PDA

View Full Version : Just noticed this...

IndianCheese
May 31st, 2007, 22:18
I just noticed that the Settings menu on the XMB works differently than the other menus in the XMB; it shows the text of the icons above and below the current option. e.g. If your PSP is looking at the "System Settings" icon, the words "Photo Settings," "Theme Settings," and "Date & Time Settings" are still visible, but if you to the "Remote Play" icon, the "LocationFree Player," "RSS Channel," and "Internet Browser" texts are not visible. Is there a way to turn this off?

steve520
May 31st, 2007, 22:21
damn you must have been bored huh

ExcruciationX
May 31st, 2007, 22:25
I didn't see that!

Nice find.

IndianCheese
May 31st, 2007, 23:01
It's annoying because I have been fiddling MAJORLY around with my XMB lately; I put my Network Update icon underneath the Network icon in place of Remote Play where it BELONGS and replaced the little dash with "System Software 3.40 OE-A," and in Network Update's former place I put a Recovery Mode icon, but I want it to be invisible to anyone who uses my PSP, so the main icon is blank, the shadow is blank, and the glow is the actual icon (you only see that when it's highlighted), and the only other way I can think of fixing this would be to get rid of the "Recovery Mode" text itself, but I don't want to.

BTW my XMB pwns all of yours'.

parkermauney
June 1st, 2007, 05:03
Mine doesn't do that. :p

And if your xmb is so pwny, lets see a screen.

Chameleon
June 1st, 2007, 10:39
It's annoying because I have been fiddling MAJORLY around with my XMB lately; I put my Network Update icon underneath the Network icon in place of Remote Play where it BELONGS and replaced the little dash with "System Software 3.40 OE-A," and in Network Update's former place I put a Recovery Mode icon, but I want it to be invisible to anyone who uses my PSP, so the main icon is blank, the shadow is blank, and the glow is the actual icon (you only see that when it's highlighted), and the only other way I can think of fixing this would be to get rid of the "Recovery Mode" text itself, but I don't want to.

BTW my XMB pwns all of yours'.

It doesnt pwn mine, ive done all that, (don't really care if someone sees my recovery icon and text)
I made my camera icon into a photo editor, relinked savedata to gamesharing and used savedata as IRSHELL.

But big deal anyways your outcome and mine are simplistic to say the least, it does'nt take a genius to figure it out... now does it?

( no disrespect intended)

IndianCheese
June 2nd, 2007, 04:21
Mine doesn't do that. :p
Hmmm...maybe you are confused. Send me two screenshots of your XMB: one of it on Settings and one of it on Game.

IndianCheese
June 3rd, 2007, 04:29
I made my camera icon into a photo editor, relinked savedata to gamesharing and used savedata as IRSHELL.
What PRX did you use to do this because I can't find any homebrew-loading XMB icon swap-out PRXs anywhere that work for 3.40 OE-A.

parkermauney
June 3rd, 2007, 05:52
Oh damn I see what you're saying. I thought you meant below and beside the icon itself. :p