PDA

View Full Version : Janua

wraggster
May 31st, 2007, 18:19
Cauxprod (http://blog.ifrance.com/cauxprod) has released a new game for the PSP, heres a video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/v/WjR3pONFoYs

Heres a french to english description:

Janua is written in Lua, a language of simple programming, derived from C, directed object. All the system of collision is based according to a technique which I called “collision by color of wall” of which you can find the tuto that I wrote on XtreamLua.com. The code is encrypted for the reasons of the contest, I will offer the code deciphered with the comments to the XtreamLua site after the contest. the play is divided into three scripts: - the menu of the play - the engine of the play - the level charged this technique enables me to write as much level than I wish it, I think of creating a pack of an additional score of level with new goals and new traps for the end July.

Download Here (http://upload.xtreamlua.com/download/1000064/janua.rar)

parkermauney
May 31st, 2007, 18:30
Wow, that looks pretty cool. I'll try it out.

skater9269
May 31st, 2007, 18:31
Very cool I like the artistic style that it has very original.

Buddy4point0
May 31st, 2007, 20:17
that looks really cool! thanks man!

blackrave
May 31st, 2007, 21:35
I agree, this game looks very fun and innovative, and the graphics, although a bit simple, impress me and it just looks great!

I have yet to try it. I'll download it to my PSP and play some before I go to sleep.

Thank you, Cauxprod.

By the way, I was gonna ask if there is a way to edit and add levels, but I see now that the code is encrypted and that the developer will release a pack later with new levels. :)

Gold Line
May 31st, 2007, 21:38
looks like a ds game

aries2k4
May 31st, 2007, 21:39
Nice job. something a little different

wolfpack
May 31st, 2007, 22:24
hmm this one will be interesting to try out.

steve520
May 31st, 2007, 22:33
wow looks good

DarthPaul
May 31st, 2007, 23:15
looks like a ds game

Yeah,the drawing road thing looks a lot like Kirby for the DS.

DragonPimpsta
May 31st, 2007, 23:17
this reminds me of that one kirby game on the DS... except without a touchscreen.. Someone should mod the PSP with a touchscreen! :D im gonna try this

dark heart
June 1st, 2007, 07:18
kirby? i would have said this reminds me a lot of lemmings.

blackrave
June 1st, 2007, 14:16
looks like a ds game

Looks like a DS game? What's your point? How about a small thank you, at least?

HardHat
June 1st, 2007, 14:31
Quite fun. I finished level one, and am working on level two now. The only bugs I've found is that sometimes the girl reverses driection with step barriers. and other times she falls through. Not that hard to avoid (my wife disagrees ;-)

Good job. And yes, it feels like a DS game.

titch.ryan
June 1st, 2007, 20:05
wow this looks cool.

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 05:14
This game is fun, but HARD! I still haven't beat level one. I always make my slope too steep, and the girl just falls through. By the way, that falling scene makes me lol. :D

jinqui242
June 4th, 2007, 05:49
Great work! I really like the opening cut scene. It looks very professional with a good atmosphere; almost feels like a commercial game opening.