PDA

View Full Version : PS2 hdd theory helppppppp

d_vader
June 5th, 2005, 15:10
PS2 hdd theory

Hi
I was reading your forum and thought maybe you guys could help me
Im thinking to get a ps2 hard drive but I thought bundle kits are pricey so I wanted to build my own kit
I was thinking if you guys could help me with my theory

I want to buy an 80 gb+ hard drive from eBay. A Maxtor hard drive (saying it is compatible by checking the PS2 Hard Drive Compatibility Chart website from ps2drives.x-pec.com)

Then by buying a network adapter to connect it together with my v7 pal ps2

I then will buy hdadvance cd and DVD with a slide card tool

I then wish to backup my current games like the getaway onto the hard drive

I also want to buy swapmagic 3.6plus to transfer the ps2 memory card exploit to my memory card via my USB MEMORY STICK

I also want to see if it will play backups dvdr games on my ps2, copy backup dvdr games to my hard drive using the method above

I also want to try out transferring the hdadvance elf file to the memory card using the exploit so I don’t have to keep on loading the disc up

And last but not least thanks for reading my post

I was hoping that anybody with any experience could help me to explain if this would work or not work

Thanks

D_vader

Lord_Rob
June 5th, 2005, 18:24
I dont have much experience but im saying that it would'nt work because there is a special way that the developers of the HDD HD encoded it to work around the psp. So you cant just buy seperate parts and put them together you have to make it work with the psp

ptr.exe
June 5th, 2005, 19:22
PSP? he's talking about PS2.

Theres no talk of warez/copies/backups here. If you want advice then go to http://forums.afterdawn.com they have alot of experience there.

Locked.