PDA

View Full Version : 3.50 decrypted!!!!

Chameleon
May 31st, 2007, 08:25
I have successfully managed to decrypt the just released 3.50 sony firmware... none of the keys have been changed.

I give it a day at the most until an official OE is released seeing as how the files are nearly identical

Has Sony given up on trying to stop us from the homebrew world?

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSP_Firmware_3_50_decrypted)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSP_Firmware_3_50_decrypted

-Xandu-
May 31st, 2007, 10:10
Sony might try harder encryptions if they have new "features" in their firmwares. As for now they're releasing useless firmwares(for the homebrew world) since they're all PSOne fixes, etc..

Triv1um
May 31st, 2007, 10:16
add the source, because you didn't decrypt this did you? =p

anyway, I don't see much point in making this firmware custom, there are no benefits.

Chameleon
May 31st, 2007, 10:30
yes i did infact decrypt this... i was bored when i got home from work saw the update, used pbp upacker... extracted the DATA.PSAR, ran 3.30 decrypter from team C & D and it worked without a hitch...

I later examined the files to see if anything changed but nothing did except a few resource files

Buddy4point0
May 31st, 2007, 10:57
ha sonys getting sloppy, or mabey they just gave up.

Chameleon
May 31st, 2007, 12:18
they've obviously given up...no security measures were taken of the slightest

jamotto
May 31st, 2007, 12:22
With Sony winning the downgrader war since 2.81, there is no need to spend money and effort to make the firmware harder to decrypt. The number of new people who can use an OE firmware has hit the proverbial wall.

Gold Line
May 31st, 2007, 12:24
sony lose
its about time sony gave up

Chameleon
May 31st, 2007, 12:40
With Sony winning the downgrader war since 2.81, there is no need to spend money and effort to make the firmware harder to decrypt. The number of new people who can use an OE firmware has hit the proverbial wall.

Aside from updates that correspond to the ps3, updates to the firmwares broaden the chance of the "proverbial wall" to be bulldozed... this meaning that the more features they add the more loopholes that can be found whether its due to carelessness, or its just an unforseen exploit.

3.03 is the last war that the homebrew community has won... and nobody saw that coming did they, so dont count the eggs before they hatch, we have alot of talented people in the PSP scene and its just a matter of time.

gladiator5
May 31st, 2007, 13:50
maby we won..
but i didn't think so, because we havent any downgrader since 3.03, and we are now all on 3.50.

you now, i think we havent won yet. but if there comes a downgrader for 3.50 then we really won it

Balthasar00
May 31st, 2007, 14:17
New upcoming psp model involve hardware based security? If so, it will secure alot more the official firmware than a soft based security wich is always decrypted few weeks after the release. They have lost the war against decryptors but not against downgrades.

DPyro
May 31st, 2007, 14:39
3.50 allows you to use Remote Play again on a PS3 with 1.80 firmware.

zoson
May 31st, 2007, 14:59
You all have the memories of stoners... There was a post a few weeks ago that stated sony would be making security changes in firmware 4.xx. So it's no surprise that nothing has changed in 3.50 as far as decryption is concerned.

splodger15
May 31st, 2007, 15:18
^ ^
Firmware 4.00

I look forward to that

sappo
May 31st, 2007, 15:23
3.50 is UBER-useless :/

At least I hope they fixed that blasted FF7 Sleep crash :D

Personally, I would prefer a new working POPSLoader for 3.40OE, than a 3.50OE :P

DPyro
May 31st, 2007, 15:31
Popsloader for 3.40 works, just on certain previous firmware (ie 3.03 and 3.11).

froggie22
May 31st, 2007, 15:52
heres a quote from _main("JL") at maxconsole:

"The boot config tables have gone and has merged into a single file. Perhaps Sony trying to prevent OE??

Thats also maybe why they havent changed the keys, doesnt really matter for them if the fw is decrypted, as long as an OE isnt made out it. Because then that enables piracy. Just having the fw decrypted alone doesnt enable piracy.

So maybe now their focus is on preventing OE rather than preventing decryption of the fw (either way, they probably wont get very far though)."

seems they have just changed the reboot file to prevent the OE's from being made.

The King
May 31st, 2007, 15:53
i wonder wich war would be the one to end all the wars

guardiansnowman
May 31st, 2007, 15:56
maby we won..
but i didn't think so, because we havent any downgrader since 3.03, and we are now all on 3.50.

you now, i think we havent won yet. but if there comes a downgrader for 3.50 then we really won it

they havent made any downgraders since 3.03 cause they dnt want to or they dnt have to. there is still a lot of ppl lower than 3.03.

oh and its spelt No not "now"....

