PDA

View Full Version : ShugenDo a 2D Fighting Engine for PSP

wraggster
June 1st, 2007, 00:41
Sakirsoft has released a video of a WIP port of ShugenDo a 2D Fighting Engine:

http://www.youtube.com/v/U0b31nLYGcI

More Info (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=8406)

watupgroupie
June 1st, 2007, 00:45
Cool this could lead to something great :)

DragonPimpsta
June 1st, 2007, 00:46
let me replyyyyyyyyyyy.. fricking damn missed first post.. this looks amzing, lol. Im definating getting this when its done

fatcat04912
June 1st, 2007, 00:48
Finally my prayers have been answered no if only you can upload your own characters because i have 100 ive personally made

acn010
June 1st, 2007, 00:52
its a mugen port, thats all... i have the rare characters on my mugen in my comp... do you think tha psp can hold such rare and powerful characters? i dont think so!!!! muahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kungfu man!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!

gunntims0103
June 1st, 2007, 00:56
I hope you can customize this. Im thinking of something i want to put together with this. If this is modable. This is very exciting news

acn010
June 1st, 2007, 00:58
its old... its just a port.... i know cause ived been trying to mod this source code

Buddy4point0
June 1st, 2007, 00:59
that looks so great! i cant wait to make a mod for it!

voorheesda
June 1st, 2007, 01:02
This looks awsome, gonna try it out when it gets released. Yea, all you modding ppl could make some fancy mods too.

acn010
June 1st, 2007, 01:02
http://www.mugenation.com/
lol, enjoy :)

podunk320x
June 1st, 2007, 01:10
isnt this just Mugen????? seems someone is trying to take credit from elecbyte(creators of Mugen, i think thats their name, dont remember cuz Mugen is sooo old circa 2000 i believe).

I guess only acn010 and myself are the only ones that know about Mugen, weird huh......especially for a place like this were homebrew is spoken everywhere.

Btw folks, I believe ShugenDo is also on the Xbox.... oh wait, i think it goes by another name....oh yeah MugenX.....lol

gunntims0103
June 1st, 2007, 01:15
This is a port. So he's not stealing credit or taking anyones work. He's porting a source over for play on the psp.

And how can you say "Isnt this JUST mugen". Are you serious, theres people who have been waiting years for mugen to show up on PSP. For progress like this i find it rather refreshing. This would literally bring hundreds of new playing hours simply due to the potential mods.

Deathnix
June 1st, 2007, 01:19
Isnt the background from a guilty gear?

acn010
June 1st, 2007, 01:50
This is a port. So he's not stealing credit or taking anyones work. He's porting a source over for play on the psp.

And how can you say "Isnt this JUST mugen". Are you serious, theres people who have been waiting years for mugen to show up on PSP. For progress like this i find it rather refreshing. This would literally bring hundreds of new playing hours simply due to the potential mods.

its been for a while, i ported it with the free source. theres another person who ported WAY long time ago and it was out for download too.. so as for me, its not a great news, the only difference is the background, woopty doo :p
LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
proof for the non-believers:
http://dl.qj.net/Open-Mugen-PSP-PSP-Homebrew-Games/pg/12/fid/7532/catid/195
enjoy the goodness :3
podunk320x, how many characters do you have in total???? i have 670 characters on my comp and others 200 i havent even bother putting them yet

MonkeyBoy1916
June 1st, 2007, 02:00
omg, someone finally answered my prayers :D

I hope its as easily moddable as MUGEN, or atleast some mugen files work with it, as I have so many pre-made games, and personally made, Naruto, Bleach, and a bunch of others, id release them in a heartbeat ^_^

gunntims0103
June 1st, 2007, 02:32
Yea if this were moddable and further along in development i would get a team together for a naruto project. That would be awesome!

MonkeyBoy1916
June 1st, 2007, 02:48
Naruto Battle Arena & Naruto Hurricane Mugen are good, even them as a PSP Version would be awesome :D

acn010
June 1st, 2007, 03:26
i think you can mod further if you know what you doing.....

