo Wii as much as a game like Zelda would worldwide. This by no means says we will not consider the idea but the general opinion is that Wii is for family games and im sure the fans don't play Silent Hill with their grandma!'

Please, please, if we have any grandmas / grandads reading this please get in touch so we can ram Konami's rather silly attitude right up their backside.

I find it surprising that Konami are naive enough to actually think that most Wii owners only play the console with octogenarian relatives, and never alone. I have one thing to say to that: bollocks.

There's already been a couple of 'mature' titles out on Wii, with more to come, so with any luck they'll be enough to change Konami's mind - for now, it doesn't look too promising. Thanks to C3 (http://www.cubed3.com/news/7668/1/Konami_Discusses_Silent_Hill_on_Wii) for the tip.

----

Leave your thoughts below folks.

voltorben
May 30th, 2007, 14:46
those ****ers. "Wii is for family games" - what kinda bullshit is that. Just because some people like mario, doesn't mean that everyone does. I would love to see a silent hill on the wii. Its one of my favorite games...

cswallstreet
May 30th, 2007, 14:55
Im guessing Resident Evil Series and Killer have turned to family games now. Whats up with that. And Im pretty sure that the Nintendo President said that they were trying to leave the Kids Games console only and trying to get mroe mature rated games for it.

sappo
May 30th, 2007, 15:13
Stupid people. They will know soon the power of Wii.

Are they thinking of doing it for PS3? What a waste of money.

Wii FTW!

Accordion
May 30th, 2007, 15:28
more evidence

JKKDARK
May 30th, 2007, 15:37
Ok Konami, enjoy poor sales on PS3 then

Shadowblind
May 30th, 2007, 15:57

I dont know why that was so funny, but it was.

Sadly true as well. I'm fairly certain they dont like the Wii because they put all they're stock in Sony.

MGFox
May 30th, 2007, 16:29
I like to play on the Wii with my girlfriend, my parents and my girlfriends parents (sadly, never any grandparents).

It is true that the Wii is aimed at everyone across all ages, but not always at the same time, sometimes the parents aren't around and you want to hack away at some mutilated maniquins from your psyche using a plank of wood(Silent Hill reference).

Nintendo are branching out more to the more violent and scary games like Manhunt 2, Godfather and Resident Evil. Silent Hill would be a great addition, Konami need to remove the blinkers and see the potential.

Cheers,
Fox

jamiegibson
May 30th, 2007, 16:42
They're going to regret what they said in a few years or so. Silent Hill would be great for Wii.

masterpaul
May 30th, 2007, 17:22
They will probably kill them selfs... when they see how much family games like... Manhaunt 2, Resident Evil 4, Residen Evil: Umbrella Chornicles and Metroid Prime 3 sell.

Gold Line
May 30th, 2007, 17:28
I like to play on the Wii with my girlfriend, my parents and my girlfriends parents (sadly, never any grandparents).
my girlfriend or parents never play my wii. :confused:

i agree Konami are a bit stupid wii and xbox are getting the cash not the ps3.

ICE
May 30th, 2007, 17:41
have they not ever heard of manhunt 2? its on the wii and is going to be possibly the most violent and gory game ever...

Gold Line
May 30th, 2007, 17:43
have they not ever heard of manhunt 2? its on the wii and is going to be possibly the most violent and gory game ever...

wrong, it will be the most violent and gory game i played the first 1 and could not sleep for a week :eek:

cswallstreet
May 31st, 2007, 23:59
Its time Konami to wake up and realise Nintendo is becoming a more mature system and jump on board with RE Series, Man Hunt, Killer and all the other ones.

Triv1um
June 1st, 2007, 11:30
Its time Konami to wake up and realise Nintendo is becoming a more mature system and jump on board with RE Series, Man Hunt, Killer and all the other ones.I think mature is the wrong word, its the more widly used console.