Axelius
May 31st, 2007, 16:16
Whoa, this was fast. I didn't even know that 3.50 was released before I read this post:cool:

Ultima Chocochu
May 31st, 2007, 16:28
Wow that was fast....I wonder if Sony really has given up.

parkermauney
May 31st, 2007, 16:45
If dax really does find a way to make an OE out of this, he should probably wait until later, useful releases, so that sony doesn't find out and take extra cautions for preventing OE.

jmendes
May 31st, 2007, 17:21
I very much doubt Sony´s is giving up. And that is a GOOD thing.

conkeroo
May 31st, 2007, 18:13
they havent made any downgraders since 3.03 cause they dnt want to or they dnt have to. there is still a lot of ppl lower than 3.03.

oh and its spelt No not "now"....
Actually, it's "know", not "No".......

kjetil1991
May 31st, 2007, 18:58
i hope we win the war sometime but no downgraders no OE for me=(

Cokemusic
May 31st, 2007, 19:31
I'm not that excited about it , wow 3.50 OE nothing that great considering the lack of features it will have.

I'm waiting for a No UMD 3.03 downgrade r or a 3.03+ downgrader for UMD Drive damaged psp.

blackrave
May 31st, 2007, 20:07
People can't call this firmware useless. It features Remote Play with the PS3 through the Internet (that means you can access your PS3 from your PSP from any Internet connection). It also seems to have an "RSS Channel Guide", whatever that is. So at least for PS3 owners, this is not useless.

Also, as I always ask, but never get replied to: What do you mean with "Sony lose, can't they just give up already? They should know (or no as some people call it) that we've won the war against them"? Do you want them to stop making firmwares for us? Stop adding new useful features? Will you call the firmware update featuring VoIP useless when that comes out in a while and still say that Sony is just a fool for making it? I just don't get it ...

Anyway, I'm glad this was decrypted. Maybe we'll get something good out of it.

Nikolaos
May 31st, 2007, 20:19
gg

PLZKLLME0080
May 31st, 2007, 20:37
so is that remote play thing the only update to 3.50?

Basil Zero
May 31st, 2007, 20:40
Not at all, like Jamotto saids, there hasnt been a single downgrader since 3.03, it seems like the only people sony needs to worry about are the ones who were able to downgrade their psps or bought their psps early.

parkermauney
May 31st, 2007, 20:46
Well, you never know. Dax hasn't updated OE in a long time, he could possibly be working on something extraordinary.

DragonPimpsta
May 31st, 2007, 20:54
I won. Aint no bad firmware coming to my psp.. not like im fighting a war! :D

Solidsnake3000
May 31st, 2007, 20:58
People can't call this firmware useless. It features Remote Play with the PS3 through the Internet (that means you can access your PS3 from your PSP from any Internet connection). It also seems to have an "RSS Channel Guide", whatever that is. So at least for PS3 owners, this is not useless.

Also, as I always ask, but never get replied to: What do you mean with "Sony lose, can't they just give up already? They should know (or no as some people call it) that we've won the war against them"? Do you want them to stop making firmwares for us? Stop adding new useful features? Will you call the firmware update featuring VoIP useless when that comes out in a while and still say that Sony is just a fool for making it? I just don't get it ...

Anyway, I'm glad this was decrypted. Maybe we'll get something good out of it.

yup i mean wow when people say why dont sony just give up if sony was to give up when they made 2.00 we would have shit people are just gay for saying that when sony says f**K the psp no new fw people are gonna be like dang man what just happend i mean i have an oe but ism not gonna be stupid and say sony should stop

DPyro
May 31st, 2007, 20:59
I think Dax was re-writing the core for oe firmware.

NoQuarter
May 31st, 2007, 21:22
I really want the remote play function in an OE.It'll be interesting to see what's inside of the new psp's.

sappo
May 31st, 2007, 21:34

Yeah, so it's really useless, as PS3 is useless :rofl:

I want more goodies for my PSP, that I already paid 200$, not things that require me to waste another 600$.

They should concentrate their efforts on things like enhancing POPS compatibility ;)

steve520
May 31st, 2007, 22:18
Damn good job i didnt even know sony updated their firmware i need to get on top of my game

burrito
May 31st, 2007, 22:20
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=545081#post545081

ok a little update on 3.50.

It will be a little more difficult to code a 3.50OE because SCE changed the prx format those are now elfs marked as 0 sections. This means that current tools cannot disassemble those and thus it will be harder to reverse, we need to get ourselves complying tools before going on. We will keep you updated of any progress.

By the way Alex is currently taking exams so he is busy, don't expect a 3.50OE within the next few days.
I want 3.5 OE :)

DarthPaul
May 31st, 2007, 23:24
Nice work Chameleon!

Solidsnake3000
June 1st, 2007, 00:16
no sign of disrespect u did a good job and all but u wasted your time and ours with this i think this should be in the ps3 section or something the way i see it everyone hates this fw

Gold Line
June 1st, 2007, 00:40
this update is stupid not many people have a ps3 anyway also whats the point in making 3.50 oe it will be 3.40 but with some ps3 thing added.

acn010
June 1st, 2007, 00:44
i may need it though, cause i have a ps3 :3

Veskgar
June 1st, 2007, 00:46
I very much doubt Sony´s is giving up. And that is a GOOD thing.

I agree. If SONY gave up, the homebrew scene would lose some of its momentum. With no more new features in "more secure" firmwares, we would not have the hope of someday using those features and improvements in an OE firmware.

Its a back & forth tug of war that I think needs to go on. SONY is just doing their job and they don't want to see the PSP a victim by having 3rd party developers drop the PSP.

Its obvious that the current PSP we know and love will be strongly supported by SONY for at least the next couple of years.

SO it will be interesting to see the future of the everlasting battle between homebrew & SONY.

luis_05
June 1st, 2007, 00:54
men i remember when decrypting use to be kewl, everyone use to stay up all night waiting for team C+D to give us the news that the new fw had been decrypted............ahhhhh good old days lol, great work nonethelss :-)

HumanIce
June 1st, 2007, 00:55
I can't wait for dark_alex's 3.50 OE

james2150
June 1st, 2007, 02:38
SOny didn't give up because they changed up flash a bit so it is harder. Also, they don't need to spend extra time making this one undecryptable, because there is no major update in it

jamotto
June 1st, 2007, 07:43
Aside from updates that correspond to the ps3, updates to the firmwares broaden the chance of the "proverbial wall" to be bulldozed... this meaning that the more features they add the more loopholes that can be found whether its due to carelessness, or its just an unforseen exploit.

True, the more firmware updates sony puts out the greater the chance of a mistake. It wouldn't surprise me if current firmware still have possible exploits that just have not been discovered yet.

3.03 is the last war that the homebrew community has won... and nobody saw that coming did they, so dont count the eggs before they hatch

Well, I have a 3.03, but am unable to downgrade it as sadly I'm not able to find a two year old unpatched gta. In my case then it was just a partial victory.

we have alot of talented people in the PSP scene and its just a matter of time.

No argument there, all the work that various individual's have done for the advancement of homebrew is greatly appreciated. When you take into account the fact that they do it in their spare time and for free, you can't thank them enough.

Tesseract
June 1st, 2007, 08:36
I just happened across something that would be really nifty with the expanded RSS support.

del.icio.us

Create your RSS listing of your bookmarks, and then you can launch them from the RSS Channel. Not only do you get the convenience of your bookmarks anywhere, but you can browse them and activate them before even touching the browser.

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to the OE release. ;)

AuroEdge
June 2nd, 2007, 04:41

Remember how long it took for the 2.50/2.60 downgrader to come?

xXxnoodleheadxX
June 4th, 2007, 05:10
when 3.50 oe comes out can i update to it from my 3.40 psp?

MrMojo
June 4th, 2007, 09:31
No.

Omega weapon
June 4th, 2007, 18:41
i am curently a 3.11 and i would love to see the day of a 3.50 downgrader

asinan
June 16th, 2007, 01:42
hey ppl i've upgraded ma psp from 1.50 to 3.50, well i know its bad i only found out later, now i cannot play any home brewed so how long do i have to wait, is there any gud news, i don't want to loose the touch of ma psp. pls help.

parkermauney
June 16th, 2007, 02:02
Your question has already been answered.

Classic80s
June 21st, 2007, 02:28
"I give it a day at the most until an official OE is released seeing as how the files are nearly identical"

I give it 3 more days!

Flatland
June 21st, 2007, 02:56
DOES 3.50 REALLY WORKS AND NO BUGS, WHAT ARE THE NEW OR CHANGES FROM THE 3.03 OE-C ? I'M USING 3.03 OE-C AND IT WORKS BEST FOR ME.... AND GUYS DON'T TRY THE APPLICATION PIMP MY PSP IF U LOVE UR PSP:D BECAUSE I BRICK MY PSP UNBRICKING IT TAKE'S ME A WHOLE DAY LOOKING FOR SOLUTION AND IT'S LIKE A DA VINCI CODE HEHHEHEH TAKES SKILL TO FIGURE IT OUT NO NEED TO DOWNGRADE AND UPGRADE IT AGAIN JUST TRY AND TRY AND MY FINAL TIP! PLS BEFORE DOING ANY KIND OF UPGRADES AND INSTALLATION OF APPLICATION TO YOUR PSP MAKE SURE U ALREADY OR HAVE THE BACKUP OF UR FLASH0.... THAT'S ALL FOLKS!! :thumbup: PS...! SOME 1 HAS A APPLICATION THAT FUNCTION BEST AND USEFULL....... CAN SOME 1 SEND ME IT THANK'S ALOT AND GOOD BLESS ALL PSP USER THERE AND THANK YOU FOR THE FORUM DCEMU ROCKS!!!

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 07:20
Why The Hell Do You Keep Posting That Image??? And Writing In All Caps?

Flatland
June 21st, 2007, 16:17
I'm checking out how u guys upload an image with your replys and now i know its on user cp (signature).. and ill do capslock every time i make a reply. In messages or even emails sorry for the mistake ill do changes. Right now, i hope all will understand

Thank You......

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 17:19
Woo hoo! You fixed it. Thank you.

Flatland
June 21st, 2007, 17:31
dude do u know what are the new changes for 3.50 from 3.03 OE-C?

asinan
July 2nd, 2007, 21:29
so any progress in changing 3.50 to be able to play homebrewed games, any info on that pls do let me know.