[Roger]
June 1st, 2007, 03:46
it funny, because i was wonder if they should make mugen type of game engine this will be awsome but i think you need aleast 2gb or get the even 8gb to get all the best charater

Yungblaqs
June 1st, 2007, 10:03
Yo dis dis game is off da hook!!!!!!!!!1

Apoklepz
June 1st, 2007, 14:56
its been for a while, i ported it with the free source. theres another person who ported WAY long time ago and it was out for download too.. so as for me, its not a great news, the only difference is the background, woopty doo :p

Woopty doo, huh? Don't forget Open Mugen for PSP isn't so "Open" as the name implies and it doen't even play right...Meaning it's not even mod-able, it has absolutely NO Enemy AI support and is pretty much a first step homebrew application that never got past that first step....I've seen much better things done in LUA.
Yeah it's been out for a while but it's USELESS!!! This new port finally looks like a step in the right direction.

...So, what's this not to be excited about, acn010...buddy?

devdj
June 1st, 2007, 15:37
cool hope ye can get dbz characters in to work in this it would be so sweet

Chuthbert
June 1st, 2007, 16:15
Heh, heh, heh, I never expected to see this here. I'm often on the Mugen Fighters Guild (Mysterious Bob), although I recently lost my Mugen game.

For those who don't know, this isn't a port of Mugen. Elecbyte never released the source code. This is actually one of two clone projects, ShugenDo. It's built from the ground up to imitate Mugen. It also adds a lot of new features.

I can't personally wait to have mugen on my PSP...

Apoklepz
June 1st, 2007, 17:42
Amen to that!

The amount of time spent on my PSP would expand tenfold! Imagine replicating Street Fighter 3rd Strike or your fighting game of choice on your PSP...Even mix & match your favorite fighting game characters and stages to make the ultimate brawler...It all sounds too exciting...in my head XP

This is all us fighting fans need now that the BOR engine has been perfected thanks to SamuraiX.
...I'm just praying this grows into a decent, steady FPS running app.

seanp2500
June 1st, 2007, 20:17
This looks great but I just wish he would release it already. He also seems to be interested in charging for it booooo...

As for previous comments. XMugen (mugen on xbox) is not open mugen or shugen do. It is a port of Linmugen. I love it and play it all the time. It is highly customizable.

Sakir has ported shugendoo over to xbox though. But he has not released it yet. There is also a clone program called infinity cat. There are some youtube vids of people playing betas of it on a psp. It even supported netplay with a pc user.

MonkeyBoy1916
June 1st, 2007, 20:48
This looks great but I just wish he would release it already. He also seems to be interested in charging for it booooo...

As for previous comments. XMugen (mugen on xbox) is not open mugen or shugen do. It is a port of Linmugen. I love it and play it all the time. It is highly customizable.

Sakir has ported shugendoo over to xbox though. But he has not released it yet. There is also a clone program called infinity cat. There are some youtube vids of people playing betas of it on a psp. It even supported netplay with a pc user.

*drools at Infcat PSP...*

Sucks their isnt even any idea on when it will be released, it looks plenty far enough to be released as Beta, for those that want to see it, here is a vid of the Network function, looks real to me ^_^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mY1OjHB9GDI

tunglashor
June 1st, 2007, 20:49
Just to address some inaccuracies I've seen here - firstly, there are no plans to charge for ShugenDo.
Secondly, no-one is trying to take credit from elecbyte or anyone else; ShugenDo is coded from scratch to emulate mugen and more, there's no secret about that. And for those claiming it's just OpenMugen with a different name, why not download the latest beta of the Windows version and see how much it's changed since OpenMugen, before badmouthing the creator.
As for a beta, you can see from the video that the engine has been ported but the menu and interface have not yet been done (it looks like it's currently hard coded to use those particular characters). I believe once that's done a beta is planned for the psp.

gunntims0103
June 1st, 2007, 21:07
MonkeyBoy1916, if a really good mugen port is ever released for the PSP and is fully moddable. I would really like working with you on a naruto based mugen. :)

NarutoShugenDoLegends

:D

PLZKLLME0080
June 1st, 2007, 21:12
whats with the people bowing so much? the one guy bowed just to get a knee in his face lol.

acn010
June 2nd, 2007, 01:48
Just to address some inaccuracies I've seen here - firstly, there are no plans to charge for ShugenDo.
Secondly, no-one is trying to take credit from elecbyte or anyone else; ShugenDo is coded from scratch to emulate mugen and more, there's no secret about that. And for those claiming it's just OpenMugen with a different name, why not download the latest beta of the Windows version and see how much it's changed since OpenMugen, before badmouthing the creator.
As for a beta, you can see from the video that the engine has been ported but the menu and interface have not yet been done (it looks like it's currently hard coded to use those particular characters). I believe once that's done a beta is planned for the psp.

nobody is badmouthing the creator, second i may believe that it was made from scratch, YET!!! i may need prove to see and test if it is and look at the source it is build... and do you think it will hold nightmare SSJ3 Broly????? i have it, i want to see the character in action on the psp :)

tunglashor
June 2nd, 2007, 06:11
nobody is badmouthing the creator

I'd say the guy accusing him of taking someone else's work and trying to take credit was badmouthing him.

If you doubt that it was coded from scratch, what are you suggesting? That it somehow includes code from mugen? No-one has that, which is why projects like ShugenDo were started in the first place.

As for which characters will work, naturally the more complex a character is the more likely it is that it will have bugs etc - after all the engine is still unfinished. We'll have to wait and see how the psp version copes with the bigger characters - obviously no optimisation has been done yet.

Raekwik11
June 2nd, 2007, 17:44
why did the guy in white keep on bowing? he lost because he kept on getting hit while bowing.

n8archer_XI
June 3rd, 2007, 03:40
;444337']it funny, because i was wonder if they should make mugen type of game engine this will be awsome but i think you need aleast 2gb or get the even 8gb to get all the best charater it really only takes a few hundred megs to get about 100 characters (who needs more?):confused:

NovaKane
June 6th, 2007, 07:38
OMG, this must be released asap!

n8archer_XI
July 21st, 2007, 18:16
We probably won't be getting it until Christmas...

Deux2k5
January 24th, 2008, 07:48
is it released if so link plz

mr_nick666
January 24th, 2008, 09:25
A version of Mugen has been released for the PSP and there is a development thread with 1000s of converted characters here (http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php?board=57.0) ;)

Silenus
January 24th, 2008, 23:12
I would like to play this on the slim.

Is this compatible??

djbrotherson
January 24th, 2008, 23:37
i dont see a pic - wraggster

SilentKaper
January 27th, 2008, 16:26
So will this be compatible with the slim?

n8archer_XI
March 9th, 2008, 07:04
Yeah, if it's hacked and is on CFW or 1.5 (don't know if that's even possible)...

Apoklepz
March 12th, 2008, 18:51
A version of Mugen has been released for the PSP and there is a development thread with 1000s of converted characters here (http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php?board=57.0) ;)

So these characters actually work now? They don't have faulty movements or kill each other with a 75 hit projectile? So this engine was finally tweaked to be actually playable?

Sorry to bring back this old thread but I think I speak for many when I say I want some answers, dammit!:thumbup:

n8archer_XI
April 6th, 2008, 04:33
sure...

Zombo
April 30th, 2008, 23:13
Its coming folks!

I plan to make a official build in May.
Today its exact one year since the first port of ShugenDo to the PSP and it is time to make a public version available.

This was posted in response to a question I asked on his ShugenDo PSP video!

Dont believe me?

Some of you allready wonder what is happening in the background.

Gues what i am still working on ShugenDo :). Today it is exactly one year since the first ShugenDo port to the PSP. So i decide to release beta 3 and a port of Beta 3 for the PSP some time in may.

I added a lot of new stuff into ShugenDo but you will not see all those new stuff in beta 3. I will also release a modifyed beta 3 with the new Stage dessign concept where you can define your stage physics enviorment like seen as in the platform test youtube video.

Beta3 will include improved camera movemnet and a zooming stage example. As usal you will see some compatiblity improvements.

ShugenDo also move to Bitmap fonts and supports unicode charackter encoding. I will also try to write some tutorials on how the new xml format look likes or how you archive the zooming abbilty in stages.

This was posted today on his official site!
Hopefully this has been the moment many of us has been waiting for!
Now we can make our own ghetto port of Street Fighter 3 and Capcom Vs SNK 2! -_-;

Apoklepz
June 9th, 2009, 22:33
Now we can make our own ghetto port of Street Fighter 3 and Capcom Vs SNK 2! -_-;

Lol. Don't forget Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter.

Zombo, just like you I too am on this like a dog on a bone.

Sakir has posted this teaser screenshot recently both at PSPDev and Mugen Fighter's Guild. It shows off how widescreen will be rendered on the PSP.

http://www.sakirsoft.com/screenshots/pspdev/shot0011.png

Can't wait! :thumbup: